Official ML Wal-Mart Wave Topic

archangel_7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jett how much did you spend on all that?.. I only see $200 something on the price tag which I can't belive :P thats just too low LOL!

Any chance of some open pics?.. Did you see any other of the WM wave chases as well or just aoa wolvie?..

jett how much did you spend on all that?.. I only see $200 something on the price tag which I can't belive :P thats just too low LOL!

Any chance of some open pics?.. Did you see any other of the WM wave chases as well or just aoa wolvie?..

Hehe yeah the Wal-Mart portion was $230.89 (whew), but I spent an additional $80 at K-mart and I believe $45 or so at Toys R Us. Plus I completely forgot another little bag of toys I got today as I went by Game Crazy and picked up 3 packs of Street Fighter Minimates and a Joyride Battlestar Galactica Silver Spar Viper.

As far as open pictures I will see what I can do...

Oh and the only variant I saw was Wolvy and I looked high and low for a LONG time for that Sentry. The stocklady working toys said someone about 30 minutes earlier had left with a buggy full so I have to assume he got the others.

Funny side story to all of this was that while I picked up everything you see in the pictures I also went ahead and picked up a second set of the basic Wal-Mart wave figures for my best friend. I didn't feel too bad since it still left at least 2 complete sets on the pegs, but as I was loading the buggy I had two older female employees stand at the end of the aisle and say, just loud enough for me to hear them, "I understand when kids go crazy for these but it is just disgusting when you see the people come in and take all of the toys to mark up and sell somewhere. It is just sad."

I just flashed them a smile and wheeled my buggy over to layaway and put my buds figures in for him and left. I didn't feel it neccesary to justify my spending or even try and state my case to these employees...I work hard...I spend my money on collectibles/toys...I don't sell them for profit...and yes...I help my friends when I can. I think they must not have realized there were 9 figures in this set and so 2 sets of these made 18 figures plus the 2 packs and such so I assume they just saw a buggy full of 20+ toys and assumed I cleaned them out of the rare stuff.

Anyway, it was just the first time I have ever had someone essentially look at me like a scalper. Then again it was also the first time I EVER found so much in one place so I bet it did look funny!

^ lol, I hate when people assume things!

I'm only getting about four figures from the wave, but I know when I carry them, they'll be stacked to the top of my head. I said I would only get four, but we'll just have to wait and see... I will definitely not pick them all up at once, though.

I'd like to see open pics of Kitty Pryde, if you don't mind.

Holy crap man! Awesome hauL!!!

When you said Oak Ridge I thought you meant Oak Ridges in Canada! @can@ lol

Congrats!

I visited all the LR WM (7 total, 5 SC & 2 reg.) and found nothing.

I called them all tonight, and still nothing...

It makes sense that these were either released early or being distributed somehow from that location out.

However, if they are CA as it appears, who knows when we southerns might see these.

If you go to Ebay and you are from the U.S. (I understand Canada and overseas buying these online), why?

btw, the guy that put the Kansas 2-pack of Hulk vs. Leader on Ebay for initially $315 lives 20 minutes from me. lol

That guy in OR was my cousin, grabbing his set. I got half the wave, the Face off Chase, and the boxed sets. I hit a few more WM in the area, with zero luck. I just missed you Jett. When I got there, I snagged a Chase Wolvie, but no Havok, Kitty, Warbird, Bearded Sentry, or regular AOA Wolvie.

Thus sayeth Jett:

Funny side story to all of this was that while I picked up everything you see in the pictures I also went ahead and picked up a second set of the basic Wal-Mart wave figures for my best friend. I didn't feel too bad since it still left at least 2 complete sets on the pegs, but as I was loading the buggy I had two older female employees stand at the end of the aisle and say, just loud enough for me to hear them, "I understand when kids go crazy for these but it is just disgusting when you see the people come in and take all of the toys to mark up and sell somewhere. It is just sad."

You should have told em that kids don't even buy these as much as we do, because we are familiar with them and kids like theior video games.

Anyway, it was just the first time I have ever had someone essentially look at me like a scalper. Then again it was also the first time I EVER found so much in one place so I bet it did look funny!

Don't worry about it. For those of us who bought those ML9's when Target had them at $2.99 and had them fill up the whole cart..hehe..

Anyway, nice score man! Hope to see more states get them in!

kndy

i thought i would start a thread to keep track of where these figs have been found to help everyone out

Ky

Tenn

Wv

NC

any one found them any wear else?

i hope to find them in Oh real soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good lord these are going to be IMPOSSIBLE to find. I'm in Toronto, no one in Michigan or New York has them yet (I'll drive there to get them cause I'm a tool and its only 3 hours to MI and aobut an hour to Buffalo). I called up the store where Jett found them and got quite possibly the funniest, and most angering, reponse ever;

"No I'm sorry they've all been purchased and one guy put about half the display on layaway" ......this is exactly WHY I hate Wal-mart...some scalper probably put most of the pallet on layaway and bought the rest, because I dont think jett mentioned layaway. Ugh. Hopefully if i call and find them in NY or MI I can get them to hold them for me for a day till I can get there.

damn you walmart!!!

1 hour away form my point in WV in 2 directions. charleston and pikeville. Noth roughly same distance..just didn't get to em. Called and the one in C town had 1 sabertooth and the young avengers left..pike ville had no singles and randoms of the rest.

sigh..SOON!!!

Chad

Good lord these are going to be IMPOSSIBLE to find. I'm in Toronto, no one in Michigan or New York has them yet (I'll drive there to get them cause I'm a tool and its only 3 hours to MI and aobut an hour to Buffalo). I called up the store where Jett found them and got quite possibly the funniest, and most angering, reponse ever;

"No I'm sorry they've all been purchased and one guy put about half the display on layaway" ......this is exactly WHY I hate Wal-mart...some scalper probably put most of the pallet on layaway and bought the rest, because I dont think jett mentioned layaway. Ugh. Hopefully if i call and find them in NY or MI I can get them to hold them for me for a day till I can get there.

damn you walmart!!!

Actually that is pretty funny if that is what they told you. I did mention that I put some figures in layaway for my best friend but to say that it was half of the display would be quite an exaggeration. I put exactly 9 figures in layaway...one of each of the regular waves figures. I did not put in any variants or even box sets or two packs. Unless someone came along after me and put more in layaway I think they are stretching the truth a bit.

When I left the toy department by my count there was at least one complete set of regular figures if not two complete sets. They had split several of them up on to end caps and even some on the top shelves stacked so it is hard to say exactly. They were not in a display instead they were crammed in the regular Marvel Legends section. There were at least 15 each I would guess of the Monster and Avenger box sets along with Masterworks on some more end caps. On top of that I am positive that every 2 pack was still there as well as each variant for those. In fact the four I picked up were not even hanging on the shelf because the pegs were so full. So I did not in any way shape or form clean them out.

I hope everyone has the chance to find them as they are awesome indeed. If I find anymore I will check back here to see if I can help out members who might have a hard time getting them in their areas/parts of the world.

damn you walmart!!!

Actually that is pretty funny if that is what they told you. I did mention that I put some figures in layaway for my best friend but to say that it was half of the display would be quite an exaggeration. I put exactly 9 figures in layaway...one of each of the regular waves figures. I did not put in any variants or even box sets or two packs. Unless someone came along after me and put more in layaway I think they are stretching the truth a bit.

When I left the toy department by my count there was at least one complete set of regular figures if not two complete sets. They had split several of them up on to end caps and even some on the top shelves stacked so it is hard to say exactly. They were not in a display instead they were crammed in the regular Marvel Legends section. There were at least 15 each I would guess of the Monster and Avenger box sets along with Masterworks on some more end caps. On top of that I am positive that every 2 pack was still there as well as each variant for those. In fact the four I picked up were not even hanging on the shelf because the pegs were so full. So I did not in any way shape or form clean them out.

I hope everyone has the chance to find them as they are awesome indeed. If I find anymore I will check back here to see if I can help out members who might have a hard time getting them in their areas/parts of the world.

Wasn't you then she was referring too...the way she worded it, she made it sound like one person bought them (you) and another person came in and put the rest on layaway but she may have been wrong. Either way, she said it was cleaned out and there was NONE left. I guess a scalper could've put the rest on layaway/purchased them all. Anyways, I wasn't being hostile towards you if you thought that, I don't blame you for putting a set away for your friend, its the scalpers that buy 3 or 4 sets and fill buggies full and clear the store out that irk me. And I won't lie, its kinda lame when people buy an extra set to keep MOC but its understandable. you're lucky you scored these man.

edit: she also said they were a special "pallet drop shipment"...did they take them off and put them in the aisle?

damn you walmart!!!

You should get hooked up by the case. I believe BMan sells em in the GTA area ;) @can@