1st Con Fig Posted

robot_sonic

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/...06_3_75inch.cfm

It's not too bad. I don't know if I've just come to expect more from Con figs or if I'm just a bit more jaded. But, this figure doesn't seem all that great to me. It has decent paint apps and shows some level of thought, but the re-use of a body we just saw at retail seems a bit lazy for a ~$14 figure. This seems more like a fig out of a TRU set rather than a Convention release.

The re-use of Avalance's mold comes a bit to soon after the mold being used in the TRU Arctic set(as Backblast) but the colors are solid and looks to be a soldier in Major Bludds employ.I hold out hope for the Bludd figure as well as Overlord,his troops,and the mystery merc.

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

I hope the other figures are better then this, otherwise this year's con set might be just as screwed up as New Orleans itself.

Man, haven't posted for quite some time. The fig is cool, but plain. But I think we hyped ourselves up to a point that anything but the HHS head/mold, was going to be let down. I know we've become accustomed to seeing great molds that haven't seen the light of day for ages or never got a repaint, so this comes as a little shock seeing that we've got all these figure parts in the past year. Maybe Brian is using some other cooler troop molds in the MOTH set.

The rest of the convention set has yet to be unvailed (along with exclusives like a 2 and/or 3 pack of figs which we will only find out about at the con) so I'll wait to pass final verdict . I'm really anticipating overlord and the coil. As for Bludd, it will be hard to outdo some of the previous incarnations. I don't think they'll disappoint.

aahhh man whats that a new sculpt head!!! that blow's! man i was gonna make this my first year to buy a con set! but i dont want no new sculpt heads in there! damit! the con sets were the ARAH fans only chance to get new stuff!

TM

that head is the head from version 7 cobra commander

you think so? It doesn't look like the Star Brigade CC head to me..

it looks more like the 2005 6-pack Crimson Guard head to me... but I could be wrong..

either way, it looks off.

the head is too skinny.. it doesn't fit the body

aside from the poor head choice, the figure is pretty decent, but nothing that makes me want to buy him for that price..... even though I will

Maybe Major Bludd will look better, but this figure sucks!

While most people view it as lukewarm, I think it's a triumph on at least one level. They actually put some real thought into the design. Maybe it was a poor choice using that mold again so soon, but it is a thoughtful re-use, which is something that MC is kind of short on these days.

I'll prolly grab a set, and a bagged set to re-sale to recoup some of my cash, if the figures continue to be at least this creative and that's coming from a guy who doesn't care one whit for MC.

Oh, and IMHO...WAY better that last years set already.

This figure looks 25,000 times better than 90% of the Cobra figures released from 1982-1994. This may be the first con set I actually get. I don't get you guys sometimes.

Bring on the Pink Vipers so everyone will be happy again!

Apart from the fact it's only available at the convention, and it's so damn expensive to go - i think they'd make a great squad for Major Bludd.

Kind of makes sense to - the whole Mercenary Squad thing and all.

I assume he fits into Cobra in some kind of unit that does Cobra's dirty work without their insignia being publicised.

Kind of like the idea of the mercenaries that used to turn up in Special Missions issues.

Be interesting to see who else pops up and how they work in.

Pretty smart to make him a "trooper" as well - trooper = Troop building!!

I don't mind the design of the figure but it looks too much like Major Bludd. His unique brown uniform should be just that - unique. Its almost like the DTC Bludd with the red scarf pulled up over his face. Doesn't really say troop builder to me, perhaps this guy should have been named Spencer Davis :P

I like it. ITs not bad, it looks like an armored trooper. Whats wrong with it?

What was wrong with the Iron Grenadier set last year, I think those are some of the best figures I own, especially the Steel Brigade figures.

As for the head, I thought the crimson guard Head was the StarBrigade Cobra commander head but its NOT. According to yojoe, its not. So ToiletMonkey is right, they are using a current new ARAH head sculpt. Plus they are using new sculpt weapons, which are cool but some might get bothered by it.

I guess MasterCollector can't please everyone.

Either way, I can't wait to see the rest....

The re-use of Avalance's mold comes a bit to soon after the mold being used in the TRU Arctic set(as Backblast) but the colors are solid and looks to be a soldier in Major Bludds employ.I hold out hope for the Bludd figure as well as Overlord,his troops,and the mystery merc.

Exactly what I thought. I don't think it's bad at all, and I didn't buy that TRU Arctic crap set, so it doesn't bother me that they used that mold.

This figure looks 25,000 times better than 90% of the Cobra figures released from 1982-1994. This may be the first con set I actually get. I don't get you guys sometimes.

Yeah, it really is, when you put it that way. Will I get a set? I don't know... yet. But I do kind of like that figure. I'm eager to see the rest of the stuff they put out though.