Official ML Wal-Mart Wave Topic

archangel_7

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy to hear that Warbird and Captain Britain have the holes in their backs for the flight stands. I have extras, and hoping to get more, and I'm glad they're paying attention to which characters can actually fly, and allowing us to simulate that. I think the person that posted about the holes in the back doesn't have Sentry yet, but since he also uses the same base body as Britain, is it safe to say he has a hole in his back too?

This was actually a major concern of mine, that I wouldn't be able to make my Warbird fly.

I wouldn't totally count on them being able to go on a flight stand. Warbird uses the Phoenix body, so she would have the spot on her back that all Elektra bases have for the sai backpack. Britain re-uses Wonderman's body so his hole is for the Yellowjacket plug-in which unfortunately doesn't work for a flight stand without widening it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true, unless they used BP torso with the wider hole.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy to hear that Warbird and Captain Britain have the holes in their backs for the flight stands. I have extras, and hoping to get more, and I'm glad they're paying attention to which characters can actually fly, and allowing us to simulate that. I think the person that posted about the holes in the back doesn't have Sentry yet, but since he also uses the same base body as Britain, is it safe to say he has a hole in his back too?

This was actually a major concern of mine, that I wouldn't be able to make my Warbird fly.

I wouldn't totally count on them being able to go on a flight stand. Warbird uses the Phoenix body, so she would have the spot on her back that all Elektra bases have for the sai backpack. Britain re-uses Wonderman's body so his hole is for the Yellowjacket plug-in which unfortunately doesn't work for a flight stand without widening it.

Well, I have had Wonder Man on a flight stand since I got him, and rather than widen his hole I just shaved the peg of the flight stand. I would be more than happy to do the same for Britain and Sentry.

I may have to do a little working with Warbird, but I could probably manage something or make the hole a little deeper for the flight stand.

Not true, unless they used BP torso with the wider hole.

BP is the original body, so I'm hoping they went back to basics with Britain and Sentry.

What about Thor? Is there a hole in his back?

You know, I was just thinking about the dropped Quicksilver from Wave 15, and they SO should have just made HIM the extra character in the Wal-Mart wave, to complete Giant-Man, instead of that FUGLY Wolverine variant.

Still SO mad about Quicksilver, y'all have no idea.

Minnesotas in the house!!!! Thanks to a fellow MN Tni'r for the info, I snagged 3 of the 2-packs (left all the variants) and 2 of the Giant Man series (Sentry and Thor). I didn't bring enough bread so I left behind AoA Sabretooth and Giant Man. All the others were already gone.

And with the big display that my Wal Mart had, I don't think I will have any problem getting the rest of the series.

I don't know bout you guys that are finding these but I saw a bunch of the variant 2 packs.

These are possibly the coolest figures ever.

is the house of m boxset out with all these as well as the ironman/mandarine 2pks?

Pretty sure not.

All that came out WITH the ML Wal-Mart wave is:

Monsters gift box

Young Avengers gift box

Face-Offs Wave 1 (Cap/Skull or Cap/Strucker, Hulk/Leader, and Kingpin/Daredevil)

Face-Offs wave 2 is not going to come out for a few months, and THAT wave has Iron Man/Mandarin, along with classic Wolvie/Sabretooth, and Punisher/Jigsaw.

is the house of m boxset out with all these as well as the ironman/mandarine 2pks?

Pretty sure not.

All that came out WITH the ML Wal-Mart wave is:

Monsters gift box

Young Avengers gift box

Face-Offs Wave 1 (Cap/Skull or Cap/Strucker, Hulk/Leader, and Kingpin/Daredevil)

Face-Offs wave 2 is not going to come out for a few months, and THAT wave has Iron Man/Mandarin, along with classic Wolvie/Sabretooth, and Punisher/Jigsaw.

ok i wasn't really sure, thanks for the heads up and i guess the house of m will be out around the wave 2 face-offs

So the final piece to complete Giant Man comes with the AoA Wolverine variant? If so I hope he won't be so hard to track down.

So the final piece to complete Giant Man comes with the AoA Wolverine variant? If so I hope he won't be so hard to track down.

or one of the others if there are others... @hmmm@

anyone here think kittys head kinda looks like the white queen?..

Just slap warbirds hair on and you praticly got you're self one :S

I don't trust the Minnesota sighting

Awwww poor Clam jealous cause he didn't find them first.

thor.jpg

hulk.jpg

dd.jpg

cap.jpg

And to think I've been on this board long enough for people to know that I don't make crap up:

rcpt.jpg

Again thanks to Gladiator for the heads up. And for any fellow MN Tni'rs, there were still a bunch of variant 2 packs left at the Brooklyn Center Wal Mart off of Hiway 81. Oh btw Clam, call the number on my receipt if you still don't believe me @hmmm@

I'm not really sure, but I was kinda thinking Kitty's not really looking all that good (as far as the head sculpt goes).

MORE PICS!

lol

ALLSO so banned :P

LOL!hahaha

what do you make of cap and red skull cha?..

& KP/DD?..

... & thor and sentry :P

LOLs

I'm thinking of getting that cap, but the maskless one... for my loose display... hows it compare to wave 1 cap?..

Congrats Cha, I have to say Thor turned out great.....I'm not really a big Avengers/Thor fan, but damn I want that figure!!! :D

or one of the others if there are others... @hmmm@

Variant Sentry on eBay came with the same GM piece as the Giant Man arm that comes with regular Sentry. Soooo it looks like this:

Variant Wolvie is nothing more than an alternative; a variant of an already crappy figure both of which are needed to complete Giant Man (no one would buy either of them I THINK if he didn't have the pieces, he even looks cheaply made and crappy IMO) and the variant Sentry is the chase figure in the wave, thus why SO FEW have been found and he comes with the same GM piece, the Giant Man arm that comes with reg. Sentry. I love you toybiz but WHY couldn't variant Sentry have been packed in every case and Crappy AOA Wolvie Variant been the chase...hell just DROP Wolvie and put in QUICKSILVER. Of course, Grateful Dead Sentry could've been not released in the original few shipments since it was in West Virginia he was found, one of the later places to get the set. But I'm sure he's chase. @grumpy@

MORE PICS!

lol

ALLSO so banned :P

LOL!hahaha

what do you make of cap and red skull cha?..

& KP/DD?..

... & thor and sentry :P

LOLs

I'm thinking of getting that cap, but the maskless one... for my loose display... hows it compare to wave 1 cap?..

The Captain is just the ML8 Ult Cap with a brighter outfit, new head, and flare boot/gloves. I like it 10 times better than the ML8 an Ml1. I no longer have to buy anymore Captain Americas. I actually like the Red Skull Figure too.

My other thoughts:

I've been waiting for a Kingpin figure for a long time and this one makes it worth the wait. My only gripe is that he don't have the wrist joints. Daredevil is a cool figure but the red of his out fit and boots/glove (imo) throws the whole look of the figure off. Plus I don't like the way his shoulders are and that brown pouch.

Thor and Sentry are has to be my favorites up to this point. The sculpting on the two is phenomenal. Now I can't wait for the Loki and Beta Ray figure.

Hulk hands down is my favorite Hulk figure. Big and massive. Definitive Hulk figure. If they never made anymore, I'm completely happy with this one. Leader again is another great sculpt. I didn't care too much for the variant head.

As I stated in my other threads/post, my display had a bunch of variant 2 packs, so I'm thinking they ain't going to be hard to find. I left bunch of them. The only other Giant Man wave figs that were left was AoA Sabretooth and Ant-man. I didn't bring enough dough but base on the size of the display, I'm not worried. I'll get them all without any problems.

Definately the coolest waves so far.

you see any other chases?.. chase sentry? how many chases did you see as well?.. I had hoped/figured on these being in every case, but it looks like sentry may be the actaul "chase" figure of the wave :( with wolvie being the more common...

Or maybe they will pull a blackx23 on us and put sentry out in the latter waves more :S