Official ML Wal-Mart Wave Topic

archangel_7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I am starting to go mad...........nothing yet again tonight. When are these things going to hit AL? Geesh I have not had this much trouble since wave 7.

Draven

It took me about 45 minutes to open ALL my Marvel Legends stash tonight. I can't believe I almost have an entire Avengers line up that I want! What a friggin good day!

Can you post pics! I think the only thing from keeping the poeple who don't have it from going mad is more pictures of it. @loll@

It took me about 45 minutes to open ALL my Marvel Legends stash tonight. I can't believe I almost have an entire Avengers line up that I want! What a friggin good day!

Who's your in Avengers lineup that you want? Who's missing?

And yes, post pics! I can't get enough of all the pics! It's all I can have until I own mine.

Just got back from a worthless night....

Hit 6 walmarts & found nothing...there is nothing in TX as of TODAY...

Wasted $70 worth of gas over these past 3 nights....

Congrats to all who found em ;)

where did you get them doom saber?

i wonder if people would get accused of being a "scalper" if they bought series 11 Vengances and Things now or series 4 Beast or series 3 movie Daredevil a year ago ONLY to be reimbursed by someone who wanted the figures for their collection

i bet most of you wouldnt even give a rats tail about those figures if they were gone off the shelves. haha, realistically.

i could understand if you're upset for not having the figure for your collection, but to get mad at the person who got the figure first before you? rediculous. if you were first to the figures everyone wanted, touche to you. scalper or not. whoever keeps tabs on other people's aquired items and get mad at them for it is just stupid.

first come first serve.

i wonder if people would get accused of being a "scalper" if they bought series 11 Vengances and Things now or series 4 Beast or series 3 movie Daredevil a year ago ONLY to be reimbursed by someone who wanted the figures for their collection

i bet most of you wouldnt even give a rats tail about those figures if they were gone off the shelves. haha, realistically.

i could understand if you're upset for not having the figure for your collection, but to get mad at the person who got the figure first before you? rediculous. if you were first to the figures everyone wanted, touche to you. scalper or not. whoever keeps tabs on other people's aquired items and get mad at them for it is just stupid.

first come first serve.

I think the point most people that argue this is quantity and timing.

Buying huge amounts and right at release is what causes people to resort to scalpers because they cant find anything. Basicaly pilaging a store clean makes it so many cant get them, causing the resentment.

There is first come first served but there is alsosomething called tact and moderation. Picking the bones clean does nothing but screw the next guy. Many will not be able to complete set because of the hoarding by scalpers. The arguement above is laughable.

STILL nothing in the Central Florida area. A group of friends split up and hit damn near every wally world from Atlantic to Gulf of Mexico and came up completely empty handed. The only thing I got was heartburn from some damn WM donuts at 4am.

Score!

Found the pallet display with the cardboard peeled off but no figures were missing yet.

As I was leaving another ML collector arrived.

wmml01.jpg

wmml02.jpg

wmml03.jpg

wmml04.jpg

Got everthing except for bearded variant of Sentry, but understand hes not on the pallet displays.

One store i even called and had them confirm the figures i was asking about, i asked specific figure names. They are like "sure they are all in stock" I told them i was 25 miles away to be sure it was checked and not a bull story. Get there.......nothing. Get toy employee. "Here they are Marvel Legends showdown"........................Get manager and ask why i was lied to and no one actually checked the names i told them and why they confirmed they had those named figures without checking before i drove for no reason.

Answer: "Our time is too valuable to check names of figures for people that may not come in."

Great service. I made it very clear i was far away.

I figured out a remedy for that.

You call the store and ask the person in toys or whoever you get to help if they would please do you a huge favor and go look at the racks, and write down the name of each ML/MC there. Since you are not telling them the names, you can rest assured they're not simply humoring you. I have found quite a few who were more than willing to even tell me what color each figure was. Only once did I ever get someone who said "I don't have time for this" and once I was laughed at (I hang up on rude people immediately, it's really not worth the effort of expelling a breath to tell them off). Otherwise, the only problems I had were mostly nobody actually being in the toy department that day.

One store i even called and had them confirm the figures i was asking about, i asked specific figure names. They are like "sure they are all in stock" I told them i was 25 miles away to be sure it was checked and not a bull story. Get there.......nothing. Get toy employee. "Here they are Marvel Legends showdown"........................Get manager and ask why i was lied to and no one actually checked the names i told them and why they confirmed they had those named figures without checking before i drove for no reason.

Answer: "Our time is too valuable to check names of figures for people that may not come in."

Great service. I made it very clear i was far away.

I figured out a remedy for that.

You call the store and ask the person in toys or whoever you get to help if they would please do you a huge favor and go look at the racks, and write down the name of each ML/MC there. Since you are not telling them the names, you can rest assured they're not simply humoring you. I have found quite a few who were more than willing to even tell me what color each figure was. Only once did I ever get someone who said "I don't have time for this" and once I was laughed at (I hang up on rude people immediately, it's really not worth the effort of expelling a breath to tell them off). Otherwise, the only problems I had were mostly nobody actually being in the toy department that day.

YEah I dont hesitate to just call them now. Fuel is too expensive not to.

But as you say the only hinderance is when no one is in the dept. Sometimes you might get someone from lawn and garden to look but they are usualy clueless about the latest stock and will start speaking Walmart code to you as one did to me. "Yeah they are there but I am not sure of her Pallet offload sequence that she normally correlates with her merchandise roster".

Or something.

Wah???

GEORGIA IS IN PLAY!!!!!

Picked some up in Dalton, GA this morning. Shugart Road location. They busted the pallet and put it on the shelf & endcap. Reports from Rome, GA have it that they are live there too. Get to it DAWGS!!!!

I have seen NOTHING in the Northeast. Nothing at Wal-Mart. No Hobgoblins or Hydros. No X-Men Wave 2.

One of the stores I hit often is the Mega Toys-R-Us in Times Square. You'd think not only being the only toy store in NYC, they would also want the shelves stocked with all the tourists that visit the place.

Sheesh. All these other posters hitting the jackpot, and I keep hitting the big bust. Good thing I don't gamble.

Not just you cajunthief, not just you...

I just got back from my local Walmart. Nothing. I spoke to the lady who runs toys. She was very nice. She says she hasn't heard about the Walmart wave. She says things get put out overnight as soon as they come in. There is nothing in the back, ever. I believed her. She says ML sells well so they should get the wave in. She said something about the little 'AD' on the price label meaning that they can get the figures every 7 days. I wasn't a hundred percent clear on what she was talking about. I told her about the week 14 and 15 DOA and she said that we are in week 14 now. I will be trying again tomorrow.

where did you get them doom saber?

The Walmart at Oakland. When my brother and I got there, only the shelf warmers were left, so we got those. They had 2 antmans, 1 Havok, 1 Captain Britain, two AOA st, two of each face offs(they have more than 2 DD vs KP, though,) and a couple of gift sets.

My bro and I got one of each cept for the gift sets. We passed since they have a lot and that we will get them some other time.

For those who don't want to do the math, should now have: antman, sabertooth, one of each faceoff cept for a few DD.

My brother and I bought these right before Walmart was closing for the night.

first come first serve.

I have to agree. After my sibling and I got the walmart set, we went to another Walmart where they haven't got it. We met some ppl lookin for the set and I told them that the other one has it. FYI, this walmart closes an hour later as the one w/ the exclusives. So the oakland one was closed when my brother and I went to this one. Anyways, we as in my bro and I, saw workers putting a pallet on the floor. It was the spiderman classic figs. Right after they put the pallet on the floor, I ripped open the case and grab the toys my bro and I needed. However, when I got Hydroman, that annoying guy who was looking for the walmart, kept saying "I want Hydroman." I wasn't sure if he wanted mines, but I didn't want to give the one I just obtained. Well, another pallet was discovered, so I ripped open that one and got the hydro to that stupid chicken shi* since he was too scared to open the box himself. My brother told me that I should have left and let them do it themselves. Funny, how I opened the case in front of all the stockboys and walmart employees; they don't care.

Checked this past week and saw we got the new SMC wave, but no Hobgoblin, Spider-hulk, or Hydroman. When I was leaving though did seem they were making room for something that I believe it is for the new ML