I lucked out....

Sentry

A buddy of mine is an ML collector, but has decided it was time for him to put his money to better use (mainly a new baby boy that's on his way).

So he tells me he wants to sell off most of his collection, I ask,what's he have that I need? Well not much, seeing as our buying habits were pretty similar...however, he did have a Magneto, Hulkbuster IM & a Green Arrow from DCD. I had...well money of course! Ahhh, but now...the catch! The money I had was of the collectible variety, totaling about $8.50 or so...the real catch is, his toys were about $30.00 and my money was???? I have no clue!! He professed to not know much more than me so....the deal was struck. Now, I feel like I got lucky seeing as how I came across this money by chance, it was of the same value when I got it, so to me it was really only worth $8.50?

Oh well, I hope he enjoys it...I really like my new stuff...never thought I'd get Magneto. ^_^

I am confused on who did what and who got what and what what...

lol!

the best thing I can come up with for this one is ...

:blink: @propeller@

I am trying to understand what exactly he meant by $30 then $8.50.... it's like he's trying to say something.... :o

I am trying to understand what exactly he meant by $30 then $8.50.... it's like he's trying to say something.... :o

Ah yeah!!! @loll@

i believe he had some collectible coins or something to that extent which totaled about 8.50 if you went to spend it. but being collectible possibly worth more? the toys roughly valued at 30.00 and the coins being collectible might be about that? i dunno just guessing

Maybe its collectable coins?

i believe he had some collectible coins or something to that extent which totaled about 8.50 if you went to spend it. but being collectible possibly worth more? the toys roughly valued at 30.00 and the coins being collectible might be about that? i dunno just guessing

ok, see thanks for making sense of that because it really didn't @smilepunch@

Sorry for the confusion, but yes...you are correct. I had some "old" money found through a variety of restaurant & store change over the years (collectible). He was more of a "real" coin collector than me, so we traded for toys. I was just thinking (after the fact) that perhaps I was a bit hasty. I may have given more than I got, but if you think about it, all I really gave was about $8.50, and I got back roughly $30.00 worth of toys.

I didn't really think it was that hard of a read, again sorry for the brain bleed.

I get the same feeling after reading this thread as I did after watching Elektra...a total feeling of #WTF#

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

chances are you got the bad end of the "value" spectrum (depending on the coinage you gave him) - so what exactly did he get? Old coins? Were they pre 1964 silver? (if so you probably had more than $30 worth) Were they REALLY old?

But then again - if the money was given to you for $8.50 in value, you could see it as a fair trade.

i really wouldn't worry too much about it, unless you were willing to go through the trouble of:

1. finding out what the coins/paper were worth

b. finding someone who would buy them from you for a lot more than $30

99. Spoon!

you obviously didn't care enough to do that so you are both happy now. enjoy your hulkbuster, he's one of the best mls ever IMO! ^_^