Is it bad to have a loose ML figure

Kenx

:mellow:;) #tank# @Spidey@ @stupid@ @bounce@ @twisted@ @razz@ @rolleye@ @stoned@ @fight@ All of my ML are loose and I have a varint cyclopes loose as well, so what is your thoughts about the loose ML figures open figures?

I don't get the question. It's totally personal preference whether you like them open or not. I like to display them out of package so I prefer loose. If you're purely looking at resale value than of course MOC is better, although sometimes not even by that much.

Loose all the way.

Best way to enjoy the toys.

Besides, the notion of keeping toys MOC is..............well, its a bit idiotic, imo.

Look at the degree of difficulty that folks have in selling off their collections in forums like this?

A complete lot of MOC card items seldom, if ever, re-sells for more than retail--simply because so many of the component items there-in can still be had quite easily. People want cheap or free.

If someone can sell their collection in that fashion--great for them.

Loose all the way.

Best way to enjoy the toys.

Besides, the notion of keeping toys MOC is..............well, its a bit idiotic, imo.

Look at the degree of difficulty that folks have in selling off their collections in forums like this?

A complete lot of MOC card items seldom, if ever, re-sells for more than retail--simply because so many of the component items there-in can still be had quite easily. People want cheap or free.

If someone can sell their collection in that fashion--great for them.

What he said.

Beat me to it, Opticon. I was crafting something about Scarlet Witch's makeup being messy because she's been loose with every male Avenger in my collection. But you beat me to it. With a non-joke, no less!

Yeah, Screw MOC, I like 'em LOOSE!!!

@loll@

I have never understood the idea of buying an action figure and then practically just letting the thing collect dust for years and years when it is MOC, i just don't see any fun in that. In my own opinion, that notion of collecting kinda ruins the toy hobby as being something fun.

For me the fun is in the hunt, or when you simply open the action figure for the first time. In a sense i'm practically just a kid at heart, so thats why i prefer this.

Hey i think u guys should calm down. No need to start any war here though I know Civil War is the next Marvel big thing.

I think this really depends on the collector .Some like them loose, some like the display the figs MOC and hang them on the wall.

For me, I usually open all my toys, unless those are really HTF or looks kool in package.

Do you mean loose figures or loose joints???

I do both. I have more moc but i have alot loose as well. If i didn't have at least some loose then i would end up opening them all.

Hey i think u guys should calm down. No need to start any war here though I know Civil War is the next Marvel big thing.

I think this really depends on the collector.

Heh, i'm not getting worked up, nor am i starting a war...i need to get my bayonet before i start doing that ;)

Like what was said earlier, we all have our personal preference to collecting, that's all. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but this is a forum for such discussion anyway, so lets hear it.

For me, I usually open all my toys, unless those are really HTF or looks kool in package.

i would agree w/cloud. but here is an example of the way i collect, to expend upon the idea:

let's say i am going for all the X-Men. i would have one of each character (the one i consider the best version of that char.) loose. so I would have ml6 wolvie loose, etc. but that only extends to the easier to find ones. if i manage to find a rarer figure MIP i would tend to want to keep that one MIP. so let's take the example of Phoenix.

i was lucky enough to find a green Phoenix MIP at retail, and i also wanted a dark phoenix so i decided to keep the regular one MIP. if I happen to come across a loose DP then i can keep the green one MIP and display the red one w/my villains. if i am supremely lucky enough to get myself a MIP dark phoenix then I will keep her MIP and open the green one so i can display the common green one with my heroes.

so in essence it's a fluid situation but i always try to keep common figure loose and rare figures MIP in general. it also makes things easier because if i find a rare figure in a damaged package or a common figure online, etc. i have the option of trading for the thing loose or opening it myself, etc.

BOTH!

I have every figure loose (besides Toad and the variants)

and I have almost every figure MOC too (except Toad and a few variants)

best of both worlds

BOTH!

best of both worlds

On top of that, you must be rich!

something about ML's being promiscuous....bah, too tired. Too many meanings of 'loose' too.

@loll@ dude that is sick...and i think that'd only apply to the chick figs also

BOTH!

best of both worlds

i gotta agree. i would keep the variants and an extra of your MOST favorite characters MOSC but would open all the rest. as far as ML's are concerned they are ment to be collector friendly loose.