GI Joe the Video Game

nov316

You guys remember a the coin-op video game GI JOE by konami? I sure didnt, it came out in '92, I was in the Navy by then and never saw it at the arcade.

Well my buddy found it on some mame??? or something like that site. It lets you play old game on your computer.

Its lame compared to video games now, but it was hella fun playing it. Esp seeing the cobra troops and vehicles.

I got killed a bunch of time because I was laughing my A$$ everytime some new trooper or vehicle showed up.

Just thought Id see if you guys remember playing it.

I remember it. It used to be in a local 7/11.

I played it a few times but don't remember it much

So where did you find it at and played it.

You must share your info..... please.

A local comic shop has one. I've never played it, though.

yup MAME was the site he used and you can change the controls. I tell you one thing without unlimited credits this game would have cost you a USS FLAGG in quaters to beat it when we were kids.

yup MAME was the site he used and you can change the controls. I tell you one thing without unlimited credits this game would have cost you a USS FLAGG in quaters to beat it when we were kids.

Yeah, that's why I never beat it! I seem to remember getting up to Metalhead, however far that was. I just wasn't impressed with it enough to keep feeding quarters to the machine. The new price of $0.00 might be enough to convince me to give it another try later, though.

I have tried and tried to get my MAME G.I.Joe game to work yet I never could. I wish someone would give me step-by-step instructions. <_<

I was having trouble last night.

1. Get MAME32 if you don't already have it.

2. Then get the G.I. JOE ROM. I found mine at RomHustler.net.

3. Once you have got the ROM - DO NOT UNZIP it! Instead take the entire unzipped file and place it in the "roms" folder which is found in the Mame32 folder. Again, DO NOT UNZIP the file.

4. Open the Mame32 application.

5. Scroll down the list of games in the second column until you find one that says G.I. JOE.

6. Double-Click on G.I. JOE. Make sure the G.I. JOE game you double-click on the one you downloaded. There are 3 versions: World, Japan, and US.

From there the game should load. It will ask you some question and you should type as it instructs "OK", then hit any key.

#US1#

Yeah I remember that game. You can also find some other cool classic arcade, NES, and PC games at this site:

www.game-oldies.com

One of the games is a NES GIJOE game, but it's hard to even get past the first boss, which is Road Pig.

I have that game. I have yet top get past the first level. I have the other NES Joe game on my computer and I can't get past the first level on it either.

I downloaded this a while back. Pretty awesome just seeing the twins or alley vipers on the screen. The mame version i downloaded was pretty glitchy though. I've been looking to buy the actual coin op but havent been able to find it.

-saboteur

This MAME thing is cool, but I can't seem to get my new Gamepad to work with it... It's a Logitech Dual Action analog... anyone know how I can get this thing to work? I can't find anything on the MAME FAQ...

This MAME thing is cool, but I can't seem to get my new Gamepad to work with it... It's a Logitech Dual Action analog... anyone know how I can get this thing to work? I can't find anything on the MAME FAQ...

well, first off.....you dont have to download the disc that comes with it. you should be able to plug it right into your computer and it will search for the device. it takes a couple of minutes. other than that, it should work perfectly. most games will work with it. others may have diffaculties. but for a good majority of them, you really shouldnt have a problem. GI JOE gave me no problems. some other games require more ram on your computer, like sega's arcade 'star wars trilogy". there is so much power it requires for that one.

but if your talking about the way the game pad reacts in most games, you will have to go into your:

1. mame "options"

2. "default game options"

3. "controllers"

4. "analog deadzone" and decrease it by 5 increments, until you feel that you have acheived the right speed for your controller.

well, first off.....you dont have to download the disc that comes with it. you should be able to plug it right into your computer and it will search for the device. it takes a couple of minutes. other than that, it should work perfectly. most games will work with it. others may have diffaculties. but for a good majority of them, you really shouldnt have a problem. GI JOE gave me no problems. some other games require more ram on your computer, like sega's arcade 'star wars trilogy". there is so much power it requires for that one.

but if your talking about the way the game pad reacts in most games, you will have to go into your:

1. mame "options"

2. "default game options"

3. "controllers"

4. "analog deadzone" and decrease it by 5 increments, until you feel that you have acheived the right speed for your controller.

Cool, thanks... yeah I got it now.

no prob! youre going to have tons of fun with it. I had first tried downloading this way back in 1999 just so I could play Atari's Arcade "RETURN OF THE JEDI" and I had it working for 2 minute until I screwed t up. My friend walked me through it last year and I have been having fun ever since. I have alwys been an arcade junkie and I had wished for years that the original games be released in thier original state but systems like SONY, NINTENDO, XBOX were coasting alot to maintain and this MAME is totally FREE. thats the best part!

can you believe there is a service that allows you to play these same exact games online for a monthly fee? theyre trying to do the same thing as they did to Napster. dam theives!

no prob! youre going to have tons of fun with it. I had first tried downloading this way back in 1999 just so I could play Atari's Arcade "RETURN OF THE JEDI" and I had it working for 2 minute until I screwed t up. My friend walked me through it last year and I have been having fun ever since. I have alwys been an arcade junkie and I had wished for years that the original games be released in thier original state but systems like SONY, NINTENDO, XBOX were coasting alot to maintain and this MAME is totally FREE. thats the best part!

can you believe there is a service that allows you to play these same exact games online for a monthly fee? theyre trying to do the same thing as they did to Napster. dam theives!

Yeah, it's pretty cool... Man, I remember playing a lot of these games in the ol' arcades as a kid! Awesome...

As for the monthly service fees for games and songs... Well, if people feel they're being immoral by not paying, whatever. As far as I'm concerned, this is just sharing, and it's not piracy unless someone's making money by selling this stuff illegally, so I'm with you!