I know this is probably nothing new to some of you...

Elias

I don't see Prowl though... but Soundwave a little...

Too bad the Autobot symbol doesn't look like Primus, or at least Optimus Prime, and the Decepticon face doesn't look like Unicron, or at least Megatron.

Hell I noticed that about Soundwave when the G1 era still existed

So did I. Prowl's face is slgihtly different but Soundwave's face is as close as they could get, and when considering the toys came before the TF as a series, there's a chance they were used to model the faction symbols.

Trust me that is Prowl's face, the toy's anyway. And yes I realized this ages ago. I always wanted to bring it up, but forgot. Top of the head is a bit different, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Autobot symbol wasn't burrowed from Prowl's face sculpt.

Actually, if you look at both symbols, the Autobot symbol is built around an "H", and the 'Con symbol around a "V", so I always thought "hero" and "villain".

Huh. Well, I'll be a son of a gun. I see it.

On a further note, did you ever notice that it seems like the Autobot symbol looks like it's frowning or upset, and the Decepticon symbol looks like its smiling. The Decepticons are having fun being bad, and the Autobots are upset they're having to fight the Decepticons.