Cobra Trooper and Cobra Soldier

hamsterboy

I have often substituted one name for the other, but officially I think it's considered the Cobra Trooper, if I'm not terribly mistaken. That's if you are referring to the new DTC army builder one though. Is that what you meant or just in general?

I don't use either term of Cobra Troopers or Cobra Soldiers. Nor do I use just "Cobra". Instead, I use Serpents.

I mean, okay, we have Vipers, and then there are hundreds of subcategories of Vipers.

Then, we have the Snow Serpent. Yet, we have yet to see just a regular Serpent.

Plus, when it comes to some of the other Cobra specialized forces, that don't use a snake related designate, I change them to subcategories of Serpents. Such as:

Swamp Rats = Swamp Serpents

Sand Scorpions = Sand Serpents

Desert Scorpions = Desert Serpents

Etc. = Etc. Serpents

I don't use either term of Cobra Troopers or Cobra Soldiers. Nor do I use just "Cobra". Instead, I use Serpents.

I mean, okay, we have Vipers, and then there are hundreds of subcategories of Vipers.

Plus, when it comes to some of the other Cobra specialized forces, that don't use a snake related designate, I change them to subcategories of Serpents. Such as:

Etc. = Etc. Serpents

Hmm...excellent. I like your logic my friend. Good point about the whole "Serpents" theory.

I now call them Cobra Infantry and that includes all the cobra troopers and officers. Then I have three types of CObra Infantry:

I have the basics which are just called the Infantry which consist of TRUs infantry.

Then I have the Night Infantry which is Cobra Night Watch.

Then the rest of the troopers I own are originals from 82-84 and Comic Pack Troops and Officers, THese are considered higher ups infantry, FOr example they patrol the inside of the Terrordrome or inside Cobra HQ, they don't really battle the frontlines like the other two groups.

I haven't incorporated the new DTC troops yet, and probably wont.

Etc. = Etc. Serpents

You have to watch out for those Etc. Serpents. . . they can be tricky. ;)

okay, when you say serpant...its just to general of a statement. i mean, are they garden snakes or black mambas? i prefer cobra trooper, and all the other cobra units keep their names. i like the subcatagories of vipers.

vipers

sand vipers

tele vipers

strato vipers

ninja vipers

the list can go on and on.

and the whole thing about snake designation... i think they ran out of snakes so the had to move on to other vermin.i like sand scorpian name, (just not the figure.) sand serpent just sounds out of place.

also, the reason for the viper designation is because the filecards of most of these say that they started out as plain old vipers (which were originally cobra trooper)

Hmmmmm I not sure if u meant something different then they answered but I'm goin to try and answer. It seems the only difference slighty is in the suits of the V1s, the gear and the biggest difference would be the rank. I say The troops are out in the field guardin Cobra Commanders well fair at a distence while the offices hold a more of a hands on job of the commander on/in the field of battle. Hope that is what u were askin. IMO ANYWAY! ;)

The word "soldier" and "trooper" is kind if interchangable. I think Hasbro first started using "Trooper" with the Toys "R" Us Cobra Infantry 3 Pack which (despite being Viper molds) were supposed to be the old Cobra Soldier/Cobra Officers of old.

I just wanted to know why Hasbro changed it. I mean back in the day,they were Cobra Soldiers. Nowadays,Hasbro calls them Cobra Troopers. Just wanted to know if they're suppose to be the same guys or what.

Now I'm totally lost! "Back in the day" the cobra officers and troopers came out at the same time and bein of 2 different things "now a day" in the cobra 6 pack they came out wit troops. And now the the wave 3 single is a trooper and wave 4 will have the officer they are 2 different words and "troops" although the figures look simliar!

Cobra Troopers are soldiers who fight to Death Enforcing Cobra Commanders Might upon the Forces of Gi Joe

When assembled in armies I like to call them The Infantry

army.jpg

I just wanted to know why Hasbro changed it. I mean back in the day,they were Cobra Soldiers. Nowadays,Hasbro calls them Cobra Troopers. Just wanted to know if they're suppose to be the same guys or what.

Now I'm totally lost! "Back in the day" the cobra officers and troopers came out at the same time and bein of 2 different things "now a day" in the cobra 6 pack they came out wit troops. And now the the wave 3 single is a trooper and wave 4 will have the officer they are 2 different words and "troops" although the figures look simliar!

i dont think were talking about officers and troopers... its the name of the troopers (solider or trooper) we all know the difference between the officer and the soldier. i think he just wanted to know about if the trooepr and soldier were one in thesame. and yes, yes they are. its like calling somonewhose name is timmy, tim it doesnt really matter its all the same.

i dont think were talking about officers and troopers... its the name of the troopers (solider or trooper) we all know the difference between the officer and the soldier. i think he just wanted to know about if the trooepr and soldier were one in thesame. and yes, yes they are. its like calling somonewhose name is timmy, tim it doesnt really matter its all the same.

I really must have missed that LOL.

why???

its like torpedo and chief torpedo... same guy. who really cares i personnally like trooper but you call it what you will. the old ones are, to me, cobra troopers.

I agree... this is a really stupid topic. "Trooper" and "soldier", are basically synonyms,

in the vernacular at least. Originally a "trooper" was a soldier on horseback, which as horse cavalry evolved into armoured vehicles referred to someone who fought in a tank or other AFV. It's also used to refer to paratroopers, of course, and stormtroopers (I'm talking about the Germans, SW fans), and the public uses it to describe basically anyone in the army.

why???

its like torpedo and chief torpedo... same guy. who really cares i personnally like trooper but you call it what you will. the old ones are, to me, cobra troopers.

You don't think it causes some confusion among the newer collectors?

trooper/soldier soldier/trooper it all has the same meaning.

hmm like typing and keying. same meaning different words. i dont see how it could confuse people... i actually learned most of the gi joes by looking through most of the pictures of figures on YOJOE.com years ago. (sure it took forever and i stopped in s...)

why???

You don't think it causes some confusion among the newer collectors?

Nope.

It should be noted that "Cobra Soldier" was never something that Hasbro called the Blueshirts, btw...