Would anyone be interested in some Cobra Coins?

Crimson Twins

I don't know if any of you have seen military coins given away by people in important positions within the military. Here's a link to an eBay search for them:

http://search.ebay.com/military-coins_W0QQfromZR40

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Cobra (or maybe even a Joe) version of these coins? I was looking to get some made. Of course, I wanted a Cobra version. I got an estimate, but they only make em in batches of 100. It would cost about $300 for the set. Which would put the price at @ $3.00 a coin not including shipping to your home address. I would only consider this if I was able to fill the order for 100. I would only look to keep 5 for myself. That would leave 95 out there for the rest. If you would be interested, let me know. Also, if you have any ideas for the back design, let me know. I would most likely use one side of the coin for the Cobra sigil. I would most likely leave a small spot on the back for you to have your name engraved. Let me know if anyone is interested in this small investment for an original collectible.

I would throw in for 5, the back should of course be cobra commander and maybe a cobra motto????? lie,cheat and steal? heck does cobra have a motto?

maybe

"terrorism..its fantastic!"

"cobra shall rule the world!"

"serpentor..who?"

"all hail cobra commander"

heck it should say something?

TM

They do look pretty neat.

I would probably be interested for $20 worth.

They should have something cool though.

Like a HISS with a Cobra Flag behind it.

Something patriotic for Cobra.

Well, I like some of the ideas that people have been coming up with for the back. Maybe a large flag blowing in the wind with a Cobra on it. And of course some kind of motto.

"Can the world oppose" at the top of the coin

"The deadliest of foes" at the bottom of the coin.

At least on one side. And some other motto on the other side. Just a suggestion. If more people get interested in this, I might actually put together some order forms, and we might be able to get this ball rolling. Than at events such as conventions, you can 'coin' fellow collectors, and if they don't have the coin, they owe you a drink. That would be funny. You can initiate new members by giving them a coin. It could be a 'Cobra Brotherhood' symbol.

Didn't Cobra invent their own Money in the cartoon series after they burned it all MAGICALLY. ^_^

I think in either one of the early G.I. Joe mini-series or the first cartoon series, a Cobra officer offered 10,000 Silver Fangs to the Cobra trooper that would stop these Joes they were chasing.

This sounds like a great idea.

Cobra Commanders head in front of a COBRA Emblem on one side, and a Cobra snake coiled around the Earth on the other.

E Pluribus Colobra (for classical coluber, colubra). Translated from Latin, it means "From many, COBRA" or "Out of many, COBRA," or in a direct translation, "COBRA out of more."

If this does well, then you could do Serpentor, and Destro, and the Baroness on other coins.

Yeah sounds cool to me. I would at least be interested in 1-5 coins. I would say that 1 side should have to have the Cobra symbol on it. As for the other side I would have to think more on it. Although I like that idea about the snake coiled around the earth.

Didn't Cobra invent their own Money in the cartoon series after they burned it all MAGICALLY. ^_^

I think in either one of the early G.I. Joe mini-series or the first cartoon series, a Cobra officer offered 10,000 Silver Fangs to the Cobra trooper that would stop these Joes they were chasing.

I believe the episode was "Money to Burn."

wait... didnt they make plastic ones like that back in the day for starwars? they had a character on one side and then something else on theother? i found one in the garage and gave to my brother. otherwisei would take a pic of it.

i think they should just put it on the back of a quarter like the state thing. like have a "toys that impacted our nation" theme or someting. have a beanie babie one and a playdoah one and so on and so fourth

oh and yeah the episode was "money to burn" one of the stupidest ones i might add...

If they were done well, like real military coins, I'd be up for one... I think GI Joe would be more appropriate, but Cobra would definitely look cool.

You could follow up with sub-groups, too... like the Viper corps, CG, Tiger Force, Slaughter's Renegades, etc...

These would be just like the military coins. The guy that would make them also makes coins for the military. As far as going into the sub groups, it would cost another $300 everytime there was a new design. However, the price for another 100 of the original batch would be considerably less because the mold would already be made.

Hey blazer, got any pics of that coin?

Also, I'm kinda leaning toward the full cobra symbol on one side, and Cobra Commander on the other side, in one form or another. I'll be able to get more in depth with prices and everyone's possible contributions once I get back to the states.

I would be down for like 5!

I like the idea about the snake wrappin around the earth that could be on the back of the coin and this on the front.

"Written at top"

IN COBRA WE TRUST

coin coin

coin coin coin coin

coin coin coin coin coin coin

coin coin SNAKE EMBLEM coin coin

coin coin coin HERE coin coin coin

coin coin coin HERE coin coin coin

coin coin coin coin coin coin

coin coin coin coin

coin coin

IN THE (COBRA) COMMANDER

WE BELIEVE

"Written at the bottom"

Btw this took me some time cause I didn't do this on a regular computer LOL!

EDIT. I can't get this post to say center but I hope u guys get the jest of it.

Edited by GILTYONE