Cobra mortal

novax213

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest McBragg

Ho-hum.

Same old Snake Eyes head but they use that Roadblock waist again. Hard hands so you can worry about breaking thumbs, too.

They must be worried about attendance if they are gonna reveal info about attendee exclusives before the con.

WOW! OMG! I am so very... underwhelmed... Really glad I decided not to go to the convention. That set is a complete waste of plastic...

They must be worried about attendance if they are gonna reveal info about attendee exclusives before the con.

they always announce these figures before the con.

I like it. sure the mold is tired and overused, but the mold is Cobra Mortal. kudos to the club for making this figure and providing many collecors to chance to own a figure they wouldn't have otherwise. this was a great idea on their part, better than just frankensteining another version of a character we have several of anyways.

this was a great idea on their part, better than just frankensteining another version of a character we have several of anyways.

I don't think this was an idea at all. It's just a copy of something that was already done 20 years ago. They had a chance to update the character and make a figure for the ages. Instead, they went the easy route and made a figure that's 2 decades old. I expect more from MC in their figure offerings as they've produced such a solid track record of sensible repaints and decent new figures. There was so much potential for this figure and it was all wasted producing a highly dated item that doesn't fit with most collections.

Man ,

The whole set is nothing but crap. What a lack of imagination and quick thinking from the Savage team to come up with. No sense of style or forethought.

What a waste of time and plastic. I am sure glad that I am not purchasing this set.

They should've hire Alyosha to help create the Con set. I bet it would've rock and sold-out before it even made it to the floor.

But that's wishful think. Afterall the "powers-that-be" sure do a lot of a''s kissing to get Hasbro's blessing.

db

Thought so.

This year's set is junk. It would have been worthwhile for MC to just have made extra sets of last years Iron Grenadier set, drop Destro, Mayhem, and Metal Head, and include some more army builders like the actual TARGAT which we now know they have.

Same old Snake Eyes head but they use that Roadblock waist again. Hard hands so you can worry about breaking thumbs, too.

I like it, but different waists are increasingly starting to bother me. I don't like the comic-pack Cobra Troopers or Night Watch set because of it.

But I still like it, so I'll probably get one. I mean, it's nothing special, and there are other foreign exclusives that I would have rather seen, but this is pretty cool too.

Guest McBragg

they always announce these figures before the con.

Yeah, but I did't mean the Con set, but the attendee stuff hinted at in their update,

You may be asking, "is that it, no more previews?" Well, there IS more to show - including a few figure images and art for this year's souvenirs!

or maybe I'm reading too much into, and the attendee bonus and other figures offered will still be secret until the convention. Well, we know Slaughter is one.

I think Cobra Mortal is the best figure of the set.

I have to say, I'm kinda underwhelmed, too. I was hoping for a newer body, and not just a rerererererelease of Snake Eyes. No offense to the old molds, but they look kinda wimpy in comparison to the newer ones. He looks like he's never exercised a day in his life.

I'm getting the con set this year, but I do think they kinda slacked off a bit. The concept is great, and the mold selection, for the most part, isn't even bad, but the paint selection is absolutely horrible. I think they need to consider Queer Eye for the Straight Master Collector.

I don't see why they didn't put together a new frankenmortal:

SE v3 or 4, Crimson Guard Immortal, or AVAC head

Shockwave v1 or 2 torso

Sludge Viper Arms

Wet Suit v3 Legs

Same hips would work fine.

Anyway, that's just a non-customizers thoughts, so I'm sure other guys could come up with way better recipes.

This Figure is Awesome!!! Come on now we Love the Snake Eyes Mold! Love the Chrome. This is the perfect represenation of the original figure. I do think he would look better if both legs were the same color.

mortalSM.jpg

I can see I'm definitly in the minority here, but I'm really diggin that figure. Not enought to be the entire set, but diggin it nonetheless. Maybe I'll get an extra comic pack SE and paint him.

I can see I'm definitly in the minority here, but I'm really diggin that figure. Not enought to be the entire set, but diggin it nonetheless. Maybe I'll get an extra comic pack SE and paint him.

You'll probably be able to pick it up on Ebay for around $10-15 right after the con, I wouldn't go to the trouble. Plus you won't be able to get the chrome effect very easily with paint.

Actually, this is maybe what I'll do too... Just get the Skull Troopers and the ones I like. I'm not convinced I want to spend all that money to get the Coils...

I agree with the thought that this is major cool! Major props to MC for doing this! I would love the trend to continue. This figure is one of my all time favs and the only one I ever had come through my hands was major worn and broken. I still got $500 for it though, so I am happy and now I can spend a small fraction of that and get this bad ass unworn fig! :D

Draven

I never understood the goffy paint on him.. I mean, I can under stand a chrome mask for Destro.. but half your suit chrome? um.. okay... I was kinda hoping for an updated version, seeing they always update the characters they use.. even ol' blood himself... oh well.. I'm not really impressed with the set as a whole, maybe if a chinese guy is selling them on ebay, I might get one here and there.

I like what they have done so far! I think it give people/collectors like me to get a copy of a figure that was so hard to come by even in that country. Thumbs up mastercollector! I got 2 sets awaitin me when I arrive at the con!

If this was a completly new figure htat MC created for the set, I wouldn't be into it but since it has already been out there, I like it for its nostalgic value. It makes me chuckle to think that a figure that looks like Plastimara halfa$$ly put together to make a buck is now going to be sold for around $20. :) Not to change the subject but I was just thinking, how cool would it be if SgtSlaughter was the parachute figure.

Wow! You guys don't seem happy with anything. I do agree that if alyohsa did a con set it would be awesome. The problem with that is cash ($). I am sure Master collector is happy doing it by himself and making all the cash. I wonder how many more he could sell if the figures were awesome.

I think this set is average, but I like the skull troopers