Free S6 Soldier figure at TRU! Sale thru Sat 4/8

Ashtalon

I just popped into my local TRU before closing. Wed are usually their new stuff day, but apparently I lucked out since they had new stuff on carts. I found 3 cases of DTC Wave 3, so I robbed them of all their Cobra Troopers and an extra Grand Slam. What can I say? I'm an Army Builder.

Anyway, I noticed a wire bin with Sigma 6 figures. It had a sign above it for a Free Sigma 6 Figure ($9.99 value) when you spend $20 or more on GI Joe stuff. They also had a sign in the Joe section. Well, I was definately spending over $20, so I grabbed a S6 Tunnel Rat. I already have him, but I wouldn't mind another of his SMG, grenades, and pistol. I could have grabbed a Ninja BAT, but 2 is enough for me. Unfortunately, they didn't have the second Soldier wave. Sure enough, Tunnel Rat rang up for free!

So if anybody is planning on spending $20 on Joe this week at TRU, pick up a free Sigma 6 Soldier figure. You can use it for custom fodder, extra gear, a gift, or just to try S6 out if you haven't already.

It stated the sale was good through 4/8 which is Saturday.

Good hunting.

No I don't think that will work for what u brought last week. Hey thanks for the heads up I just picked up 4 more army builders and figured why not get the free bat! Worst comes to worst if I don't want the bat I give it to my son he can army build them ;).

Actually it did work today, all I did was present them my receipt and the lady returned the stuff I bought electronically and re-bought them onto another receipt along with the S6 figure. You might have to find a nice salesperson for them to do it but it worked nonetheless. I got Kamakura and so far I don't like them too much, as he's my first S6 figure but I can't complain as it was free.

wow they realy want to get rid of the s6 crap lol. i bet thats the only way to move it off the shelves.

Just like in the past when TRU did all those buy 2 two-packs get 1 free or buy $20 with of GI Joe product and get a two pack free. They really wanted to get rid of all that 3.75 crap. :rolleyes:

It's a common sales promotion tactic that TRU uses. You shouldn't read into that much. Hopefully my TRU will have some more Viper Lockdows or Cobra Troopers so I can take advantage of this sale and get some more S6 Ninja & Aerial BATs.

Hmmm....what if you were to buy stuff worth $20 and get the get the free figure, then return some of the $20 stuff and keep the free figure? Would that work? I'm not going to try it because I don't have a TRU anywhere near me.

No it won't work. I don't want to stomp too hard, but suggesting stuff like that is not cool at all.

Hmmm....what if you were to buy stuff worth $20 and get the get the free figure, then return some of the $20 stuff and keep the free figure? Would that work? I'm not going to try it because I don't have a TRU anywhere near me.

No it won't work. I don't want to stomp too hard, but suggesting stuff like that is not cool at all.

I was just curious since I have never gotten a chance to take part any kind of buy one get one free deals. Not for groceries, toys, anything. I was just wondering how the stores keep track of these things and how they would prevent fraud. I'm not suggesting anything at all.