Official ML Wal-Mart Wave Topic

archangel_7

Southern Illinois, Marion to be exact, got them in today. No Sentry variants, no island display. Only one Weapon X variant. And a very crippled checkbook.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what we got on Birmingham, none of these are going to be hard to get. Ran into some end caps rather than the "pallet" and there were tons of Giant-Man wave. I'd say a dozen bearded Sentries...not only were about 5 trays full, the pegs were literally "overflowering" and they had to stack at least 2 cases on the top shelf. Bottom line dont worry about getting these...this means you Draven! : @bounce@

I'd say a dozen bearded Sentries...

Of course there were. Did the magical unicorn guide you and the leprechaun over to those? @hmmm@

Geez, WTF..why would I make this up?....each tray had one regular and one bearded Sentry, I'd say there were the equivalent of about 10-12 end cap trays. Okay maybe a dozen was a bit high, but I counted at least 10....

Of course there were. Did the magical unicorn guide you and the leprechaun over to those? @hmmm@

Geez, WTF..why would I make this up?....each tray had one regular and one bearded Sentry, I'd say there were the equivalent of about 10-12 end cap trays. Okay maybe a dozen was a bit high, but I counted at least 10....

I don't know why you would make it up. But it sounds like BS to me. 12??? That's about all there is on Ebay for sale right now. They have only been about 40 completed auctions for one in the couple weeks these have been out. All the scalpers across the country looking for these things and that's it. I have seen maybe one person on here (I think) that has landed one and you somehow found a dozen of them in one spot. Next time take a pic...

I don't know why you would make it up. But it sounds like BS to me. 12??? There's about all there is on Ebay for sale right now. They have only been about 40 completed auctions for one in the couple weeks these have been out. All the scalpers across the country looking for these things and that's it. I have seen maybe one person on here (I think) that has landed one and you somehow found a dozen of them in one spot. Next time take a pic...

I agree, I landed an untouched pallet the other day with no Varient Sentry, or maybe it's cuz Cali does not have them, mmmmmmm????? #US1#

I don't know why you would make it up. But it sounds like BS to me. 12??? There's about all there is on Ebay for sale right now. They have only been about 40 completed auctions for one in the couple weeks these have been out. All the scalpers across the country looking for these things and that's it. I have seen maybe one person on here (I think) that has landed one and you somehow found a dozen of them in one spot. Next time take a pic...

OK man, I'll be sure to keep a digital camera on me at all times! Like you said take my info FWIW....I know what I saw, and just wanted to make the point that there is no reason to freak out about possibly not getting these things....all of these will be peg warmers in due time.

Walmart obviously pushed for this exclusive wave. You know ML sells great. You know they wanted to block out the other retailers and force customers to go to WM for their goods. This means that WM is going to be getting a lot of these over the next few months. You know there are always some glitches with the first couple of shipments. Some character was not produced as much or was done last or whatever. In this case it was beared Sentry and maybe Havoc. However there is no way that we aren't going to be seeing these guys warming the pegs in a couple of months. Walmart is going to be getting refreshers for awhile. Having a whole exlcusive wave is a relatively big deal for them and they are going to milk it. I'm sure we will all find what we want without having to go to E-Bay.

YUPS

Checked my Walmat im Florence.... Still NOTHING! Not surprised really. I have the same Dr Strange Syndrome here. My Wal-mart has been remodeling lately, and things have been in total dissaray lately, but I hope in the next couple of weeks they will show everywhere. Didnt someone say the OFFICAL release date was like the 15th of this month or something? Anywas, glad some people in Bama are getting lucky!

FAKEOR

Walmart obviously pushed for this exclusive wave. You know ML sells great. You know they wanted to block out the other retailers and force customers to go to WM for their goods. This means that WM is going to be getting a lot of these over the next few months. You know there are always some glitches with the first couple of shipments. Some character was not produced as much or was done last or whatever. In this case it was beared Sentry and maybe Havoc. However there is no way that we aren't going to be seeing these guys warming the pegs in a couple of months. Walmart is going to be getting refreshers for awhile. Having a whole exlcusive wave is a relatively big deal for them and they are going to milk it. I'm sure we will all find what we want without having to go to E-Bay.

I disagree. Walmart has a history of not restiocking exclusives well. Most cases are one wave then nothing. I think this month (next 2 weeks) are it then nada.

Its totally not fair to compare this wave with any other exclusive wave. Everyone brings up the Stealth Iron man wave but thats apple and oranges, imo. ML has built up a much larger following since that time.

Not to mention the costs of simply produceing the molds for these figures. I know some of the bodies were re-dos but this is a line essentialy developed for one retailer. A line thats FLYING off the shelves in record time.

WalMart may seem stupid at times but they could find a dime in a glacier. I truly believe we'll be swimming in these by June because they know that eventually they will sell their stock.

My Wal-Mart has already re-stocked twice.

I found literally everything on my third WM last Sunday, except the variants. I counted four Warbirds, Havoks, and Kitty Prydes. Everyone else had five or more of each. On the ninth WM, where the infamous cube was already torn, there was one lone Havok, a Sabretooth, and a few Thors and Antmen.

Been reading all the sightings all over. It looks like all the WMs in San Diego have had them. I think it's pathetic that a variant is required to complete the BAF. We all know scalpers will cop them and slang them for crazy $$$$.

Anyhow, I'm surprised not everyone been able to find them yet. Every WM in the country should have these up or had them. Hope it turns up for everyone. It's a great series and both WM and Toybiz knew it from the beginning. Now they have to meet the demand.

Well have yet to have any luck in my area. Probably behind I bet. Still just now getting into collecting these so my big debate is, do I want to finish the set. ( I know Onslaught wave, not really worth it when the BaC is the same size as a figure in the wave when finished)

bboyrealm as we can see the chases are peg warmers allready really aside from the sentry, and the only reason hes not is because everyone wants him all of a sudden because he is Rare!

Once he comes out in full force he will warm the pegs as well just like the wolverine chase :P

Synch, I hope you're right. I hope they are just as easy as the green hulk, smiling bullseye, x-factor Cyclops, and blue angel! I just want to complete my set before Comic-Con, because we all know no WM is safe around that time when San Diego because the hunted with a hord of collectors from all over the world for four and a half days!! Looking forward to meeting a few TNIers!!!

Synch, I hope you're right. I hope they are just as easy as the green hulk, smiling bullseye, x-factor Cyclops, and blue angel! I just want to complete my set before Comic-Con, because we all know no WM is safe around that time when San Diego because the hunted with a hord of collectors from all over the world for four and a half days!! Looking forward to meeting a few TNIers!!!

I'm sure you will :) & yikes haha I never even thought of that!! stores around there must love the con :D

@loll@

I don't think many people understand that this wave is rarer than gereral release waves, lower quantity. Walmart's history with exclusives, i mean toy exclusives in general not marvel legends variants & chase figures, is very poor. Previous action figure exclusives including GI Joe & Starwars were spotty at best and rarely got retsocked. I believe the next 2 weeks are it. I heard a manager explain to a customer today that the island display was to be scrapped in the next 2 weeks due to no product. All it had on it was box sets and masterworks. He said there would be maybe 1 restock in a week and thats it. Walmart is not known for keeping exclusives in stock. The urban camo cobra & desert joes from a year or 2 ago are a good example. They want quick sell through thats all.

As far as someone finding 12 sentry variants, thats very probable. He seems not to be in island but there is 1 in every "sidekick" counter top display. That has 1 of everyone including sentry variant & 2 variant weapon X. I have a case of those. Some walmarts didnt get any. some got multiple islands & cases. This is going to be over soon and we wll see thor warming pegs in some places.

Its sad but true.

I don't think many people understand that this wave is rarer than gereral release waves, lower quantity. Walmart's history with exclusives, i mean toy exclusives in general not marvel legends variants & chase figures, is very poor. Previous action figure exclusives including GI Joe & Starwars were spotty at best and rarely got retsocked. I believe the next 2 weeks are it. I heard a manager explain to a customer today that the island display was to be scrapped in the next 2 weeks due to no product. All it had on it was box sets and masterworks. He said there would be maybe 1 restock in a week and thats it. Walmart is not known for keeping exclusives in stock. The urban camo cobra & desert joes from a year or 2 ago are a good example. They want quick sell through thats all.

As far as someone finding 12 sentry variants, thats very probable. He seems not to be in island but there is 1 in every "sidekick" counter top display. That has 1 of everyone including sentry variant & 2 variant weapon X. I have a case of those. Some walmarts didnt get any. some got multiple islands & cases. This is going to be over soon and we wll see thor warming pegs in some places.

Its sad but true.

Damn, that's really lousy.

Im in CO and they hit here(and boy is my credit card feeling this one...ouch)

I hit a walmart today in Denver and they had the cube. I must have walked in right after they unloaded it as it was still full. I grabbed all of the figs and an AoA wolvie. No bearded sentry but no loss for me. Weird thing was the cube had 5 chase wolvies and 5 regulars, took me a minute to make sure I was getting all the giant man parts. Also grabbed both captain america packs but skipped the other two packs as well as the box sets, have to get those later. 120 bones for toys is a bit much. Im just pissed I had to by a stupid chase wolvie to get the arm. I hate chase figs, such a waste, I only wanted the damn arm. Not only a waste of 8 bucks for another wolverine but an AOA wolvie, probally my least favorite marvel story in 20 years. Oh well, at least I have a giant man to step on them...lol.