Backstage Heat On Joey Styles, J.R./WWE, & More!

Outsiders

The PWTorch Newsletter reports that Jim Ross worked very closely with Joey Styles while they were at WrestleMania 22. J.R. spent a large amount of time working with Styles backstage, and was noticed by several others as being the closest that J.R. has ever worked with anyone.

Apparently Joey got some heat on him from Mick Foley when he missed the low blow that Lita gave Foley and called it wrong, because he was looking down at his notes for the match. This was one of the things that J.R. worked with Style on, trying to get him to shorten his notes for going on the air. Mike Tenay is also known for having lots of notes.

Joey also got some heat on him from management, when he was overheard saying that he wanted to call the hardcore match at WrestleMania 22 by himself, since that's the way he did it in ECW. Somebody heard this and ran back to upper management to tell them about it, however nothing really became of it.

Vince is said to be more confident in Styles' abilities now, than he was when he first joined the company.

I'll be glad when they finally lay off the guy. Come on,the guy is use to doing play-by-play a certain way for quite a few years. Then he's has to go and learn the WWE way. They should've eased off of the guy instead of being on his back all of the time.

I agree, Joey Styles is a breath of fresh air. We've had almost 2 DECADES of WWE commentators "pushing angles", it's refreshing to hear a guy actually call an Irish Whip or Drop Toe Hold.

I absolutely detest Jim Ross, the most overatted commentator in the business. I pray that Joey doesn't end up sounding like: "MY GAWD MY GAWD MY GAWD STONE COLD STONE COLD STONE COLD THAT JEZABELL MY GAWD MY GAWD"

I swear Jesse Ventura and Bobby Heenan were the best for comedy relief.

Wow, i can't get over the amount of news that i've read in which VinnyMac and his sheep continue to pester this guy. Joey Styles would be great if they let him be who he is, the last thing he needs is some coaching by that "Whipped Government Mule," Jim Ross. Ross was pretty good back in his day, but guess what...he got bland and annoying, it is time to move on. I really don't know what they expect out of Styles.

Actually I think the Coach has really improved. As a heel colour commentator he delivers some key lines with great timing. He's definitely overshadowing the King who has become a characterature of himself anyways.

Styles & Coach would make a good combo, don't know why Vince doesn't want to make that move. I mean, it's not like Vince is adverse to risky moves.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE