GI Joe the Video Game

nov316

In regards to the NES games, I am wondering when they release the Revolution (w/ the option for downloading older games online) if they will have the two NES games available.

Cool, thanks... yeah I got it now.

no prob! youre going to have tons of fun with it. I had first tried downloading this way back in 1999 just so I could play Atari's Arcade "RETURN OF THE JEDI" and I had it working for 2 minute until I screwed t up. My friend walked me through it last year and I have been having fun ever since. I have alwys been an arcade junkie and I had wished for years that the original games be released in thier original state but systems like SONY, NINTENDO, XBOX were coasting alot to maintain and this MAME is totally FREE. thats the best part!

can you believe there is a service that allows you to play these same exact games online for a monthly fee? theyre trying to do the same thing as they did to Napster. dam theives!

Yeah, it's pretty cool... Man, I remember playing a lot of these games in the ol' arcades as a kid! Awesome...

As for the monthly service fees for games and songs... Well, if people feel they're being immoral by not paying, whatever. As far as I'm concerned, this is just sharing, and it's not piracy unless someone's making money by selling this stuff illegally, so I'm with you!

exactly, as long as no one profits off of it, it's 100% ok.

Who are the playable characters in this? Or could anyone describe the game?

You can have up to 4 players on the screen at one time: Duke v3, Scarlett v1, Snake-Eyes v4, and Roadblock v2 (I think).

You basically just run towards Cobra instilations shoting at the various Cobra troopers and vehicles that come running at you. Once you get to the end of the level you fight a boss. The first boss are the Crimson Twins who get into one of the Iron Grenadier vehicles, the second boss is Metal Head, and the third boss if I remember correctly was the Baroness, I've never bgotten any further than that myself. The game IMO has both a DiC and Sunbow feel to it. In the opening scenes you see Cobra Commander standing before a bunch of Cobra Blue Shirts and later it shows the big Cobra Heli-Carrier from the Sunbow cartoon. I also feel the images of the charaters next to their life bar also seem Sunbow inspired. As you play however the "Got to Get Tough" theme song from the DiC show is playing and of course many of the Cobras and vehicles you fight are from the DiC era though the Crimson Twins and Cobra Blue Shirts definitely are not.

If I remember correctly, you then fight Target (guy with a jetpack), Destro riding in a Cobra Hammerhead, and then finally Cobra Commander...twice. The graphics could be a lot better and targeting isn't that great using a keyboard, but it's still a fun game overall.

What is the deal with the Cobra Troopers in this game anyway? I always assumed they were just Blue Shirts but they actually look more like Battle Helmet Cobra Commanders. I suppose maybe they are supposed to be Vipers but they have long sleeves and no black vests. Whoever they are, their colors change has you progress through the game. They start out blue, then purple, then white.

I followed PitVIpers instructions but I can't seem to figure out how to play the game.

I have both Mame32 and the GiJoe game saved on mydocuments.... but from there I get confused as how to unzip it and play it.

Can you help me out?

Much appreciated.

Don't unzip the file - just put it in the rom folder.

I think that is where Im having trouble. How do you just put the GiJoe game into the Rom Folder. And if I unzipped it already is that bad or could it be undone.

Once I open the game from Mame32 it just says that it cannot be found.

Yeah, you might just have to delete the files, and download 'em again. The same thing happened to me, so I got rid of them. Once I downloaded them again, I just dragged the zip file into the folder, and they worked.