1990 Rampart - Profiled!

robot_sonic

This week's profile is the 1990 Rampart figure. I really want to like Rampart. At first glance, the figure is cool enough. But, the more I try to use him, the more limitations I find with the mold.

Also, my Archive Site is almost done. All of the profiles except for the Python Patrol Copperhead are fully updated. (Don't know if the PP Copperhead photos made it. If not, I'll take some new ones!) My next task is the vehicles and dioramas.

Enjoy!

Guest McBragg

A Navy man that isn't a SEAL in a wetsuit. He gets props for that alone.

I don't know, Mike. I thought Rampart gun's hook on the end goes on the peg on his waist, and the bipod was actually a quad-pod..., one peices plugs in and the other goes under that. that's the way I did it...I can't remmember if the package had instructions for it or not.

Great review as always.Rampart holds another one of those places in my collection as a figure i love but don't really know why.You hit the nail on the head about his filecard never really getting into what he does besides shooting down missles.I've always used him as the support gunner for the SEALS as they make their way to their extraction boat/craft.While the SEALS and their team go inland to perform whatever op they are doing Rampart stays near the extraction craft awaiting his teams return.Rampart lays down the cover fire for them and if things get hairy he fires a missle or two at the enemy.He's the last to get on the extraction craft.I guess he could be considered my beach gunner.lol.

A Navy man that isn't a SEAL in a wetsuit. He gets props for that alone.

Always good!

Review like these are why I love your website man. Rampart IS a great figure, and definitely a forgotten one. You hit the nail square on the head in that first paragraph. I was one of the "older collectors" and had gotten out of GI Joe by the time this guy came out.