New rumoured changes to next DVD release...

DPrime

My guess is it's mostly wishful thinking on the fans parts.
'delusions of grandeur', if you ask me. ;)

I remember reading a lot of these before the OT set. (what, no Jedi Spirit group shot this time? :P) Honestly, some of these seem stupid to me; adding a tear, changing a word or two in the opening scrolls, changing Chewie's ROTJ war cry (which, of course, was referenced in ROTS), extending shadows? I think a lot of that would have already been done if he had intended to, like the rebel ship crashing into the death star. There are a few I wouldn't mind seeing though, like CGI PT Yoda (hinted at in ROTS bts footage), and Kashyyyyk/Utapau in the ROTJ montage

bringing back the WAMPA scenes?

I dont think so.

bringing back the WAMPA scenes?

I dont think so.

I am in complete doubt for one reason.........

Lucas made E1-3's scenes look "cheesy" as they did in E4-6. (the holograms, computer screens)

Now, why would he backpeddle by trying to make them look "up-to-date"?

It would be nice to see all these changes. but you know the old saying, "if it aint broke, dont fix it".

I for one would love to see some of these things happen

The older movies would need refreshing because after a while they do get stale

I don't agree changing the origional Yoda's facial expressions though

If anything it's the newer movies that need to be changed more.

I dunno. I am liking almost all of those secenes and think they're all perfect changes.

The only thing i would want to see added that has bugged the crap out of me for years is somehow changing or adding a line to Alec Guiness saying'i don't seem to recall ever owning a droid".

although yeah he's a sly buggar to Luke in the beginning... i still don't buy it. Maybe luje could deliver his line and he could just give a "Hmm" kind of look without saying much at all.

I wuld still buy the "Hello there! Come here i won't hurt you!" seeing as how Obi wan was pretty anti R2 D2 in EP 3, he would naturally be a little timid around Obi-Wan. And Obi- wan's reaction to him, i could still buy that he recognized him.

Did I read "mostly wishful thinking"? Do some of you people actually believe people WANT those changes? If 98% of that stuff was done to the original trilogy then A. I wouldn't buy them and B. Its my worst SW nightmare come true. Puppet Yoda raped by CGI, OT Aliens once again so called “improved” with CGI, Yoda with a saber in the OT, Hayden in the OT at all, storm troopers officially made all clones and so on and so forth are all horrible ideas that completely strip and undermine all the work done by the original trilogy crew and destroy out precious memories of these wonderful films. Leave the freaking originals alone, for Christ sake I'm tired of Lucas constantly toying with them incisively (South Park Episode anyone?). He’s ruining some of the greatest movies ever made just because he wants more money! Lucas is the one whom established the phrase, milking the fans! I’m tired of his lust for money!

Did I read "mostly wishful thinking"? Do some of you people actually believe people WANT those changes? If 98% of that stuff was done to the original trilogy then A. I wouldn't buy them and B. Its my worst SW nightmare come true. Puppet Yoda raped by CGI, OT Aliens once again so called “improved” with CGI, Yoda with a saber in the OT, Hayden in the OT at all, storm troopers officially made all clones and so on and so forth are all horrible ideas that completely strip and undermine all the work done by the original trilogy crew and destroy out precious memories of these wonderful films. Leave the freaking originals alone, for Christ sake I'm tired of Lucas constantly toying with them incisively (South Park Episode anyone?). He’s ruining some of the greatest movies ever made just because he wants more money! Lucas is the one whom established the phrase, milking the fans! I’m tired of his lust for money!

I agree, but given the fact that we probably won't see original versions of the OT until he's dead, I wouldn't mind if the special effects in the "special" editions were improved, since it seemed like a half-done job to me. He's already screwed the OT up, but he might as well make a "better" screw-up, if you know what I mean.

I must say that I hate the idea of changing the Stormtroopers' classic voices, though, and I definitely would prefer that the Cantina shooting and Jabba's palace party scene be restored to the original versions, because I HATE watching those parts now.

TPM definitely could use a few changes, more than any of the others, and I'm for seeing more battle scenes in ROTS.

i say they should change back the greedo shooting first, and might as well add a scene where boba fett gets outta the sarlac pit

I completely agree with Mysterio. Lucas has already pissed off many fans by his constant

revisions of the OT, doing any further damage would bring more reproach on Lucas as

well as the OT which was already fine to begin with. Some of these changes sound so far-fetched, such as..............................................

"14. Anakin's spirit is now played by Hayden Christenson with make-up to make him look his age. He looks on proudly at his son Luke with the spirit of Padme by his side."

That right there doesn't sound right and if Lucas does this, then I'm sure Lucas will include

in the next re re-release Mace Windu, Qui-Gon, the whole Jedi council and Greedo at the end

of ROTJ holding hands.

I for one like most of these changes. I don't want the puppet Yoda messed with, and I remember reading in an issue of the Star Wars Insider during an interview when asked if the puppet Yoda in the OT would ever be replaced with CGI, Rick McCallum flatly replied "Never", or something to that effect. And I'm not to sure about CGI Ewoks either, but I guess we'll see. I love the thought of seeing Vader meet up with Palpatine at the end of Episode IV. And I also love the thought of Hayden Christensen replacing Shaw at the end of ROTJ. Han shoots first again? YAY!! And I guess it'd be kinda neat to see ships other than X-Wings attacking the Death Star, but Naboo Fighters? Hmm. I would however like to see some old-looking ARC-170 Fighters being used. Now THAT would be awesome.

For the most part, I'm all for these changes. Sounds awesome. It's like getting a new Star Wars to look forward to all over again.

"14. Anakin's spirit is now played by Hayden Christenson with make-up to make him look his age. He looks on proudly at his son Luke with the spirit of Padme by his side."
As it is, there's a question of how Anakin knew how to become a jedi spirit, how would Padme'?!? Why not have Shmi, Kitster, and the Jedi Council (singing "Smile, Darn Ya, Smile") while you'e at it. @hmmm@ :P

The Orginal Trilogy is starting to look like Micheal Jackson's face.

@loll@ I agree. Lucas is the equivalent to Michael Jackson. Neither one knows

when to quite and leave everything original. Like Jackson's face the OT will be

unrecognizable in a few years.