True Gritt Customs-Update- whole lot of updates

Guest DavAnthony

Guest DavAnthony

Been awhile. I've had these done for awhile but never got around to photgraphing them. Now that things have opened up a bit, I had some time to work on some pictures and resume some commission work I started awhile back. I will ultimately have these up on my site with descriptions and parts but that's a couple of days or weeks away...For now enjoy the pictures

Dialtone

dialtone.jpg

dialtone2.jpg

dialtone3.jpg

Salvo

salvo.jpg

salvo2.jpg

salvo3.jpg

salvo4.jpg

Outback-redone-

outbacknew.jpg

outbacknew2.jpg

outbacknew3.jpg

Repeater

repeater.jpg

repeater3.jpg

repeater2.jpg

Footloose

footloose.jpg

footloose2.jpg

footloose3.jpg

Sci-Fi

scifi.jpg

scifi2.jpg

scifi3.jpg

Major Bludd

mjb.jpg

mjb2.jpg

To check out my other GiJoe customs please visit

http://www.loserville.us/~truegrittcustoms/

And check out the other great customizers over there at

looserville.

HOLY CRAP, those are well done! I've seen a lot of customizers try and "weather" their figures but no one's gotten it right except for you! That Dial Tone is a great new look too... looks very British somehow...

The Outback is great too, but I think using decals or stenciled lettering on the shirt would have made it perfect. Except for that, it's probably my favourite of the bunch.

Very nice customs Dave!

Guest DavAnthony

Thanks guys, I'm glad you all like them.

I wanted a different look for Dialtone and in the 1st GiJoe Transformers cross over by Devils Due they had a design I liked which is bascially what I based my custom on. It does have a British/French look though which is pretty cool, I wasn't even going for that and havne't made any figures with that look before. (Now I know where to kind of go with Big Ben)

I should have some more in a couple of weeks (hopefully)

Coming soon are:

Cobra Trooper-done

Blowtorch-almost

Backblast-done

Sgt Slaughter

Mercer

Jinx-almost

Heavy Duty-almost

Roadblock

High Tech-just about

I have to finish some commissions before I finish these up though

Thanks again for the comments

Dave

Dave- Good to see you back at it bro! Every one of these looks pretty spiffy. I think I like the Repeater most of all just for the overall effect and because you used that fantastic head from BBI's WW II Paratroopers. It's my personal fav of the bunch. Looking forwad to the rest with baited breath. -Alyosha

think I like the Repeater most of all just for the overall effect and because you used that fantastic head from BBI's WW II Paratroopers.

yeah, that head is fantastic. that's as close as you are going to get to matching the art from the Repeater card.

Good to see you back soldier. I've always thought your work was fantastic but I was wrong........they're just phenominal . Love the paint apps and the detailing and good choice of parts. I must say I can't even pick a favorite out of the bunch. Can't wait for more.

2FacE

Those are all very good, my favorite ones are Sci-Fi and Maj. Bludd. Color me impressed ;)

Some more great pieces nice work! I really like the Repeater if u have time u should slap some dit-camo on for fun he's missin it lol :). I'm also feelin that Sci fi but I think he looks more like Tripwire then Sci fi ;). And footloose I wouldn't be able to say enough good stuff about him nice work on all of them!

Guest DavAnthony

Thank you everyone for the compliments.

I agree with you all on the WWII head for Repeater. I had thought about using it for Lt. Falcon, but decided it's resemblance to the card art was pretty dead on.

I had also considered doing the digital camo on him but liked his look better this way and wanted to try something different by making him less "weathered" and more straight-laced (like he is the one Joe who has no weathering to his weapon because he keeps it in perfect order)

The idea I have for Tripwire is somewhat similiar to Sci-Fi but different. I felt that those two both had similiar design elements so I'm glad that came across in the custom.

I'm hoping to have some up in a couple of weeks and I'm pretty proud of how the Cobra Soilder I worked on came out.

Dave

Guest DavAnthony

HASBRO ARE U SEEING THIS!!!!!! ARE U!!!

THATS WHAT I WHANT DAMM IT!!!!!

I agree with you, I still think Hasbro is missing the boat in not making their Joes more reaslitic. Especially in today's market. However, I love the work Aloysha does with his figures, which is very different then mine but just as appealing to me.

I think the thing that most of us miss with Hasbro is the time, attention and thought that they don't put into the line.

Most of the customizers I like take time to use the characters personality in their custom. That is what made the original figures so great.

I have to say I've been more impressed with the current DTC figures. These finally look like they are being designed by fans who know the characters what they look like and what their personalities are.

You can tell that they are looking at the original figures and matching pieces with what they have. There is room for improvement I think but all in all I think GiJoe is getting better in the 3 3/4 scale.