Interesting Find Today

madman1366

The version that was recalled comes with the Gaming card, the one I bought did not.

Is it a different sculpt or something? Mine doesn't have a card either.

I've seen them both carded, but I'm not sure if they have a different sculpt.

Hey, snagging a figure you want while someone looks for a Dr Strange doesn't make you a jerk, it makes you perceptive! (ive done that too)

I've seen them both MOC, the figures I've seen both had the SAME sculpt.

Heh, I'm glad you approve of my tactics. :D

Also found a variant Cyclops at some far off target about 1 month ago o_O

I've been wanting that figure for awhile now, great find!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, there is no version of the Scarlet Witch actual mass-produced figure's sculpt that was recalled.

The story is that supposedly by the test-shot period I guess, Jesse was still not happy with the sculpt of the figure so he recalled the molds and they redid certain parts (lower torso and pelvis I believe). They then released a small amount of the versions with cards in the package which started going for ridiculous prices (like $150 on eBay). After that they started releasing a regular amount of the ones with no cards in the package, which gradually brought the price down to what it is now (around retail or a few dollars over).

I believe that some more of the ones with trading cards were released at the same time (and in some cases, to the same stores) as the non-card ones.

One thing that makes me think this is that I walked into a local WM a few months ago and found 1 card and 1 non-card version SW sitting on the pegs alongside a lone HBIM figure and a bunch of the more common stuff from that wave (no Tasky though!).

Funny enough, I have seen a pic with what looks to be two different molds for the pelvis in sealed packages, though I have never seen both versions in person. Not sure which version(s) I own.

Actually, there is no version of the Scarlet Witch actual mass-produced figure's sculpt that was recalled.

The story is that supposedly by the test-shot period I guess, Jesse was still not happy with the sculpt of the figure so he recalled the molds and they redid certain parts (lower torso and pelvis I believe). They then released a small amount of the versions with cards in the package which started going for ridiculous prices (like $150 on eBay). After that they started releasing a regular amount of the ones with no cards in the package, which gradually brought the price down to what it is now (around retail or a few dollars over).

Toybiz never released the figure. According to Jesse's response over at Fwoosh, the factory they were working with at the time recieved orders from Toybiz to scrap the figure due to its poor quality. The factory didn't make the figure to the original design specs and Toybiz did not want it released. The factory shipped it out anyway. So every Scarlet Witch released was shipped by this factory in cases without Toybiz's consent. As a result Toybiz cancelled all deals with this factory and will no longer use it. Both the version with and without cards were shipped in cases directly to retailers, Toybiz never touched them and so couldn't remove them.

There is a Meijer here that still has 2 Nick Fury's on the pegs...and they still have not reduced the price.

Got you bet buddy, one of the two Walmarts in Auburn have about 8 Nick Fury's and that's all they have had for about 6 months till they got a case of 12 a few weeks ago.

Draven

LOL. Are they still full price, too? This store has cycled Wave 9-11 through (haven't seen 12 there yet) and those have been on the pegs the whole time and they refuse to drop the price. If they did i would buy them just so I wouldn't have to look at them everytime I got there...

Man you guys are lucky, Over here in Cali I think every ML carrying store has been raided, I would like to get Nick fury for under 10$ but even the Rite Aid in the middle of no where still only had one lonley sad Prof X

The version that was recalled comes with the Gaming card, the one I bought did not.

Hey, snagging a figure you want while someone looks for a Dr Strange doesn't make you a jerk, it makes you perceptive! (ive done that too)

gadgetluva: THAT is VERY weird. Do you suppose there was a limited 2nd secret wave of her? ^_^

Haha, maybe. Mine has a card. Is THAT weird?

IMG_0205.JPG

You can see her in that pic.

uh with or without the card doesn't matter at all. I have seen 20 plus figures of each.

the very first shipments of ML11 had the recalled Scarlet Witch in it.

they fixed it and you can see the difference between later shipments.

the 2nd one shipped with the card, as did every figure in ML11... and it shipped without the card, as did every figure in ML11.

uh with or without the card doesn't matter at all. I have seen 20 plus figures of each.

the 2nd one shipped with the card, as did every figure in ML11... and it shipped without the card, as did every figure in ML11.

I need that :The More You Know: NBC picture with the star.

gadgetluva: THAT is VERY weird. Do you suppose there was a limited 2nd secret wave of her? ^_^

IMG_0205.JPG

Cool pic... I have the same lamp in my office... office depot? @smilepunch@

IMG_0205.JPG

Cool pic... I have the same lamp in my office... office depot? @smilepunch@

Walmart :D

Well, there we have it. I was mis-informed then on the whole recalled figure/card/no card stuff. I do know one thing though, I've gotten a headache trying to keep track of these shipments of ML11SW and ML13 with the cards or without them.

Last weeks I happened to find a Sasquatch varient at Target sitting next to a Scarlet Witch, bought Sasquatch.

@hmmm@ Lucky...very lucky. I'd love to find that Sasquatch variant somewhere.

Ok, now I just found a series 3 movie Daredevil at target! Series 3?! If this keeps up, I'm gonna start finding series 1 figs! And yet the Giant Man wave STILL eludes me. (sigh)

I hope so, I got a late late start on collecting these things, although I bought a Series 5 Colossus back in the day when I came across him randomly at a TRU when I was shopping for a gift. I bought him but never really thought about even looking up what Marvel Legends even was :P

I found a Nick Fury at a K-mart along with a series 2 Human tourch. I picked up the Fury but left the tourch. It had the gold four on his chest. Is that some king of varient or somthing if it is I will go back and pick it up.

I'm pretty sure the one gold 4 on it's chest is rarer than the one without it.

I'm pretty sure the one gold 4 on it's chest is rarer than the one without it.

Actually, it should be yellow. If it's actually metalic gold colored then that's something no one has ever heard of and probably worth like $1000.

And the one without the 4 on chest is harder to find than the one with 4 on chest. Ask any of the guys around here that keep track of such things.

first Legends figures i ever bought were from work. we just got a case of Apocalypse line figures in and the whole case was nothing but variants. i bought em and opened em all to make Apocalypse. wish i had saved them because now im trying to buy them again so i can keep them MOC

About a year ago I was at a Hudsons, and they had about 20 Gold Iron Man from Series 1 for about $5.00 per fig. I when back a week later to get some they were all gone. @grumpy@

I'm going to say that you should have bought all 20 and sold them for a fair price instead of the scalpers getting their hands on em.