More On Jim Ross' Full-Time Return To RAW; Styles Update!

Outsiders

Jim Ross will be the lead announcer for the Backlash PPV tonight in Lexington, Kentucky along with Jerry "The King" Lawler (Jonathan Coachman will more than likely be announcing as well).

Ross will be replacing Joey Styles tonight due to WWE making an internal decision for Ross to return to the announce table as the lead announcer for Monday Night RAW.

This decision will either go into effect starting tomorrow after the Backlash PPV or in a few weeks. While this decision might be a blow to Styles, he is expected to play a strong role in the new ECW brand. We will continue to follow this situation as it develops.

Poor Joey @grumpy@

Well, if ECW is coming back, I'd rather have him be their "voice."

He certainly was great with them back in the "Extreme" days.

Saying Styles is the best thing to happen to Raw in years is ludacris, but he is a hell of a lot less annoying than JR. watching old wrestlemanias again, i forgot how damn stupid that guy really is.

Styles was probably one of the best things to happen to RAW in a decade! Commentators sell the product we watch for 2 hours every week, and I sure wasn't buying what good ole' JR was selling.

Crap, now we have to be subjected to the BAWH GAWD! BAWH GAWD! ITS A SLOBBERKNOCKER BAWH GAWD BAWH GAWD!

bogus.

I understand that they are going to want Styles to be commentating for ECW but JR's time has passed. So has the King's IMO. Give us something new. I don't mind him doing the PPV's but I don't want to hear him on RAW.

and JR said more than just Bah GAWD AHLMIGHTY!! and GAWD BAWH GAWD!......he said a bad word....the one that starts with s and ends in t and its four letters long and but the word bull in front of that @smilepunch@ then he said he was sorry for saying it, i think it was after HHH did his thing at the end of the match!!

To Say Styles is one of the best things to happen to Raw in a decade is an absolutly ridiculous overstatement. Id gladly take him over any of the other commentators on either show in the last decade, yes.

Best things to happen to Raw in the past decade? WCW feud, the Undisputed Title and Jerichos reign, Benoits World Title win, the whole Steve Austin/Rock populairty, NWO and Hogan's return, etc...

Well, count me in the minority of being happy JR is coming back.

To me, Joey's voice is so geeky and whiney, but I am glad to see he'll be the voice of ECW.

To Say Styles is one of the best things to happen to Raw in a decade is an absolutly ridiculous overstatement. Id gladly take him over any of the other commentators on either show in the last decade, yes.

Best things to happen to Raw in the past decade? WCW feud, the Undisputed Title and Jerichos reign, Benoits World Title win, the whole Steve Austin/Rock populairty, NWO and Hogan's return, etc...

Well, how about this...Styles may not be the best thing to happen to Raw in a decade, but his promo from Raw last night was. The reason is because for that one segment, he was able to make WWE television compelling again for many fans who may have been losing a little interest. I think his promo is one of the best things to happen to Raw, heck even to the WWE for that matter. It starts off the ECW brand and it ingites an interesting program between WWE and ECW. Overall, i'd say that it was clearly a memorable moment for Raw.

Well, if they're bring back ECW, Joey Styles has to be their voice. As for RAW lead announcer, it mind as well be JR. If not him, who? I guess they can move Michael Cole to RAW and have Josh Mathews do SmackDown, but a lot of people may not be for that either.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE