Can ML2 Thing fit...

Mystery Man

He can somewhat ride it, but he looks very large on it, and it looks quite interesting. The ML2 Thing is much larger then the FA one, so the choice is yours, just keep in mind the size difference.

Nuff Said

series 11 thing looks like a kid with down syndrom on that bike.....there i said it..the thing that everyone else was afraid to say.. i said it. sorry.....just had to get that off my chest.

series 11 thing looks like a kid with down syndrom on that bike.....there i said it..the thing that everyone else was afraid to say.. i said it. sorry.....just had to get that off my chest.

You are not the only one who thinks FA Thing looks ##$%$#ed..no offense to anyone who's mentally challenged out there.

I think the "##$%$#ed" look is kind of unfair--the character did look like that in the first issues of Fantastic Four.

Originally, I was wary of the figure, I did not like the tesselated pattern to the rocks on his body. Once I opened the figure and played around with it ( like with many Marvel Legends characters I didn't like before) the toy won me over.

I count it as a favourite now.

Additionally, just two days ago, I finally addressed the one complaint I have about the figure: the hover-bike.

I did not like how it had no control items on it, say for handle bars.

One thing I've always wanted to attempt is to model the "Kirby-tech"--the technology style of Jack Kirby--in a 3D form. Its kind of easy in that its really just a congolmeration of hapharzard shapes and such, placed in a stylised arrangement.

Well, I grabbed a box of small intricate model parts--stuff like 1/35 scale tank mines, Warhammer 40K weapon bits and other hodge-podge things.

I just crazy-glued down a few parts onto the facing betrween the handlebars where some instruments would go, a part or two on the underside of that fairing and painted the stuff silver. Now the Thing has some knobs and gizmos on his bike to make it look like it does something--and the bike looks ten times cooler.

I think the "##$%$#ed" look is kind of unfair--the character did look like that in the first issues of Fantastic Four.

He did? My impression of the Thing's early appearances has been less a tesselated scaling and more lumpy hardened mud.

I think that's the problem most people have with the figure: Not only is it ugly, but it just doesn't resemble Kirby's work- it's more of a sculpter's idea of what Kirby was trying to draw, and as a result dosen't look much like the source.

He did? My impression of the Thing's early appearances has been less a tesselated scaling and more lumpy hardened mud.

I think that's the problem most people have with the figure: Not only is it ugly, but it just doesn't resemble Kirby's work- it's more of a sculpter's idea of what Kirby was trying to draw, and as a result dosen't look much like the source.

No, you are correct, he DID look like lumpy mud--I was refering to the face. Me bad.

The "tiled" ( tesselated) rocks are still a "problem" with the figure, but its a minor one.

He looks great on the hover-bike, imo.

Its kind of funny that the figure is called "ugly" though, because with the Thing, that's the whole idea!

lol, well ugly or cute what ever your preference is, i still think ml11 thing looks ugly. infact all the FA figs look fugly, but i guess they are suposed to resemble the early art of comics. hence why they are called first appearance figures