WWE/ECW Bringing In New Talent, Taz Update, & More!

Outsiders

-- PWInsider is reporting that there is talk of WWE bringing in outside indy talent for the new ECW from companies such as ROH and CZW.

-- Taz was offered a wrestling spot in the new ECW, however due to his neck problems he won't be taking it. Taz has always been a perfectionist and likely wouldn't want to get back into the ring unless he could do it well.

Good for Taz. So often we see guys trying to go out there and perform when it is so obvious that they are just shells of their former selves (Hogan, Flair, etc.). As nice as it would be to see Taz in a ring again, if he knows that he would end up looking like a shell of his ECW glory days, it's better that he takes a pass. Why tarnish a leagacy by trying to collect a few more pay days.

I agree with that. Plus it just seems that Taz(z) is satisfied with what he has done in the ring and i respect that. Didn't he have a rough injury anyway?

I'd be interested to see if they play up how Taz feels about Joey Styles "quitting". Taz is almost certainly going to be very pro-ECW and I wonder if they'll play up tension between Taz and Cole on SD. Maybe Cole will make some sort of comment about Joey or ECW that Taz will take offence to.

I'd be interested to see if they play up how Taz feels about Joey Styles "quitting". Taz is almost certainly going to be very pro-ECW and I wonder if they'll play up tension between Taz and Cole on SD. Maybe Cole will make some sort of comment about Joey or ECW that Taz will take offence to.

I was just thinking about that myself. I'm wondering if he will acknowledge Joey's comments from Raw and then end up commentating for the resurrected ECW. I kinda like that idea.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the case. I think they are really prepping Booker to do color commentary. You also notice that Coach wasn't on RAW this past week.

I would love Booker T to do commentary. When he's a guest announcer, the guy is plain hilarious.

As for Tazz, I would think he'd stick with SmackDown. With Joey's comments the other night, I get the feeling he'd be doing commentary solo. Anyway, Tazz is too good right now to lose. Cole & Tazz make a great announce team now. WWE wouldn't want to tinker with that combination.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE