alleyviperelite

Repeater

Repeater022.jpg

This is a custom I have wanted to do for a long time. As a kid I remember the day I bought Repeater and the first day I geared him up. One of the coolest figures in the whole line when geared up. But I never played with him much. Without the gun he was kinda lame in my eyes. Of course he did get some time in as a manager in my joe rasslin' federation but otherwise he stayed in the toybox or else in the back lines laying down cover fire.

Now that I said all that, notice that my custom does not have the sweet gear of the original. But he does get a Marauder Inc. gun, since I'm not too creative when it comes to weaponry. On the custom it was all about me getting the neato digital camo done.

I knew this was going to be the figure I repainted after I got the Night HUMVEE but I had to wait for the SAW Viper repaint so i could get it cheap. The head is Ace and the arms are Duke. I'm still not sold on the removable hat since it looks kinda big but I failed at sculpting a hat on another less fortunate Ace head. Let me know what you think.

Repeater027.jpg

Wow, that body really fits the character well! I wouldn't mind seeing Hasbro doing something similar.

As for the hat, yeah, you're right... it does look too big, but that's not your fault. You can switch the head later if you find something better. I like him with the SAW, too. The old one is too Aliens-ish.

wow he looks great. awsome paint job great part choices i used the same chest and lowwer legs and hat for mine. it works great for him. im realy digging this custom.

Lookin' good, but I would have left the flaps the same color as the vest. I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be the bottom part of it.

Lookin' good, but I would have left the flaps the same color as the vest. I'm pretty sure they are supposed to be the bottom part of it.

Really? I disagree - they look like the bottom of the BDU jacket, not part of the vest. Plus, it wouldn't look as much like the RAH version if he did that.

looks pretty good! what head is that? looks like the guy from goodfellas....ray whatshisname?

TM

looks pretty good! what head is that? looks like the guy from goodfellas....ray whatshisname?

TM

Hehe, he does look a bit like Ray Liotta!

I kind of want to see some Goodfellas/Godfather/Sopranos GI Joes now...

Like the other people said, I think you need to change the head, the hat looks too big on that head. If you do plan on keeping it, I'd repaint the upper eyelids, I can see some white and he looks like he has makeup on ;)

I like how he has the look of the original, not too many Repeater customs out there. Has anyone else made one lately?

OH and the "flaps" are supposed to be the same color as the uniform, I have that Duke that came with the Desert Hummer, and he has a different upper body, but he still had those "flaps".

Very cool custom alleyviperelite! Great update to the original.

Thanks for all of the kind words.

The skirt/flaps are supposed to be part of the uniform and not the vest. Just look at the DTC SAW Viper or the Night HUMVEE Rollbar.

I have a solution to the head problem being painted now. I originally thought the hat was too big for the head but after seeing the first three posts I realized the head was too small for the hat. With some searching through my head drawer adn some whittling while at work I have decided to go with the DTC Salvo head. I get the serious look and square jaw but I also get a bigger head that fills up the hat so it doesn't look so big now. I hope to have pics up tonight.

Oh and that head used to belong to Ace. I never saw the resemblance until now. Maybe because I have never painted the hair black before.

Heeeeeeeere's the update all geared up too. Now he has the DTC Salvo head, an MP5 (I think) for a backup weapon, and a nice big backpack for the long stays in the field.

Repeater1.jpg

Much better!!! And yeah, it's hard to tell because of the angle, but I'm pretty sure that's an MP5.

Thats a nice looking repeater, but i would like to see someone use the original waist from Repeater and make it a new sculpt custom.

Just use the original waist, newsculpt arms, torso, and legs, then you can use the awesome gun that came with him.

Its that amazing Aliens style gun that makes Repeater who he is.

I like the new head. Perfect!