NFL Creates "Flexible Schedule" for Final Weeks of the Season

Ugly Bulldog

After several years of debate, the NFL will go ahead with a flexible schedule starting for the 2006 season. The league will hold off scheduling Sunday night games for Weeks 10-15 and 17, just as playoff races start heating up. This plan will ensure that the best games are played on NBC's new Sunday night timeslot.

Here's the rundown:

--Begins Sunday, Nov. 12 in Week 10.

--In effect Weeks 10-15 and Week 17. Plan not in effect Week 16 because of holiday weekend.

--Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved to Sunday night.

--During flex weeks, majority of Sunday games will be listed at 1 p.m. ET, except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time Zones, which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.

--Thursday, Saturday and Monday night games not affected.

--NFL will give 12 days notice if a game is being moved to the 8:15 p.m. ET time slot and also may announce games moving to 4:15 p.m. ET.

--CBS and Fox each can protect a total of five games in seven weeks of flexible scheduling, but not more than one game per week.

-Source: NFL

• 1 month later...

I think it is great.. I have the NFL ticket anyways, so I get to watch all the games, but its a great idea.

whatever lets me watch the best games, and more of them, I am all for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is great.. I have the NFL ticket anyways, so I get to watch all the games, but its a great idea.

whatever lets me watch the best games, and more of them, I am all for it.

I'm with you there CLAM