Scalper bought EVERY figure in the store

Chromeboy

I will call him a scalper, not for buying so many cases (since have no proof he bought em from a walmart) but for the price. $25 each for a standard release figure that will be readily available soon...thats about triple retain price.

Thats the logic I'm going by. If he wasnt a scalper, he'd have started the set off around $35-ish.

That makes a little more sense to me. Asking $25 for a $10 figure is a little outrageous. That would qualify more for scalper material than just assuming he bought them at Walmart.

Even if he did buy them at Walmart, I don't think these will be too hard to come buy. It is going to be much harder in Canada where they will not be at CDN Walmarts.

Spencer.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but unlike the rest of the world you two live in toy heaven :P so don't you give me $* about how I don't go out hunting enough :P:D & while that works for you good enough since you live in a nice big area with lots of stores to check clearly it does not work well for everyone else, hence all the complainers :P

Don't forget I live in "Toy Heaven." I, afterall, live in the Bay Area like JJ. I think you guys are exaggerating since it is still hard finding figures around here. The Walmart store at San Leonadro have this one stockboy who hates ppl opening the cases, yet brings them from the back for his scalper friend, so he can get first bids; my brother seen this happen. That is why it is freaking hard to find ML figures at this walmart.

The other employees don't care if you take out a figure out of the case. Just this person

Even though there are lots of stores around here, there are lots of scalpers.

Hey agesthreeandup (I'm assuming you work for the website of the same name) do you have any idea when you guys are getting the Wal-mart wave? I pre-ordered one off you guys a few weeks ago and the wait is killing me! I need these things yesterday! haha

well, we know he got them at Walmart because no other retailers have received these yet. And, he is in TN, one of about 3 states that these have hit in.

If I saw somebody trying to pull that crap, I would take what I wanted in the store from his cart... and if he had a problem, I would beat his ass in the parking lot.

'cause, yes.... sometimes violence is the answer

that's what i'm talking about, f#$* a scalper

yes but unlike the rest of the world you two live in toy heaven :P so don't you give me $* about how I don't go out hunting enough :P:D & while that works for you good enough since you live in a nice big area with lots of stores to check clearly it does not work well for everyone else, hence all the complainers :P

man i feel you, but i just don't have the money nor the want of all the extra figures that come with ordering a case, f#$* it i'll just get raped on ebay if i can't find what i want

What on earth are you going to do with 4 Thors???

i dont care that he has sooo many figures. i'm sure he probably pre ordered those cases from his local walmart...you can do that you know. the thing that is wack is why the heck is he selling 4 in one sale??? he should just sell them seperate

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARVEL-LEGENDS-THOR-GI...1QQcmdZViewItem

What a complete jerk. If this is the kind of crap I have to look forward to in trying to find this series I am gonna get super pissed.

There are a lot of people like that, and they're around ebcause people keep buying from them. If you want them to go away, don't buy fromt hem and try to get tohers tor efuse to buy fromt hem too.

............but there's always gonna be those people so hard-up for something that they don't care where they get something from as long as they get it.

lol Why edit only some of the curse words.

@loll@ i guess he went over his profaninty limit for the day

I think you guys can relax. I just hit the jackpot this morning, finding a display with only a few figures missing. I just have this feeling like there will be PLEANTY of these figures around. The 2 pack variants are just as easy to find as the regulars, and there were tons of boxsets there. I bet WM will be swimming in AOA Sabretooth and CPT. BRIT figures before this is all over.

Do not buy from scalpers. Be patient, these will be pleantiful. At the store I saw probably 8 THOR figures to my suprise. Clearly enough to show a scalper that they aren't going to be worth anything in the states.

I think you guys can relax. I just hit the jackpot this morning, finding a display with only a few figures missing. I just have this feeling like there will be PLEANTY of these figures around. The 2 pack variants are just as easy to find as the regulars, and there were tons of boxsets there. I bet WM will be swimming in AOA Sabretooth and CPT. BRIT figures before this is all over.

Do not buy from scalpers. Be patient, these will be pleantiful. At the store I saw probably 8 THOR figures to my suprise. Clearly enough to show a scalper that they aren't going to be worth anything in the states.

True, but remember, scalpers know that only the U.S. walmarts will have em in stock, so they can ship em out of the country for more $$$.

that is why I ordered the Giant Man series from Outer Reaches, because I didn't want to deal with scalpers raiding the closer Wal-Mart before I get there. (though I hope my order comes in before summer is up. Should I buy the wave from WM too, or just wait until my order comes in. Becuase I don't know how reliable Outer Reaches are) Please give advice guys.

that is why I ordered the Giant Man series from Outer Reaches, because I didn't want to deal with scalpers raiding the closer Wal-Mart before I get there. (though I hope my order comes in before summer is up. Should I buy the wave from WM too, or just wait until my order comes in. Becuase I don't know how reliable Outer Reaches are) Please give advice guys.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother w/ ordering it. I don't think they're going to be all that difficult to find in the U.S. People are freaking out over them now but only because they have not been mass-released. Once the idiot scalpers realize that everything is evenly packed and the only ones they can scalp are people outside the US (many sellers don't even like to ship outside the US to begin with) there will be plenty for everybody. Plus, you will be paying more and waiting longer w/ a pre-order. Half the fun of toy collecting IMO is the hunt.