Least liked Variant And Chase figures?

Zaku

I have been thinking of this for a while. People chase down the Variants & before that the Chase figures like they are gold. But some are not exactly favorites. So the 2 questions are:

1. What variant/chase do you Dislike?

and

2. What variant/chase do you see the community as a whole Disliking?

My answers:

1. Brown pouch cable. That was a lame variant. His pouches were brown? whooooooooooo party down Nate Summers. Wild brown variant. The worst in my opinion.

and

2. I see the community not liking Bullseye & hulk green variant. I have both, they were my only chase figures for a while. I love the hulk because the sculpt looks better in green. But Others think they are blah. I have seen both on pegs 5 times. I have seen people pass up both and get professor X instead. They must be the red headed stepchild of ML.

I really disliked the ML10 variant Cyclops. They had a chance to make a really cool variant and they blew it with those skinny stripes on his costume.

Actually, the variant Cable's entire lower body is brown. It's a "FA Cable" since those are the colors Liefeld first drew him with. It's by far not the worst variant.

If you want to get into bad CHASES, Red Skull is one of the worse MLs, and my pick for worst chase. Talking variants, there are probably too many bad ones to really pick.

Some of them that I don't like, it's for the same or similar reasons I don't like the regular version, i.e. variant Wonder Man for his shoulders, etc.

I hate variant Storm cause the head doesn't fit with the costume, variant Bullseye looks like crap cause, well, since when was he grimacing about rolling in the mud?

ML3 Wolverine's too big, and the variant head sucks. Classic Cap variant, well, the word "useless" comes to mind. That one was really just an excuse for someone to play "what if Ultimate Cap had the wings on his head before he was frozen?" which is stupid in the extreme.

That really covers most of the ones I don't like.

The POS ML11 Logan hands down!

I like the variant Bullseye head... it was that heavy wash that I couldn't stand. A simple head swap gave me a 'perfect' Bullseye. :)

To this day, Red Skull is the only ML chase I've found at retail. Quite frankly, there have been more than a few days I wish I'd left him on the peg. I ended up using him for a few customs- A better RS and a Baron Strucker, to be exact (who knew that one would prove to be so prophetic?). The very fact that the top half of the figure is a movie Prof X with a rubber coat is enough to make me despise him- the horrible DD legs are just a more obvious reason.

My least favorites in no particular order are Bullseye, FA Green Hulk, Cylops, and Red Skull.

The sad thing is that even though the Red Skull is such a crappy figure, I may leave it in my villians display even though I have the new one just because I hate the new costume so much.

I'll also add that there's been 2 Bullseye variants warming the pegs at a local Meijer for over 2 months now, so that says something about which one the community on the whole is least impressed with. Given ML9 variants were by far the easiest to find, 2 months is still a long time for any variant to hang around a store.

I dislike

redskull

dark phoenix

<--- I hate these these two cause I don't think new charecters should be chase figures!! & ... I still don't have a FLIPN dark phoenix LOL! :P

& ml11 logan :P - nuff said bub...

black outfit storm the black outfit is a nice idea how ever IT SHOULD have been the differnt one!!! I don't think she ever had the mohawk and that outfit on at the same time :S

Allso I agree with the others on BE Its not a bad chase... not a great one either though... if we didn't have this one we would be complaining about NOT having it more than anything else :P Personaly I like my evil grinning BE :P

I don't like these head "variants" from the two packs (even though I don't own any MLWM yet...). sure, ML12 Wolverine looked nice, but when did they have to go so cheap? why can't they include swappable Daredevil heads, like Deadpool? and then why not make the variant yellow? (well, I guess the demand for these would go up, just like AoA Wolverine variant...)

but I guess the idea of a variant isn't to make an entirely new figure of the same character in the same wave. :P

they want to do a simple change such as repaint or head change and scrunched mask.

My least favorite variant would have to be Mohawk Storm. I too don't think she ever had that road warrior hair style with that particular outfit...that's why the variant just doesn't work.

Other honorable mentions are :Phasing Vision, ML 11 Logan variant, Smirking Bullseye, and FA Green Hulk.

I don't like redskull cause I don't have him... as I said new charecters should not be chases :P The hate for BE surprises me too though :P

slao why don't you like phasing vision & green hulk?.. They are great!

slao why don't you like phasing vision & green hulk?.. They are great!

Hmm, I just don't think they are anything special.

Instead of a phasing Vision i actually would have really liked a variant of Vision in his white outfit(yet that depends on if both body sculpts/capes are compatible....i don't have costume comparison pics, sorry dudes)

I guess i just prefer the FA grey Hulk...i know the Hulk from the current 2-packs is not reflective of his First Appearance, but that is THE ideal green Hulk to get.

I guess another least favorite variant for me is X-23(purple)...although it is abundant in most areas. I really want the black outfit X-23 @grumpy@

lets not even bring up the x23s yikes :D

Yea I prefer the regular ml9 hulk as well but I do indeed like the green one, my only wish was that it would have had the regular hulks head!! For some reason when I think of hulk I just don't think of him as a savage monster ... he only really gets that way when other people go after em or something lol, I guess it depends on what version of the hulk you think of though indeed :P

Dislikes and why:

Ultimate Captain America. Just the thought that they added wings to the head when he never had 'em makes this the lousiest kick in the nads to the "buy it all" collectors I can think of. My opinion, at least.

Phasing Vision. I think it would've been neater to've made a

"white" Vision instead. Neat figure, but... variant "costume" neater.

X-23. Gag, who needs a purple outfit and a black outfit? Not me, thus this is another "variant" that I wouldn't buy for 5.00 in the store if I spotted it.

Bullseye. Great sculpt, no doubt about it. But a snarling face is the only difference? Just have multiple heads and save the variant status for somebody else who'd make a really great one instead of a sub-par.

Cable. Meh... brown schmown, the regular is good enough for me. I do like the brown version but, I don't know, too many choices isn't always a good thing.

Great variants.

Stealth Iron Man/"Pointy helmet" Iron Man. Same red/gold armor but with a comic-accurate paint scheme or design tweak. Bought 'em off the shelf way back and wouldn't part with 'em for anything. Great, great figures.

Thing. Same figure, but with a hat, trenchcoat, and pair of cheaters (that's glasses, to you). Same damn figure, but... somehow, so cool looking to have that, again, you've just gotta buy it. For nostalgia sake if nothin' else.

Dr. Doom. The Doombot is one of the few figures I haven't gotten around to picking up, but I'd still like to for completists' sake. It's just a headswitch, sure, and it'd be neat to have both that you could fit on the figure... but it's also a variant that makes sense. Yeah, Bullseye looks angry. But I bet he also sneezes. And I don't see a variant head sculpt for that!

Black Widow. I'll eventually get the blonde version, but until I do I'm glad that the variant is a completely different character, thus upping the number of different characters by one.

Sasquatch. Am I the only one who loves the white version and uses his as Wendigo? Because if I am, I'm totally fine with that.

Hah, "WEN-DI-GO!" and stuff.

Variants still needed.

Namor. In the green, scaly speedo's for God sakes! It's insane that this hasn't been done yet. Super de-dooper easy repaint of the old figure... although adding current articulation to the old sculpt would be a thousand times better.

Black Panther. One for you (and me) Classic Avengers fans out there without all the blingy blang gold on him.

Mr. Fantastic. One that stands up when you put his arm attachments on him. Hah.

USAgent. Just take ANY Captain America figure and, y'now, repaint him.

Daredevil. Current articulation of the yellow costume would be nifty keen-o.

Giant Man. Tweak the big figure and make him into Goliath. ANY Goliath, Hank Pym or Clint Barton.

Hydro Man. Like, make him as a Marvel Legend in his black t-shirt and jeans and, um, y'know... remake the figure from scratch. And do it like Sandman. Um, y'know... with articulation and, yeah.

Hulk Buster Iron Man. Dud him up in blue, gray, and black and make a new head sculpt to create Obidiah Stane in the Iron Monger suit.

-Matt

Dislikes and why:

Phasing Vision. I think it would've been neater to've made a

"white" Vision instead. Neat figure, but... variant "costume" neater.

Bullseye. Great sculpt, no doubt about it. But a snarling face is the only difference? Just have multiple heads and save the variant status for somebody else who'd make a really great one instead of a sub-par.

Amen to that.

I still will never understand why we never got a US Agent, Namor, or even a classic Black Panther, i mean those may have been the easiest ones to make variants of.

put prowler to that list as well, ala the BP mold :P

& yea... I'd totaly have brought a us agent... and that german guy too... redstar or whatever ... There are a few other shield throwing guys out there as well are there not? :S

The guy is just like cap down to the outfit but with a star on his chest and sheild and a red outfit :S Duno anything about him but I"ve seen him in quite a few comics :P