Sideshowtoys Jason X

holytoledo69

I feel kinda cheated and disappointed. Sideshowtoys finally released pictures of the actual Jason X figure and it looks nothing like it's protype. It looks lanky and his head is tiny. Probably the result of putting the head on their new "big boy" body. Plus the mask really sucks!! (IMHO) Ugghh!!! Looks like I'm going to have to cancel my pre-order.

actual product @grumpy@

jasonx.jpg

Picture of the protoype on the box @hmmm@

jasonxprotype.jpg

I just got my jason x figure in today also and I have to say its one of the best one's they came out with so far. To think I almost cancelled my pre-order.

The headsculpt is detailed and puts other jason figures to shame. You can almost see all the pores on his head. His eyes are f%^^&d up like theyre suppose to be and the shading is exceptional. The mask IS a Jason X mask (as oppose to the type Jason VII they had on sideshows' site) and they used a stiffer plastic this time. The paint is also nicely applied. There's also a texture to the mask not unlike stone which I think looks nice.

I agree it may not be movie accurate, but with little modifications it can be. First off I assume none are you are fond of the base body sideshow uses (I think theyre too skinny). I tend to switch bodies around, but with head being a ball and socket type, it was next to impossible.

My solution was to "fill" him in and bulk him up a bit. Sideshows' Big Boy body is big, but it lacks the bulk I feel. I simply got a tight fitting body suit (from one of my old 1/6 gi joes) and added cotton balls inside (the bodysuit) to fill in certain spots.. i.e. thighs, midsection and shoulders, etc. I put his costume back on and Viola!!! His body frame is just like mr hodder's.

I also made the straight jacket a little bit more tattered (cutting it up a bit more) and even burned the bullet holes a bit with a lighter. Lolz. I dont even have this figure 24 hours and already I'm customizing it. This weekend I might replace his boots and get little tufts of hair to attach to his head (I may not glue per se', but maybe just have his mask straps hold them in place) I'll see if I can take pictures and post them within the next couple of days.

****Pictures below are of the "ACTUAL" product (not mine but are from the F13 forum.)****

100_0719.jpg

100_0717.jpg