Crappy pics TF:Classics OP, Megatron!!

Dark Gundam

megs allmost reminds me of the guns from farscape or something :D

Meg slooks neat but op is meh...

need better pics really though :S

What the... this is G1 revisited?! Looks like the same sort of thing they've been doing since RID...

Was just thinking the same thing, I don't want to write them off just now since the pics aren't that good......maybe the paint will make all the difference (maybe).

Agreed. ITs too early too make SOLID opinions on them now. From what I see though, OP looks pretty good, but Megs robot mode looks weird. Perhaps when we see clear pics I can make a better judgement.

To a point I agree, but it's pretty clear from their shape that there isn't a whole lot that's "G1" to them. They may look alright in better pics, but I think it's pretty clear that Megatron isn't going to look even remotely like his G1 counterpart, and Prime doesn't look any more like the original than any other incarnation of the character.

Not saying they're going to suck, necessarily, but it looks like the NeoG1/Classic moniker is a load of crap.

Yeah the pics are crap, but if you ask me, that's the most classic looking (of course with a modern touch) Prime that we've ever seen since g1. (not counting the various direct re-makes of g1 Prime)

This looks more like what Prime should have gradually evolved to from his original g1 body.

The only thing that worries me a bit, is the kibble. Both figures seem to have some, Megs more than Prime, but you can't really tell what or how bad it is.

I like that gun mode for Megs too. It does remind me a bit of the guns in Farscape...very cool! I would imagine that both figures will have the same general color schemes as their g1 counterparts.

Looking closer these look more like some kind of drawings than they do of the actual figures. Either way....

Can't wait to see more!

Oh yeah....Do you think there will be a trailer with Prime?

megs look pretty decent for a gun tf though you gota give em credit for that :) I'm just wondering what god awful colors he will be out in EH? :S

Yeah.....Voyager prime was suppose to come with a trailer.

Prime looks pretty good to me, but Megs......Ugh! If they were just going to make him some kind of fnatasy ray gun looking thing, I think I would have rather had the Tank.

What the... this is G1 revisited?! Looks like the same sort of thing they've been doing since RID...

I'll pass.

No one ever said this line was G1 revisited.

I told you guys MONTHS ago to drop this line of thought because you will only dissapoint yourselves.

Surprise!

Megs is a gun. We've been bitching for years that Meg HAS to be a gun and finally they made him a gun. Now if we #$## about the looks of Megs the gun, well, we're idiots

What if they paint him bright orange with purple dots ? @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

i have to say my initnial reaction is....i like'em. i think prime looks good from the crappy pics i see. megs....we've been asking for him as a gun and they have given us that so kudos to hasbro for listening....weather i'll like'em enough to buy them, well i'll have to wait for quality pics of the final product.

I'll pass.

I told you guys MONTHS ago to drop this line of thought because you will only disappoint yourselves.

Surprise!

That's what the thread said.

So what is this line then? Just another Japanese anime import for the kiddies? :(

Yeah.....Voyager prime was suppose to come with a trailer.

Prime looks pretty good to me, but Megs......Ugh! If they were just going to make him some kind of fnatasy ray gun looking thing, I think I would have rather had the Tank.

Whose to say it isn't? Assuming those are "leaked Hasbro official images", then we ALL know Hasbro is...selective, in some of their images. Like how Cybertron Prime is usually pictured in his base robot form, or in Alt Mirage's case, they likely do multiple shoots.

Personally, I suspect Hasbro will nail us with an even BIGGER pricepoint release of this Prime just so we'd get the trailer @hmmm@

As far as the toys themselves, I need clearer pics. But I'm digging Prime, though not the arm kibble. Prime has ALWAYS had a fairly "sleek" look in his robot modes (even Energon PRime, while chunky, didn't have a lot of excess hangin off, everything was "together"), and the kibble on the arms is just..odd.

Pics are WAY too bad to make any accurate judge of Megatron. From what I can tell, his head looks spot on, but not sure about the rest. IF it does suck, at least we'll have the Titanium one!

I'll pass.

I told you guys MONTHS ago to drop this line of thought because you will only disappoint yourselves.

Surprise!

That's what the thread said.

So what is this line then? Just another Japanese anime import for the kiddies? :(

Which is why they call this "Transformers Classics". They are indeed classic characters, just revised.

Personally, I think this was Hasbro's "pre movie" line.

The movie was announced in 2005 with an intended release date of 2006. And Hasbro started doing some "revisioning" of characters for the toyline.

Only, the movie won't happen till 2007.

Assuming all design work is done right NOW, Hasbro has right about ONE YEAR to get movie toys into development and onto shelves, meaning the absolute minimum of release dates is May of 2007. But what about the first half of the year?

Extending Cybertron is an option, but fans would hate it and you can only repaint the same toys so often before the retailers notice.

So, why not go ahead and make a filler line, use the early concept work done and make a line fans would dig and help get hype going for the film?

That's what I think TFC was: original movie concepts revised with new products to make a G1 themed line for fans to build hype for the coming feature film. I fully expect EVERY TFC release to have some note of the film's July 4th release date

*stevy beat me to the punch*

You are taking my statement too far. What I mean is that this line was not trumpeted as a revisted G1. People heard about the protos from botcon and just assumed "omg gee wun is bak!" which is clearly not the case.

The title is "classics", not G1 Classics. These toys are just based on their G1 counterparts. You might say that all the other TF toy lines are like this, but this line takes it to another degree. Enjoy them for what they are. If you want more G1 stuff, hopefully the Masterpeice line will continue after Starscream and the inevitable seeker repaint( s ).

That's what I think TFC was: original movie concepts revised with new products to make a G1 themed line for fans to build hype for the coming feature film. I fully expect EVERY TFC release to have some note of the film's July 4th release date

That's pretty much what Hasbro insinuated at Botcon. @smilepunch@

Except I would not expect every character released in this line to be in the movie. Things could have changed, but we were told awhile back that Grimlock was not in the movie, but he is in the Classics line.

( Saying TFC is too easily confused with Cybertron. ^_^ )

My thought is who cares as long as its a new mold. People want G1, but the fact is, we've had homage figures,masterpieces, and reissues.

Personally I would like the Classic line to be the original toys from 84-85 with a better look and a better transformation (like the proto Astrotrain).

*stevy beat me to the punch*

You are taking my statement too far. What I mean is that this line was not trumpeted as a revisted G1. People heard about the protos from botcon and just assumed "omg gee wun is bak!" which is clearly not the case.

The title is "classics", not G1 Classics. These toys are just based on their G1 counterparts. You might say that all the other TF toy lines are like this, but this line takes it to another degree. Enjoy them for what they are. If you want more G1 stuff, hopefully the Masterpeice line will continue after Starscream and the inevitable seeker repaint( s ).

G1 is the classic line, though. I don't know where the "classic" title came from, but if it's the official name for the lineup it's misleading. What were people supposed to think? If it just started up with rumours, oh well...

So far, I don't see how this line takes it to another degree, especially with that Megatron, but whatever... I'm not against another "non-G1" line, I'm just for a real G1 "revisited" line as well.