Official ML Wal-Mart Wave Topic

archangel_7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice score Clam!

Here's what I was able to gather...since these things have been popping up all over the southeast (and pretty close to Nebraska) I've been calling my Walmarts (4 Super/2 regular) every day to hear disappointment. The best news I heard was yesterday when one said they were gonna get the pallet today. Needless to say I couldn't sleep all night and was ready to yank the kids out of bed this morning if need be. Sadly I was disappointed. Questions I had got me stupid answers from clueless employees after 15 minutes of wait time over the phone. The Walmart and Iowa suggested I call back when the managers came in. I did and was informed that these are week 14 items (sound familiar). What I didn't know was that week 14 is NEXT week. It sucks but makes me feel a little better. Having been stationed here in Nebraska for almost 6 years I can say that some Walmarts are "rule followers" more than others. During the AOTC and ROTS wait game Walmarts here did not put out ANY SW figs until the release date (in some cases the preview figs as well). It sucked to see store in other places slipping out figs and this is the same case. Each store has the option of setting the cases out when they get them but they are scheduled to be mass released next week. So you folks that got them congrats...I do envy you...BUT everyone else should be VERY happy next week...at least I'll have more cash next week... andI'll have to make it a point to skate out of work during my lunch hour everyday. @firedevil@

BOO YAH!

WEST COAST REPRESENT!

I found the pallet display at a Supercenter, not my usual hunting ground... but I had a feeling about this store... so I drove 30 minutes with a local buddy..

it was still wrapped up. it is the EXACT thing romeothedarkangel described. The box has the toybiz logo on the outside and says 117 pieces... I don't remember what it actually said about the figures inside.. but the top of the box has that familair "ACTION FIGURES" band around the entire thing.

I spent 260.. my buddy 379!

I think I picked up 14 figures, 7 2-packs, and the Young Avengers boxset.

and No, there is not a Sentry variant on these displays.

I will try to get some pics up soon, but I kinda think everyone has seen these already

Nice find. when did you pick it up Clam? i'm hoping to score some this weekend. The wife's already given the go ahead

I DID find a ML endcap at the closest Walmart to me....but it was all the series 11 peg warmers. @grumpy@

Yeah, what's the deal with Walmart having so much Series 11 lately? Honestly, after series 12 came out, all I've seen since is series 11 and NO 12. My Target and Walmart are packed with these things. And of course no one is going to buy them since it's the worst wave ever made and you can't even build a figure. What a waste.

Oddly i found out about that recently. turns out wal marts..or at least the ones I have spoken to, Are not able to order cases. They have to order somethign called a feature. Which as you have seen is a whole bunch of them to slap on an endcap. Comes in vaguely special boxes of 15 I think and have an undetermined ratio of chases and regs..though usualy the chases don't show up in these. I spoke to my wal mart toy manager and she is looking into ordering a feature of series 13. Hopefully she will get that order in and that is what toybiz will send. Would be nice to see thigns early 2 times in a row..or on time as it really is. Just early for me as they are usualy out for 2 months then they show;)

Chad

i opened the rather large box on the pallet and it was the blue display with the price boards on the top to be put on when it was taken to the floor.oh,and supercenter = large wal-mart with full grocery store added on :P

Sounds like our version of a super store here @can@

nope nothing, my walamrt said they had soem in the back, and i told clam about it and he called me like a few hours later and told me they had the display thingie at his walmart, and that he would post pics later, im try and go back to my wlamart later and see.

Snag me a sentry chase pleaseeeeeeeeeee :D @loll@

lemure77 Thats just weird :S! Never read about anything like that before :S

BOO YAH!

WEST COAST REPRESENT!

I found the pallet display at a Supercenter, not my usual hunting ground... but I had a feeling about this store... so I drove 30 minutes with a local buddy..

it was still wrapped up. it is the EXACT thing romeothedarkangel described. The box has the toybiz logo on the outside and says 117 pieces... I don't remember what it actually said about the figures inside.. but the top of the box has that familair "ACTION FIGURES" band around the entire thing.

I will try to get some pics up soon, but I kinda think everyone has seen these already

Hey Clam, what was the stock looking like after you guys left? I called the stores in Sac but they don't seem to have them in stock. I'm 2 hours away, a bit too far for me to go just for some leftovers.

BOO YAH!

WEST COAST REPRESENT!

See,...I knew you would get them first! Dam crybaby.... j/k @loll@

Hey Clam,

Aside from the Supercenter, the Wal-Mart's in your area didn't get them... just that one?

The reason I'm asking is because we have a Supercenter opening up in three weeks and our main Wal-Mart is open for three more weeks. I'm hoping that the shipment will come to the main Wal-Mart and not have to wait until the Super Center to open.

kndy

the regular stores all have it on order.. they should be here tonight or tomorrow night at the regular stores

BOO YAH!

WEST COAST REPRESENT!

Hey Clam, what was the stock looking like after you guys left? I called the stores in Sac but they don't seem to have them in stock. I'm 2 hours away, a bit too far for me to go just for some leftovers.

The stores in Sacramento don't have these yet... I drove out of town to a Supercenter to find them.

there was pretty much nothing left. I picked up 14 figures, my buddy 19. We only left Thors, Sabtertooths, Antmans, and 1 Captain Britain.

I would just wait until Saturday or Sunday.. they should definitely be in your neighborhood, and you can grab whatever you want off a new pallet

What city in the NorCal?

Roseville... its about 30 minutes away from Sacramento

sacramento got them last night ask clam

Congrats Clam for the CA pickup!! Things are looking up for us here in the West coast!!!

sacramento got them last night ask clam

Not Sac, just one Super Wally in Roseville.

I'll be sure to ask him tho.... ;)

someone needs to combine these threads or something... check clam's post in 'Wal-mart found'