So I got a WHALE today...

DPrime

Man, I was so excited to get this one too... but check out the pics!

BentHovercraft1.jpg

BentBrokenWHALE.jpg

MoreBending.jpg

Of course, it was described as "perfect" in the auction...

And I paid up the butt in customs/import fees - the guy used UPS, and I've never been charged that much in my life!

Just curious, as I'm not too familiar with the WHALE, as I've never owned one, but are those parts hidden when it's assembled?

wow man...that SUCKS. If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay?

-saboteur

Er... a lot. It was "MIB"... well, unassembled anyway. Mail-away.

Hey, if you need a replacement for that part of the Whale, let me know. I've got a few extra.

Man, if you do, yeah, I would REALLY appreciate a hook-up. PM me and hopefully we can work something out.

Just curious, as I'm not too familiar with the WHALE, as I've never owned one, but are those parts hidden when it's assembled?

Nope... :(

man you aint havin any luck with the stress marks and "cracks" man! ;)

however as a buyer..leaving a negitive feedback for a seller is a double edged sword as they normally "hold feedback for ransom" until they get possitive feedback from you..if you leave a negative they will revenge negative you 99% of the time no matter how fast or how much you paid,

sad but true! what i would do is contact the seller tell them the problems maybe ask if he will refund you the money for a replacement hull only see what happens? if he says no, then i wouldnt leave him any feedback..see if he doesnt leave any for you, if he doesnt ....read on

ebay only allows 90 days for you to leave feedback...if you wait till the very last day that you can leave it you might be able to sneak a negative on him without him harming your feedback, in therory? i never tried it but it could work?

TM

wow man...that SUCKS. If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay?

-saboteur

Er... a lot. It was "MIB"... well, unassembled anyway. Mail-away.

Given that info, I would definately contact the seller...he may give you some of your money back. I sold a RID Optimus and Ultra Magus who I thought were both in mint condition, as I only used them for display, but when the buyer got them, he noticed the wheels were split on a few of them, so we worked out a refund for part of the auction, and were both satisfied with it.

Sometimes, the seller isn't trying to rip anyone off, and certain things just aren't noticed...my case being that I'm not a big TF fan, and I didn't really know or care much about the figs to begin with, so I listed them as being mint, thinking they were, even though they weren't completely mint.

Contact him, and if he's an ass, ask for a full refund.

If he hasn't posted feedback for you yet, I would never recommend posting negative feedback for a seller, as I was burned once on a figure that I bid on and never received. I emailed him multiple times, and even tried calling the phone number he had listed, and never had any response over several weeks. TONS of buyers were posting negative feedback about not receiving items from him, so I posted a negative comment as well. Within a few hours of my negative feedback left for him, he posted a negative feedback for me, even though he somehow couldn't respond to any of my various ways of contacting him for weeks before that. I contacted ebay, and they won't remove negative feedback in any case...even negative feedback left as retaliation...which makes feedback on ebay partially baised. The seller did get his account removed, but I still have that negative feedback left on my account...which sucks. Some sellers are just asses, and even when they're in the wrong, they'll screw someone else's feedback out of spite.

Here's a link to the seller who screwed me over, in case anyone is interested:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...erid=davea92276

Thanks for the advice - I actually emailed him, with the pictures, before I posted this, so we'll see what happens.

however as a buyer..leaving a negative feedback for a seller is a double edged sword as they normally "hold feedback for ransom" until they get positive feedback from you..

Ain't that the truth!

And true, it can be a problem sometimes, but I don't think this guy is a bad seller. He left positive feedback almost immediately after I paid, so chances are good I won't have to contact Ebay or leave a negative...

Thanks for the advice - I actually emailed him, with the pictures, before I posted this, so we'll see what happens.

however as a buyer..leaving a negative feedback for a seller is a double edged sword as they normally "hold feedback for ransom" until they get positive feedback from you..

Ain't that the truth!

And true, it can be a problem sometimes, but I don't think this guy is a bad seller. He left positive feedback almost immediately after I paid, so chances are good I won't have to contact Ebay or leave a negative...

It's always good news when a seller posts a positive after they receive payment.

Okay, so here's the reply I got about the condition...

when i bought it it was sealed i opened it to make sure it was all there i put insurance on it the only thing i can say is to contact ups i insured it for 200.00

My question is, am I the one who can do this, or is he, because he insured it?

Okay, so here's the reply I got about the condition...

when i bought it it was sealed i opened it to make sure it was all there i put insurance on it the only thing i can say is to contact ups i insured it for 200.00

My question is, am I the one who can do this, or is he, because he insured it?

I used to work in a mailroom for a large company a few years back.

Both of you can contact UPS. If your name is on the recipient's address you can do it yourself, just have the tracking # ready and call 1800PICKUPS and speak to a represanitive. At worse you wont get anything, but with the proof of sealed pictures on the auction and after pictures you definitly have a case. Just make sure YOU get the money and not the sender. He could even get the shipping costs refunded for this, since you said it cost a lot to ship aswell.

Good Luck, I know you live in Canada so I don't know if everything applies the same as here in the good ol' US of A. #US1#