Official ML Wal-Mart Wave Topic

archangel_7

Nothing new here yet, hey anything know anything about the " proto type figures" that hit early in that wallmart when they were not suppose too?..

I'd like to know what the difference is between them and the new ones, and how you can tell the prototype ones apart from the regular?.. Thanks!! If anyone would have alink handy to that or something would be great

Check this out. Some genius pay $276 LAST WEEK for the Warbird proto. Now, when those things came out I was laughing at what people were paying for them but at least that was months before the real ones were to be released. So why the hell pay that much now when there are 50 of the real thing on Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Legends-Giant-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't post much on this board. I mostly post on Scum. Anyway, I just wanted to let some of the New Yorkers know they hit WestburyWalmart on Long Island today. There was no variant Sentry in the shipper.

Does this mean they're in the entire NYC area?

And do figures usually arrive on tuesdays?

I checked a couple of WalMarts in Jersey last night and they had nothing...

I'm new here btw - I'm a regular at Newsarama.

does anyone have an extra set? i'm in CA, no luck finding those at my nearest

walmart which is 50 miles from where i'm at :(

i'll throw in some extra for your troubles. tnx

I will see what I can do. Who do you need?

Man, I'm having the worst luck ever, 10 of my nearest waal-marts sold out of the 2-packs, and giant man series.

Nothing new here yet, hey anything know anything about the " proto type figures" that hit early in that wallmart when they were not suppose too?..

I'd like to know what the difference is between them and the new ones, and how you can tell the prototype ones apart from the regular?.. Thanks!! If anyone would have alink handy to that or something would be great

Check this out. Some genius pay $276 LAST WEEK for the Warbird proto. Now, when those things came out I was laughing at what people were paying for them but at least that was months before the real ones were to be released. So why the hell pay that much now when there are 50 of the real thing on Ebay?

That does not really answer any of my questions though @loll@

I recall reading that someone who purchased the proto Thor said that the plastic is rubberly and terrible compared to the other ml figures

That's true, I guess it doesn't. It was at least related...and more interesting to me than answering your questions @loll@ @firedevil@

As far as the protos, if I recall they all had incorrect comics so they would be easy to spot. I think other than that they looked the same as the mass-releases we are seeing now (well, not you because you are in @can@ @loll@ ). It will be tough to find links now because they were all from eBay auctions back then...

I am so sick of going to this lousy Wal-Mart by me. Every time I go, it's the same old nothing. Two "First Appearance" Things and an Iron Fist, plus a bunch of FF movie figures. I don't think I'd be as bummed if at the very least some Hobgoblins and Hydros showed up, or even some of the X-Men Wave 2 figures, but this is really starting to irk me.

Scored all three variant 2 packs today. The black suit Kingpin blows, but the unmasked Daredevil rocks! This figure saves the 2 pack.

Weird thing around my area, a couple of Walmarts have gotten the Giant man wave, but all the figures I can find are Thors, Ant Men and Sabretooths, and just today I found a Sentry, but I'm still missing the rest.

And does anyone elses Thor suck? The one I bought has an extremely loose waist.

Giantman wave has hit Phoenix, Az! I went with the kids to buy some milk & cookies & decided to just browse the action figure section & there on the floor was the walmart display! I walked over to see what was left & all they had was 1 Thor, 5 Antmans & 6 Sabretooths. They also had the YA & Monsters boxsets. The Monsters boxset looked awesome, especially werewolf by night! They also had the masterworks sets. They had the faceoff packs minus the growling Hulk & classic leader one,. They had both cap & both DD/Kingpin sets as well. I was a bit short on funds so I just snagged Thor & Antman for now. Tomorrow I'll go see if they restocked. Will post pics later tonight of Thor & Antman in action.

does anyone have an extra set? i'm in CA, no luck finding those at my nearest

walmart which is 50 miles from where i'm at :(

i'll throw in some extra for your troubles. tnx

I will see what I can do. Who do you need?

thanks saber! i'm afraid i need everything from the giant man wave. tnx

Here's some pics of Thor. The Thundergod rocks! He is way better looking than wave 3 Thor. Wave 3 Thor was too tall in scale while this one is just right. Hope ya like the pics.

Thor5-2-06.jpg

Thorsfrontview.jpg

thundergodvsmanofsteel.jpg

haveatthee.jpg

MightyAvengers.jpg

Just hit 4 more walmarts...

I20 & Wheatland...nothing

I67 & Beltline Rd...nothing

I20 & Great Southwest...Nothing

Cooper & I20....nothing...

Once more...waste of gas...

Went to run errands w/ the g/f and two WMs had leftovers. The usual leftovers of the boxsets and Masterworks. Regular two-packs were somewhat available, with mostly the hulk/leader set and maybe one regular captain america/red skull set. The cube island display was also taken down at one of the WMs just as fast as the ML figures went. The boxsets are at an endcap now.

Already helped out a fellow east coast collector. On the hunt for another in NY!!!

Wow, these things are going way too fast. I'm trying to snag a ride to Westbury Plaza from a friend for Saturday morning, the next time I'm off work. Hopefully they'll have restocked.

In other news, I found out I have to survive on $50 in my bank account until (not THIS Friday, but) NEXT Friday. And I still need to by a $76 Metrocard (for non-NYers who may not know, a pass to ride the bus and subway for a month)... so I'll have to see how much I can survive on pure CREDIT from my bank when it comes to the Wal-Mart wave.

Anyone want to donate money to the "Buy David the Wal-Mart Wave Fund"???? I hear that fund takes Paypal...

Thorsfrontview.jpg

Cool Thor pics Thanos0341....thanks. Man the new Thor looks so much better than the old series 3 version....I don't need the whole WM wave, but I really want him. :)