Official ML Wal-Mart Wave Topic

archangel_7

LOl.

Sorry, not a noob. I have been here for a while. I only registered recently to post.

I don't know him personally, but when someone buys that quantity it is usually not to be noble.

If i am wrong then fine i am wrong. The attitude that "noobs" are annoying is laugaable. I am every bit as welcome here as some one that posts every day without a life. ;)

as for me.

I hit 10 stores today, 75 miles, $20 gas.

Nada, zip, zero.

One store i even called and had them confirm the figures i was asking about, i asked specific figure names. They are like "sure they are all in stock" I told them i was 25 miles away to be sure it was checked and not a bull story. Get there.......nothing. Get toy employee. "Here they are Marvel Legends showdown"........................Get manager and ask why i was lied to and no one actually checked the names i told them and why they confirmed they had those named figures without checking before i drove for no reason.

Answer: "Our time is too valuable to check names of figures for people that may not come in."

Great service. I made it very clear i was far away.

lol thats wallyworld @smilepunch@

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What up! I've never dealt or met with JJ, but from what I hear, he looks after everyone in regards to helping out. Yes he bought a ton of the ML WV exclusives, but that doesn't mean he ruined it for everyone. This is just the first stock, they just got released! Don't hate just because you didn't get there first! Do you see him slanging his haul on eBay?! If he's helping his people and even his comic book store, more power to him for that generosity.

I go to SD Comic-Con EVERY year for the last five years and you don't hear me going apesh** when I see vendors getting Comic-Con exclusives BY THE CASELOAD!!!

Don't go judging anyone because he copped a haul in your area. You missed out by going at the wrong time. If you did your homework like JJ and knew when they put out the pallets, then you would have been there at the same time as JJ and his buddies.

JJ didn't ruin it for everyone in that area. If you can't cop it there, wait until they restock or go online and order. Dude, it's not the end of the world. Your WM will restock, it's just the matter if you are there when they have them in. Talk to the WM toy department or manager or someone on the inside, how the hell do you think JJ knew the right time to go?

No disrespect to anyone at all, but point is, JJ was there and you weren't. Do you really think they would still be there if JJ didn't get them? They are flying out like Xbox 360s!!! Someone else would have gotten them.

#US1#

JOhnny Bizarro

Anybody who's been on here for more than a day knows JJ hooks up a lot of people. If he's got the money to spend and the figs are available, tough $hit for everybody else. I bought almost $200 worth when i found them and I should have cleaned the place out because I have friends around here who are mad I was not able to hook them up.

My only question is why he was pressed to post pics by Synch and others?? He has all the same crap (maybe just more) that anybody else who had it days ago bought and already posted pics of. What exactly was the point?

LOl.

Sorry, not a noob. I have been here for a while. I only registered recently to post.

I don't know him personally, but when someone buys that quantity it is usually not to be noble.

If i am wrong then fine i am wrong. The attitude that "noobs" are annoying is laugaable. I am every bit as welcome here as some one that posts every day without a life. ;)

as for me.

I hit 10 stores today, 75 miles, $20 gas.

Nada, zip, zero.

lol thats wallyworld @smilepunch@

I also have been driving from Walmart to Walmart...last night i hit 6 walmarts 30 miles away from my crib north, & today I hit 3 walmarts 30 miles south of Dallas... but I'm not mad at JJ cause I know if I would have asked him for a set, he would greatly have given em to me....

But I like the feeling when I find something I been looking for a while...

& yes...walmart employees do lie to people just to hang up on them...believe me..it's been happening.. @hmmm@

im used to it from some of these guys, its funny some ask for help then im willing to help those who ask and then get b***hed at by others

its a lose lose situation for me

Dayum dude!!! You really cleaned house!!! I could care less either way but you do kinda invite this on yourself...I remember last year when people for screaming for your blood when you snatched those Target clones. You do you and I'm sure that quite a few people here love that you bless them with your goods. My question is wouldn't it be more prudent to PM your peeps or at least "censor" your haul (y'know instead of "I spent 937 lower it to 200 or so)? I am glad I don't live where you do but can you really fault when people call you out?? It's almost like you're bragging and well some people don't handle that well. Just sayin I woulda figured you learned your lesson about coming out like this a few brags ago......

He is not braging, he´s sharing his haul. Some of those figures are mine, and some for other TNIers and friends. If he has the money to buy the whole store,then BUY THE WHOLE FREAKING STORE!, what´s the problem with that ? I would have done the same over and over again.

I still don´t understand why he should CENCSOR his haul ? that´s just stupid. LET the moderators censor his posts. And for those who don´t handle """"""""BRAGGING""""""""" very well, go cry yourself to sleep.

JOhnny Bizarro @loll@

Sigh....no, it's stupid to put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 @loll@ !! "Sharing" with whom?? To people not in the circle it probably seems like a thin line between sharing and bragging. Of course you wouldn't understand why MAYBE some tack should be excercised...he's doing your work for you...I respect that. HOWEVER this is not the first time threads have swerved into the "jj is a saint/bastard arena" all because "he's sharing his haul". That's great he is able to hook so many up...it really is. But would there be any harm in again hitting up the folks you wanna hook up on the low?? I don't think so. Look JJ you can (and will) do what you wanna do...again I don't care. But sadly there will be people who will cry foul when you show out like that, right wrong or whatever. But you gotta realize somewhere that these barbs only start when you lay out all your goods on the table. Having seen this happen I wonder why there hasn't been a change in tactics or even the germaine of thought that sometimes keeping your mouth closed (er camera off) is not always a bad thing...especially when you know it can cause heartburn. Just playing devils advocate cuz really do you think the same folks who defend you now still would if they weren't getting hooked up (or God forbid you stop hooking them up)??? Sadly now a thread about Walmart ML will now be hijacked by "JJ: Saint or Sinner??" argued by the disciples of the JJ hook ups themselves (pretty obvious how the sermon will turn out huh???) @smilepunch@

It all really comes down to this: "First come, First serve."

It doesn't matter what one defines the person as...the figures will go somewhere and the person has a right to do it, whether one likes it or not.

People have been saying these will be restocked & easier to get. I say not really. Where i live i have very rarely seen any marvel legends at walmart. 9 times out of ten (more like 99%) i see none at all. Walmart's history with exclusive toys is very poor as well. Ever see the gi joe exclusives a year or so a go with urban camo cobras? I never did. Star wars exclusives? i only saw earlybird kit 1 time. Sadly most walmarts get very little or even none of their own exclusives. And scalpers are getting them before they hit the floor. Its frustrating trying to find something you have little chance to even see once. I live in a major metro area in SW. Scalpers galore. I have a 10% or less chance of finding anything.

I went to 2 Walmarts today. First one was in Vallejo, CA. Nada. Nothing.Zilch.

Went to the Walmart in Suisun-Fairfield I found Ant-Man, THor and Sabretooth. ANd i found all three Marvel vs packs and the Marvel Masterworks packs.

I picked up one Ant Man and one Thor. May go back and get the Cap two pack and the Daredevil two pack.

Oh yeah i also found the Young Avengers pack and the monsters pack.

I hope to finish my Giant Man sometime soon..

Instead of complaining about someones' success...why not just ask him to get them next time for you? That way:

1. Dont waste Gasonline

2. Dont have to get up early or stay up late.

3. Dont' have to put up with Scalpers/Walmart employees.

4. Not be able to sleep knowing there is a toyhunter BETTER than you!

;)

Kndy just called and they hit Hanford, central Cali!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kndy just called and they hit Hanford, central Cali!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!! Go get em! @loll@

Instead of complaining about someones' success...why not just ask him to get them next time for you? That way:

1. Dont waste Gasonline

2. Dont have to get up early or stay up late.

3. Dont' have to put up with Scalpers/Walmart employees.

4. Not be able to sleep knowing there is a toyhunter BETTER than you!

;)

Riiiiiiiiiiight

like thats going to happen.

And who is the noble person that will get toys for a "noob"

Funny i dont think that will happen

Kndy also states all variants and HAVOK were long GONE when he got there, while others are still there....he's trying to figure out when the PDG went up. All the Young Avengers sets are MESSED UP w/ very bad paint job!!! 12 YA boxets and 12 Monsters. He means there are yellowing on Hulking, paint splatters on the others.

Kndy also states all variants and HAVOK were long GONE when he got there, while others are still there....he's trying to figure out when the PDG went up. All the Young Avengers sets are MESSED UP w/ very bad paint job!!! 12 YA boxets and 12 Monsters. He means there are yellowing on Hulking, paint splatters on the others.

Poo. I really want the Young Avengers set. Man, I actually wish the Walmart wave had come out later, 'cause I won't have the chance to go looking until June when school's done. Walmart better keep restocking these.

im used to it from some of these guys, its funny some ask for help then im willing to help those who ask and then get b***hed at by others

its a lose lose situation for me

Dayum dude!!! You really cleaned house!!! I could care less either way but you do kinda invite this on yourself...I remember last year when people for screaming for your blood when you snatched those Target clones. You do you and I'm sure that quite a few people here love that you bless them with your goods. My question is wouldn't it be more prudent to PM your peeps or at least "censor" your haul (y'know instead of "I spent 937 lower it to 200 or so)? I am glad I don't live where you do but can you really fault when people call you out?? It's almost like you're bragging and well some people don't handle that well. Just sayin I woulda figured you learned your lesson about coming out like this a few brags ago......

jeeze some of you guys need to learn how to read.

im not bragging, if you read posts before the pics, synch asked me to post pics, and i even said why someone is just going to complain, and synch says to just post the pics, so i did

and you know what if anybody asked me to keep an eye for them i would. Look at the pics i posted from sdcc last year. 3/4 of that stuff is for people here. look at the feedback link in my sig, and the amount of people on there. Ive been fair with everybody here.

Hi guys,

Just got back. A little ticked because I didn't get first pick but for a Saturday, I guess I can't complain. Like most places...all variants gone and unusual... all Havoks were gone. I wasn't aware that Wal-Mart had put these out this afternoon (after calling in the morning and them telling me they are not in). I guess they were put out this afternoon (and possibly got a shipment in this afternoon).

It appears that the main three figures that there are many of are Thor, Antman, Captain Britain and Sabretooth.

No one bought the 2-packs, the box sets or masterworks.

Had a few double of figures that some of you have been looking for but my friend came in to buy his set and gave him the the second figures I had for Kitty Pryde, Warbird and Sentry.

For the PDQ...individual packs there were about a total of 48. Figuring out what I got, what my friend got and what was left behind...a person bought himself a set, possibly bought all variants (not sure how many were in the PDQ) and all the Havoks. So, if anyone can help me out by selling me a Havok or a variant for this series, please let me know.

Since no one was looking at them but me for the past hour, it gave me time to look for the better paint aps. [Please note for those not familiar of how critical I get with paints on a figure, I'm very critical. And will take my time to look for the best figure, if given the time.]

The Young Avengers....oh my...of the 12 boxes, 2 or 3 of them had good paint. All of them especially patriot had markings on his shirt and pants area, Hulkling had some yellow paint splatters. But here's the messed up thing. The good paints were on the bottom and do to the heaviness or being the bottom of the PDQ, the boxes are smashed up on the corners. Fortunately, I found one that was on the bottom but the last one in the back of the PDQ that wasn't jacked.

As for the Monsters...I know some people enjoyed the comics and I have a few but I swear that they could of released a Alpha Flight or another team instead of Monsters. At $28+ , unlike any other Toy Biz box set, I don't see many of these selling.

Now the 2-packs, I took my time to look over these because the paints on the Captain America on the cuffs where the blue meets the white on the arm...some were just all bad. Found one for both Red Skull and Baron sets that were good. The Leader...big head version had markings on his head...black markings. King Pin...with the white jacket, had to look for a good one for that with no black scratches or markings and found one.

Anyway, not going to post pictures on this because many have already but will have them on my toy collection photo site within the next hour or two.

And btw...for those budget conscious and wondering how much for a full set, getting the 6 2-packs and one box set. Expect to pay anywhere around $190-210 or so.

kndy

kdny are they really as bad as they say you are, because like you said you are uber picky :S I hope not cause i ordered a set through previews lol!

kdny are they really as bad as they say you are, because like you said you are uber picky :S I hope not cause i ordered a set through previews lol!

Hi Synch,

If you are an opener, no worry because you can scratch the paint off. The set I bought, I will be opening but a few I keep MOC (mainly X-Men, FF or Avengers I keep MOC) but I'm very critical on paint and if the color where a dark color, meets a light color in the clothing is not straight and jaggedy, to me that's a "no buy". So, if you are picky...the two packs...take your time to observe the Captain America's, Kingpin's jacket and for Leader...markings on the head area.

For the single pack, they have been very good on the paints. The only one that I were critical of was Captain Britain, a few had light blue paint dots and Wolverine AoA...just the wrist gauntlet area had black dobs of paint (which I saw on one) similar to what I had with an X-23 for an ML12. All in all, the single packs have been very good on paints. The duo-packs and the Young Avengers, if you are picky, I recommend taking your time and looking at each figure for the best paints and less evident markings.

Well, for figures with white...any marks on a white jacket or pant area is a "no buy" for me. For Young Avengers, there were scratches of blue and on his blue jacket, scratches of white. I looked at the 12 that were there on the PDQ and many of the Patriot's had scratches and Hulkling, a few had yellow scratches on his hair.

kndy

I had not heard of the bad paint jobs. Thats a bummer.

Has anyone had a problem with any figures joints?

Hi Zaku,

I'm very picky on paints but I think when people buy these...they buy them at times where you don't have the luxury to take your time and be selective. I know how it is...when there is a big demand, you grab what you can and leave. The only time I'm not picky is when I have no choice because many are made that way [ie. GI Joe RAH].

kndy

Hi guys,

Just got back. A little ticked because I didn't get first pick but for a Saturday, I guess I can't complain. Like most places...all variants gone and unusual... all Havoks were gone. I wasn't aware that Wal-Mart had put these out this afternoon (after calling in the morning and them telling me they are not in). I guess they were put out this afternoon (and possibly got a shipment in this afternoon).

I was told by my friend who works in the Toy deparment overnight at my local walmart that, they probably have them in but she also said because it has a special display, she isn't aloud to touch it. She said it will sit there until the manager puts it out, this being the problem cause the toy manager ofcourse only works days. So this is probably why they were put out in the afternoon, unless you were simply lied to when you called.