G.I. JOE Sigma 6 FIREFLY File Card And Images

OptimusPrime2005

t_fireflysigma6card_014_190.jpgSIGMA 6 SABOTEUR

CODENAME: FIREFLY

SPECIALTY: DEMOLITIONS

FIREFLY is an expert in the art of sabotage and specializes in explosive devices that disable electronic systems. He worked in covert ops on missions involving computer espionage and was brought onto the SIGMA 6 Team to destroy a sophisticated computer virus created by COBRA to destabilize the world economy. He infiltrated the evil organization and blew up the base's central electronics core, stopping the virus from being transmitted and ending all computerized COBRA activity for over a year. He became a permanet member of the SIGMA 6 Team to provide his expertise in fighting the COBRA B.A.T. troops. His Innovative Devices have provided the team with powerful weapons to deplete the ranks of these dangerous robots.

Click Here to view the complete story and view all the New Images!

I don't have a problem with Firefly being a Joe in Sigma 6, mainly because I couldn't care less for the line or its story/continuity.

I just can't to wait to hear the whining from all the purists who are going to actually be offended by such a irrelevent switch.

I don't have a problem with Firefly being a Joe in Sigma 6, mainly because I couldn't care less for the line or its story/continuity.

I just can't to wait to hear the whining from all the purists who are going to actually be offended by such a irrelevent switch.

Don't worry about it too much, he betrays the Joe's in season 2 and we will get a Cobra Version.

Don't worry about it too much, he betrays the Joe's in season 2 and we will get a Cobra Version.

and that is very cool.

purists will still whine though that he was ever a Joe, regardless that he ends up a Cobra.

Looks like Firefly's now a Jedi

well the original used fire bombs and flame throwers so it is not that much of a stretch but the uniform is alittle strange for him. hopefully they will offer a repaint or another version with the classic grey camo.

I'm with Optimus - it seems pretty obvious he will betray the team - a surpirse for the kiddies - and actually a cool story.

Why didn't they do that in the original??

But now the eternal question - buy this version - or wait and see if there is another one with the Cobra logo??

Well as a purist, I think Firefly should never be a Joe.

J/K

I gotta agree with Draven here, I actually like the storyline. It could turn out that he was actually part of Cobra all along, and the acts of espionage that he did to Cobra was allowed by CC for Firefly to gain the trust of Sigma 6. Then Firefly collects all the data he can on the Sigma suits, and takes it back to Cobra giving them their own versions of the overpowered suits.

In theory, of course.

Purist here! i have to admit it could be a neat storyline but if you want a traitor why not a new character? blackout maybe. as for the fig, i hate the scale so why does it even matter lol.

I think Firefly fits better as the traitor because he is trained in sabotage and espionage. That's just what he does. Blackout is more of the 'didn't cut it as a Joe' drop out type. Besides, they have to try to lure the purists to the Sigma 6 dark side somehow. So, they had to throw in an old time familiar face like Firefly.

Personally, I LOVE the sounds of this storyline. I'm a little worried about how the cartoon will play out based on the way it was geared towards kids in the first season, but even so, the concept really works for me.

Not to mention the figure itself looks really neat, too. I have no problem with Firefly being a Joe, or being an infiltrator (if that's what he is).

Anyone who wants to check out my little take on the Sigma 6 Firefly character, take a peek at my Battlefiles Entry here.

Justin

Personally, I LOVE the sounds of this storyline. I'm a little worried about how the cartoon will play out based on the way it was geared towards kids in the first season, but even so, the concept really works for me.

Not to mention the figure itself looks really neat, too. I have no problem with Firefly being a Joe, or being an infiltrator (if that's what he is).

Anyone who wants to check out my little take on the Sigma 6 Firefly character, take a peek at my Battlefiles Entry here.

Justin

Hey Justin,

Any idea how hisstank got his figure early? I just saw your site and read his review. Did they arrive at retail at a certain part of the US, Canada or another country recently?

kndy

Hey Justin,

Any idea how hisstank got his figure early? I just saw your site and read his review. Did they arrive at retail at a certain part of the US, Canada or another country recently?

kndy

I can't say for certain, though I do know that Firefly is not yet available at retail...it should be VERY soon, they may have just gotten an early sample somewhere.

Justin

why does he have two big dillies...... o wait.. lightsabers?? no....wait....

:) everyone knows my views on the line so i wont say anymore... except that mask is sooo tmnt. why doesnt he come with hockey sticks? :)

anyone else think he should be in a boy band???

and is it even humanly possible to make that facial expression???

I like the idea of him actually infiltrating the Joes, and ending up as a traitor in the end, but I gotta say I'm not digging the design at all. The '80s style goalie mask is pretty lame, unless you're Jason or that guy from TMNT (or an actual hockey player from back in the day).

It's too bad they didn't go with a more '80s style like they did with some of the other key characters, cause it's such a solid design, like what they did with Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Destro or Zartan - I would have probably gotten it if that was the case.

Looks like Firefly's now a Jedi

No sh@# man...I was thinking the same thing! @lol@

I kinda like the figure actually, the best of ANY of'em thus far, but it's still not my cup of tea.