CON BOX ART POSTED TODAY

Arashikage Storm

That is some nice box art. I can't quite see these two merc teams in the same room, with guns, and not firing at each other--eliminate the competition first!

I hope the mystery figure doesn't end up being someone lame. I have enough versions of Firefly and Stormshadow to suit me. These characters are not lame, don't get me wrong. I'm just not in the mood for having the same mold with a slightly different color schema being the special figure in this set. I'm hoping it is indeed a foreign character, just to introduce some new blood.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They said it was a mystery guest from south america so it won't be firefly or stormshadow. Plus, like you said scarface, there are a lot fo versions of them already and even though they are fan favorites Master collector seems smart enough not to go that route.

if you look at the shape of the head, its somebody wearing a mask and a visor to me anyway, it's de aco im almost 100% possitive or one of the other foriegn versions of snake eyes invasor or mortal...if it aint...i'll eat a bug! ;)

TM

First of all, as we don't know much about Firefly's origin, it is altogether possible he originates from South America, so I'm not ruling it out (though I doubt this is the case).

I admit the outline of the mystery figure lends speculation that it is a masked individual. Sayyyy...I don't suppose it could be either of those two foreign ninjas, Satan and Ninja-Ku? I hope it's not more of the ninja crap. We've already had the ninja pack not that long ago. I'd prefer some loner, Punisher type character. I know some have said there was a clue that he kills with a single shot, but that does not necessarily mean gunshot. I'm not even certain if it is based upon an idea already introduced or whether it is an entirely new creation.

Is the mystery figure being revealed this week, or is the box art this week's release with the mystery figure being released next week? Even once we get to see who it is, the bigger question for me is who will be released in the 2 and 3 figure packs. I assume whoever is released will complement Sgt. Slaughter, but will they be regular Joes who've come to help him, will they be some of the old Renegades or Marauders, or will they be prospective Renegades going through their training? Then there's the question mark regarding what the vehicles will be. These questions will only be answered on the day of the convention, so I must impatiently wait.

I have to agree that the target sillouhette looks like Mercer, which gives me one more good reason to attend this year. :D On a side note, I'm going to say Gnawgahyde as the mystery man: it just seems like a bald man, and I can't imagine Cobra de Acao's muscles bulging like that.

I thought so too, at first. If you look more closely at the upper left corner, though, you'll see come letters. I'd swear it actually says DUKE. On the whole of it, it doesn't seem to make sense as he shouldn't be a target on this mission, but they're just firing at generic targets. There were probably a few extra Duke shooting targets as he is higher up in the echelons and is a more attractive target. It's the Vipers that really had it in for Mercer since he turned coat and joined the Joes.

In regards to mystery man, I'm feeling better about him. I was worried he might be a ninja, but studying the outline you can see what appear to be heavy boots, pants, and perhaps a flak jacket or heavy vest. Either he is bald or wearing some sort of mask. In any event, it looks nothing like a ninja. More likely it's some kind of hitman type of character.

if that is Mercer or Duke on the target, then they will be part of one of the exclusive souvenirs.. looks like lame ol' Sgt Slaughter will be too.

if that is Mercer or Duke on the target, then they will be part of one of the exclusive souvenirs.. looks like lame ol' Sgt Slaughter will be too.

Or they could be just "names" that MC used. I think that we have more of a chance in getting the renagades or mauraders than duke, but then again, this is GIJCC and they are known to surprise the collectors.

THis is a good BOX art.

Firefly is from the US and was supposedly the first american to be trained in martialarts in Japan, so you could rule him out as being from S. America.

My vote is in Cobra de Aco, but they don't have Flash's and Grandslam's chest pieces, but they could have retooled those, then Hasbro could then use them to finish the original 13 in comic pack format. The head does look like SnakeEyes' s gogles from the comicpack #21.

Who knows who the mistery figure is.

BUT the Joes do look like Slaughters Marauders, especialy the mercs. What if its Mercer as a Cobra before he defected.

BUT the Joes do look like Slaughters Marauders, especialy the mercs. What if its Mercer as a Cobra before he defected.

on his file card it says mercer is from spencer,west virginia so he's ruled out! ;)

TM

My vote is in Cobra de Aco, but they don't have Flash's and Grandslam's chest pieces, but they could have retooled those, then Hasbro could then use them to finish the original 13 in comic pack format. The head does look like SnakeEyes' s goggles from the comic pack #21.

Oh man, I didn't even think of that! Now I want it to be Cobra de Aco more than ANYTHING! (And I would buy the set then, if only to reward MC for retooling those pieces!)

I have to agree that the target sillouhette looks like Mercer, which gives me one more good reason to attend this year. :D On a side note, I'm going to say Gnawgahyde as the mystery man: it just seems like a bald man, and I can't imagine Cobra de Acao's muscles bulging like that.

I thought so too, at first. If you look more closely at the upper left corner, though, you'll see come letters. I'd swear it actually says DUKE. On the whole of it, it doesn't seem to make sense as he shouldn't be a target on this mission, but they're just firing at generic targets. There were probably a few extra Duke shooting targets as he is higher up in the echelons and is a more attractive target. It's the Vipers that really had it in for Mercer since he turned coat and joined the Joes.

In regards to mystery man, I'm feeling better about him. I was worried he might be a ninja, but studying the outline you can see what appear to be heavy boots, pants, and perhaps a flak jacket or heavy vest. Either he is bald or wearing some sort of mask. In any event, it looks nothing like a ninja. More likely it's some kind of hitman type of character.

Ah, but as far as target ranges go, the name on the corner of the target would be the name of the person shooting. This way, the superior officer (Major Bludd, in this case) can go through the targets to see how everyone shoots in case he doesn't want to stand there for every man to go through all of his rounds.

some of you guys are smokin... nobody is saying the mystery figure is Mercer... they are saying the target profile looks like him.

the other profile IS Slaughter.. so you can bet he will be sold seperately there

Ah, but as far as target ranges go, the name on the corner of the target would be the name of the person shooting. This way, the superior officer (Major Bludd, in this case) can go through the targets to see how everyone shoots in case he doesn't want to stand there for every man to go through all of his rounds.

That may be, but that doesn't mean the artist followed standard convention--not everyone is familiar with firing ranges. Also, the reason that I believe the writing in the upper corner is the name of the target is because the targets being fired upon are specialized, not generic. Anyone can see that the center target is Sgt. Slaughter, and sure enough the wording in the upper corner is a bit lengthy and could well say 'Slaughter'. It would help if we knew the name of the mystery person to help answer that question.

Guys the set is a "mercenary" set. Technically, ninjas are not mercs. Scarface, I believe there are rumours that Firefly is from asia, or his parents were from there. You are right, he could be from South america as no one truly knows. Master collector mentioned the figure is from South America so Iam going with

Cobra invasor, cobramortal or cobra d aco. Which one are people most hyped about, Cobra de aco. I believe it to be that as master collector knows that this figure will sell the set.

well i found out today who the mystery figure is! it aint who we thought! apperantly Master Collecter decided to go a different way and made up there own original mercenary character

i got this news from high up, people so i belive it to be true!

His name is "happy steve the buggerin brazillian" supposed to be a crack shot...and always gets his man...in the end?

sounds cool to me i cant wait for this set!! WOO HOO!!

TM

:)

His name is "happy steve the buggerin brazillian" supposed to be a crack shot...and always gets his man...in the end?

Really? I heard that they found the old Streetfighter Blanka mold and decided to include him in the set. He is from Brazil, you know. That's why he's the 'mystery figure'. They know people will be disappointed, so they made the conscious decision to draw it out before they lay us out with the disappointing news.