Why does Ebay have a pre-1980 3 3/4" section???

DPrime

I noticed this also a while back. I just chocked it up to the fact that they arent experts on joe as well as a lot of things and what stevy maximus posted.

cuz ebay is stupid about such things as joes..

I think they are just plain stupid when it comes to the Action Figure section period, why is there not a Marvel or DC section for figures, but there is a section for Where the Wild Things Are... #WTF#

the problem is that there are so many different categories on eBay that it would be extremely difficult to create subcategories that accurately relfect natural divisions in types of items.

For example -- GI Joes -- only the fans really even know that there was the 12-inch line, then the 3.75" line, now the 6-inch line, and starting up a 2-inch line. Some fans may only concentrate on any one part of the line to the extent that they don't have any clue what's in the other groups. What I mean is that I'm a hard-core 3.75" collector -- I don't own a single 12-inch, 6-inch, or 2-inch Joe. I can't tell you what Sigma 6 figures are out or even an approximate guess as to when the 12 inch figures were made originally -- the '60's?

I've thought for a while that eBay would be best suited by having a category structure that could be edited by the people that use it, like a wiki. That way when you go to list an item and there isn't already an appropriate category, you could just create it. The incentive to not create to many categories is that if a category only has like 5 auctions, you're probably not going to look at that one, you'll look at the category that has 500.

Anyway, if you think the Joe categories are bad, you should see how they have the comicbook section broken up -- that's awful!

The categories make no sense, so I'm not surprised. They seem to make categories based on popularity of searches - I mean, they have a 'Hawkgirl' category! Some of them are dated and useless as well, and should probably be retired back into general listings. How much demand is there for Babylon 5 toys nowadays? I think any category that regularly has under a hundred listings is an obvious candidate for retirement.

Xena? Where the Wild Things Are?

I don't see the section described as "pre-1980 3 3/4"

@hmmm@

When I go to eBay....it just lists 3 3/4" or 12" and has them both broke down into figures or accessories categories.

ebay2bi.png

@hmmm@

When I go to eBay....it just lists 3 3/4" or 12" and has them both broke down into figures or accessories categories.

ebay2bi.png

Click on '3 3/4' section. Then to the left of the screen, you will see the breakdown. It currently has about 20 entries for pre-1980. @hmmm@

@hmmm@

ebay2bi.png

Click on '3 3/4' section. Then to the left of the screen, you will see the breakdown. It currently has about 20 entries for pre-1980. @hmmm@

A-HA! Got it now!

I've always just clicked instantly on the picture gallery link, and never noticed that before.

Seems like a waste of category, and doesn't even relate to anything "pre-1980" as to me....that would signify the 12" line?