Last Con Entry!

Lt Falcon

I think most of us feel that way, but who knows? Maybe if this set does well we may very well see a convention de Aco.

They gotta figure that if they're going to recast parts, they might as well do the de Aco/Flash/Grand Slam torso pieces. They'd certainly be able to get their money back with the amount of figures they'd be able to do with them.

That is what I really was hoping for. If Hasbro would have retooled that Aco/Flash/GrandSlam torso and split some costs with MasterCollector and cut them a deal to use it first.... then Hasbro could have reeped the benefits by casting molds of Flash and GrandSlam in comicpack form. COME ON bigwigs at toy corporations think outside the box...

BUT no, they are going to give us a freaking Snake Eyes repaint.

yeah, thanks for that extra effort in a foreign figure, really thanks , its really appreciative and shows that you care about us the common Joe collector.....

@firedevil@

Well, I really doubt that they're just going to do a re-release of Snake-Eyes V1. The figure would be too plain to go with the rest of the set. Look at your Snake-Eyes V1, and judge for yourself... Quite plain, yes? Yes, good, glad we agree.

-Kevin

plain? the figure is going to be silver,red and black! i think it will rule if the do it right we'll find out on monday i guess?

TM

plain? the figure is going to be silver,red and black! i think it will rule if the do it right we'll find out on monday i guess?

TM

@loll@

thats you being funny right....

@smilepunch@

Well, I really doubt that they're just going to do a re-release of Snake-Eyes V1. The figure would be too plain to go with the rest of the set. Look at your Snake-Eyes V1, and judge for yourself... Quite plain, yes? Yes, good, glad we agree.

-Kevin

TM

I have no doubt they'll do it right... But I think using the V1 body is too plain for them. Look at the Lady Jaye from Operation Anaconda... While the worst figure, in my eyes, it was still done right. :-P

And I'll just have to find myself another $700 now to add two more boxes/bags to my Convention order! :-)

-Kevin

I am glad that we did not get De Aco actually lol. I give a lot of credit to the club for surprising most of us as I did not even know about this character. I am sure that the figure will be done right and eagerly await pictures of the figure as well as any additional stuff that we might be getting too.

What a lazy way to go by using a mold that has been done to death.From the pic at Master Collector it does indeed look to be Snake eyes v1 body with a possible new head.Then again it may just be a repainted Snake eyes head.Lazy.Lazy.Lazy.

it's not lazy. I think the intention is obvious, to give collectors the chance to own a figure that they would probably otherwise never own. the key word being FIGURE, not CHARACTER, thus we do not get a new version of him, instead a repsoduction of him that will vary slightly.

I'm aware of the intentions behind the figure.It's just that side by side with the other figures in the set it will look out of place due to how slender and plain the mold is.For the price of the convention set we should be blown away with the use of molds that we haven't seen in a while.Out of the 5 molds in this set 2 have been used within the last year(and one of them to death I might add).Including Mortal in the set is a great idea I was just hoping for more when it came to use of parts.

What a lazy way to go by using a mold that has been done to death.From the pic at Master Collector it does indeed look to be Snake eyes v1 body with a possible new head.Then again it may just be a repainted Snake eyes head.Lazy.Lazy.Lazy.

it's not lazy. I think the intention is obvious, to give collectors the chance to own a figure that they would probably otherwise never own. the key word being FIGURE, not CHARACTER, thus we do not get a new version of him, instead a repsoduction of him that will vary slightly.

I'm aware of the intentions behind the figure.It's just that side by side with the other figures in the set it will look out of place due to how slender and plain the mold is.For the price of the convention set we should be blown away with the use of molds that we haven't seen in a while.Out of the 5 molds in this set 2 have been used within the last year(and one of them to death I might add).Including Mortal in the set is a great idea I was just hoping for more when it came to use of parts.

In another thread about this, there's a few comments about how they mentioned how hard it was to "do him right"... Makes me think they're not going to use the V1 mold again... I'm so on the fence about this. :-P

-Kevin

This has potential to be a good figure provided they use the right paint apps. Im digging this set. If I can get my finances sorted out by next month, I will pick up a set.

I am glad that we did not get De Aco actually lol. I give a lot of credit to the club for surprising most of us as I did not even know about this character. I am sure that the figure will be done right and eagerly await pictures of the figure as well as any additional stuff that we might be getting too.

I love your optimism. Hopefully he will look Fresh. He is a good choice in bringing back possibly the rarest and funkiest Cobra figure ever made. But Im still Praying for a Future Cobra De Aco. Over all I think this set is the best one since the Crimson set.