Movie inspired Gambit & Emma Frost customs

Draven79

Well I finally got around to taking pics and uploading these. @loll@ I have had Gambit done for about a month and Emma for about 2 weeks. The Gambit continues my trend of movie inspired X Men. I tried to keep ot faithful to the movie look and decided to go with brown for his trim instead of purple, as well brown is more likely if he was in the movie imo. I also dry brushed his hair with red streaks kinda like a rocker might do just to make him stand out a little. Next up we have Emma Frost. This one is a slight kitbash as you all can see. I used a Mystique body and a LOTR Eowyn head as I think its a good match and had not seen it done. The body while not as good as the Phoenix mold imo reflected the look I needed more. I had to cover up the line on her stomuch and make a belly buttom. I also covered the line on the back and filled in the wholes from the skull skirt. Overall not to hard to do. The only other thing I plan to do to her is sculpt a X on her crotch area and paint it white.

I chose this style outfit because I know if we ever get a ML Emma she will not be this scantly clad. @loll@ Hope you all enjoyed. Next up is a Mystique custom.

Draven

Gambitmovie.jpg

EmmaFrostcustom.jpg

looks good

Pretty good stuff!

I just hate seeing customs using that horrible mystique body

Me too, that is the worst female TB has done i 6 inch scale, course the new Psylocke body prolly won't be any better*sigh* Paint is good though, ok head choice aswell, got a gripe with Gambit though, i myself woulda used XMC/XML Gambit with some different arms for a movie based one, i just think he lends him self to it better then ML Gambit*besides the arms that is* But long as your happy with em it doesn't really matter what we think right? hehehehehe.

Thanks guys! And yeah I don't really like the Mystique mold like I said, just the fact she has heels and not folds of cloth on the boobs is why I needed to go with her. As far as Gambit, yeah that would look pretty coool but I only had access to this one at the moment.

Draven

Those both look really well done! Unfortunately Toy Biz just hasn't really given us a good looking female body yet that is suitable for customzing. I'm hoping Shawdowcat will fit the bill. The one shown at Toy Fair looked like a repaint of the Invisible Girl from the movie line, which was excellent though a little small. I'm looking forward to seeing her at retail to do an evaluation. But the customs both look great!

I like what you did with both of those figures, good work!