dc superheroes wave 2

Carmine

Alex Rosse's is too big and look old and tired to me. To me it would be a tie between the Mattel one and the Gifset one. The regualr JLA superman looks too mean.

The giftset and the regular JLA Supes is the same...

No, I think the faces are different.

This Mattel Superman, when you display him, looks a little like a MOTU figure from 2002......

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Rosse's is too big and look old and tired to me. To me it would be a tie between the Mattel one and the Gifset one. The regualr JLA superman looks too mean.

This Mattel Superman, when you display him, looks a little like a MOTU figure from 2002......

Nope. There are 2 versions. They first released this one:

3230_a_full.jpg

Then they changed it to this one (also the one found in the boxset):

3300_a_full.jpg

3230_a_full.jpg

3300_a_full.jpg

3230_a_full.jpg

3300_a_full.jpg

Actually, the first one, is te second one, from JLA. The second pic is the first Superman released. The third one is the boxset Supes.

Well since I can't find my Marvel love yet I broke down and got Bizarro and Sups tonight. I must say as much as I wanted to talk myself into not getting Sups and the fact that the old Mattel one or a DCD one was better was crap. Now that I have him home, he is my favorite I have!

Draven

Ive seen these...I think they really suck in articulation...I havent seen doomsday but I heard that he's pretty much a midget to the original

Finally saw these tonight at one of the Toledo TRU's. Only picked up Supes & Doomsday, no interest in the other two. TRU decided to jack the price up a dollar for some reason after Series I clogged the pegs for months. Doomsday looks really small to me, too. I'll reserve judgement until I get them out of the package .

well since starting this thread, i'm still yet to see any of these figs in any local shops here in New Jersey!!!! Only a local comic book shoppe has them, but i refuse to pay the jacked up prices they are charging for them. Don't know if the delay is being caused by the series 1 Scarecrows clogging the shelves, but i've checked every TRU, Target, K-mart & Walmart in a bunch of towns in NJ & in Staten Island & nothing!!!!!

Yay! Finally Wave 2 is out in Toronto! But there was only one Doomsday in a pile of the other 3!

Yay! Finally Wave 2 is out in Toronto! But there was only one Doomsday in a pile of the other 3!

I went to Wal-Mart to get Tint for my Beer Cooler at work and walked by the Toys and say Supergirl and Bizarro lookin at me and i snaged them

I went to Wal-Mart to get Tint for my Beer Cooler at work and walked by the Toys and say Supergirl and Bizarro lookin at me and i snaged them

haha nice!

Iam gonna wait for them to be released at Wal-Mart too so I can save a couple of bucks!

All of my local Walmarts got these in last week and all that's left is one lonely Supergirl from those 3 cases. I have to say that Superman is much improved over the 2003 Mattel 2-pack version. I can't compare it with DC Direct since I don't have the JLA Supes. Doomsday is too short and I think his mid-section is too thin, but other than that, the sculpt is amazing! I'm interested to see what the Superman and Supergirl variants end up being.

Cool, so these are showing up at TRUs now?

In Canada, yep!

In my TRU, they're priced 13.99 each. and I think Walmar's sellin them for 9.99or so. That's why i choose to wait for Walmart coz i'll spend $32 more if I buy DCSH s1&2 @ from TRU.

In my TRU, they're priced 13.99 each. and I think Walmar's sellin them for 9.99or so. That's why i choose to wait for Walmart coz i'll spend $32 more if I buy DCSH s1&2 @ from TRU.

Wow $13.99? Thats a buck more than here!

But yeah, Iam waiting too!

I didn't even know these figures were out yet, but I was perusing the action fig section at walmart and saw all of them on the pegs. I only had enough cash for two of them, so I pick up Supergirl and Doomsday. I picked up Doomsday cause I noticed he was only one per case but now I wish I would have gotten Superman instead of Supergirl cause I bet He'll be harder to find than she will.

So far she is a faster seller. He is 3 per case and she is two. I saw a tone of him last night and only a small handful of her.

Draven

Ah ok cool. She is defiantly an sweet figure, her legs can still move out despite the skirt(that just got a little dirty). I'll be pickin up Supes and Bizzaro probably today or tomrrow then, if they are still on the shelves.

Shes warming pegs and keeping Supes company here...

Wow $13.99? Thats a buck more than here!

But yeah, Iam waiting too!

Same here, they're 'only' $12.99 at the St. Laurent TRU. Wave 1 was $9.92 at Wal-Mart, so hopefully they'll stay that price or only increase just $1.

That Supergirl is going to be a pegwarmer for sure. IMO that version of her is just a terrible character. IMO the Supergirl figure should've looked hot and been dressed in the blue costume from the Superman/Batman comic, and not look like some butch chick from the 90's ready to head into a mosh pit.

[That Supergirl is going to be a pegwarmer for sure. IMO that version of her is just a terrible character. IMO the Supergirl figure should've looked hot and been dressed in the blue costume from the Superman/Batman comic, and not look like some butch chick from the 90's ready to head into a mosh pit.

Actually, she looks more like a comic book fangirl to me (I may have thought that when I saw the TAS Supergirl for the first time fully.)