to open or not to open?

Toiletmonkey1

here is my problem.....i won this auction HERE

if you dont wanna click it....Its an comandos em acao: Alpinista figure ( Brazilian exclusive - Hit & Run figure, noteable difference is this figure has flesh colored face and hands, not green like the us version) cool huh! ;)

anyway i always wanted this version of him cause the USA version had the green skin (paint) that even when i was younger i thought it was alittle to much green paint! looked like he was green, Hit & run maybe a martian who was sent to earth to observe our military....the perfect plan! where else would a guy with green skin not stand out......the army! anyway where was i?

oh yeah....He arrived in the mail today and Im having trouble deciding if i should open him or not? normally this wouldnt bother me and i would open this sucker up! however this is my first Foreign figure. and he's on a pretty desent card, he didnt cost me a load of bread but he could be worth more later on down the road? but yet i wanna play with him too cause...well... i play with gijoe figures it's what i do! his file card says "Ele sempre se safava numa boa!" i dont no what that means? but it makes me wanna open it?

so what would you guys do? open him or leave him MOC?

TM

here is my problem.....i won this auction HERE

if you dont wanna click it....Its an comandos em acao: Alpinista figure ( Brazilian exclusive - Hit & Run figure, noteable difference is this figure has flesh colored face and hands, not green like the us version) cool huh! ;)

anyway i always wanted this version of him cause the USA version had the green skin (paint) that even when i was younger i thought it was alittle to much green paint! looked like he was green, Hit & run maybe a martian who was sent to earth to observe our military....the perfect plan! where else would a guy with green skin not stand out......the army! anyway where was i?

oh yeah....He arrived in the mail today and Im having trouble deciding if i should open him or not? normally this wouldnt bother me and i would open this sucker up! however this is my first Foreign figure. and he's on a pretty desent card, he didnt cost me a load of bread but he could be worth more later on down the road? but yet i wanna play with him too cause...well... i play with gijoe figures it's what i do! his file card says "Ele sempre se safava numa boa!" i dont no what that means? but it makes me wanna open it?

so what would you guys do? open him or leave him MOC?

TM

My suggestion to you is think about it for awhile. Why did you buy it in the first place and what is the average cost of this toy? If he is around 20 moc, I'd say open it. If not, keep it in the box. I am sure the us version is easy to find and that the difference is the green tone being flesh. However, one can always customize the green one to have flesh tone or make a recast of the head in flesh color.

I have this problem, whereas I would buy a chase or running change toy and ponder whether to open it or not. I didn't open my chase captain america, which is now a good thing because we are getting a more classic version. However, i did open the first ver of 10 aniversary Spawn; despite buyin it to take the sucker out, I realize I have the version with the removeable cape. I end up taking him out since I seen that the bubble has a tear in it.

If you have a use for it out of the package either for playing with it or displaying it then I say open it. If its only going into another box after you open it then I say you should keep it in the package. If you still don't know then buy another and open the one with the worse package. Or try to find one that is loose.

Personally I feel that joes are the perfect toy and they were meant to be opened and moved around. Thats why they were made so articulated and durable, but then again I have every comic pack still MOC hanging on my wall since I haev no real use for the figures on my shelf display.

I agree with Alleyviperelite. If you have no real use for it I would keep it in the package. Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer of opening figures but every once in a while you get something that you just want to keep in the package for what ever reason.

I or the temptation to open or one action does not appear, coverall if it is of G.I.joe his value in the market is very valuable while it stays in his sealed box, but the Joes is action figures, estan made to be removed from their used packings and being, each part of the figure requests asi, the boxes are invitations to break them and to remove their content. the dificiles pieces to always obtain seem to be but appropriate not to open, but the temptation always is great if the piece is very valuable in the market}, conservala, but always estara the sensation ahi, the sensation to see it by outside

I or the temptation to open or one action does not appear, coverall if it is of G.I.joe his value in the market is very valuable while it stays in his sealed box, but the Joes is action figures, estan made to be removed from their used packings and being, each part of the figure requests asi, the boxes are invitations to break them and to remove their content. the dificiles pieces to always obtain seem to be but appropriate not to open, but the temptation always is great if the piece is very valuable in the market}, conservala, but always estara the sensation ahi, the sensation to see it by outside

@loll@

what he said

@loll@

what he said

Man that made me bust a gut, thanks for the Laugh. @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Alpinista is a pretty easy figure to find, even MOC. However, once loose, his paint tends to wear so it's unlikely you'll find a mint specimen without opening it yourself. Personally, I pretty much only buy MOC Brazilian figs as it's the only way to get guaranteed mint and complete figures. (Most people don't know what makes a Brazil fig complete and sell incomplete versions all too often.) I've opened many, many MOC Brazilian and Argentine and Chinese figs and never regretted it. The Alpinista is noticeably different from the American fig once compared and is a great addition to any collection. So, I wouldn't hesitate opening it up and enjoying the figure. (Just watch the thumbs with some of his weapons! ;) )