Transformers: Cybertron Doesn't Get Any Better Than

I AM SCI-FI

Downshift and Runamuck are hands down my favorite figures in the Cybertron line. They remind of the G1 old school figures. Sure, they're all plastic, but that doesn't take away from the quality. They look like real Earth vehicles, and that's what I think of when I think of Transformers.

I also really like Lugnutz, but I haven't found him, yet.

Crosswire, Hot Shot, Armorhide, Sky Shadow, Wing Saber, Mud Flap and EVAC aren't bad either. However, Downshift and Runamuck are absolutely the best.

I guess I just like the vehicles that are more realistic. Like they could fit in our worlds present state.

Don't get me wrong. The sci-fi and animal based figures have their place, but in their own worlds. I'm extremely fond of Vector Prime, but he looks like he belongs in the STAR WARS Universe. Not ours.

It's just when I think Transformers I think of robots disguising themselves in order to fit in our world. I guess that's why I love the Alternators line the most.

Does anyone know what I'm saying?

Downshift may very well be the best deluxe ever. the only thing that hurts him is the fact that you can't hide the missle launchers in vehicle mode.

great alt mode? CHECK

great homage bot mode? CHECK

easy transform? CHECK

elbows? CHECK

shoulders? CHECK

ball hips? CHECK

knees? CHECK

non-kiddy color scheme? CHECK

Dang, he's awesome!

I disagree about RUNamuck. It's a crappy TF, ugly car, and ugly robot mode. Same exactly mode used by Sideways of Armada. Not too many people enjoyed that bot as a toy

Actually, the mold was Sideswipe in Armada. Sideways was a motorcycle.

I agree, I like those two as well. Though I think Crosswise is the second best before Runamuck. He too has a realistic alt mode. The only thing that keeps Hot Shot off the list is his goofy color. He too is a real car, but it doesn't come in that color.

010420062127132505.jpg

Here is Cybertron Crosswise's alt mode.

Here is Hot Shot's alt mode. Gotta click for this one. http://www.motorbox.com/Auto/Magazine/Conc...mmc=49&mm=36220

A. Sideswipe sucked, but Runamuck is an improvment on the mold (which doesn't say much since the mold DOES suck). My only problem is that he holds the gun in the wrong place and it looks dumb.

Downshift gets a big bonus because his vehicle mode is so...unique.

I've loved Hot Shot's and Crosswise's Cybertron alt. modes from the get-go, but I had absoluely no idea they were based on actual concept cars. How awesome is that?!

I like the look of Downshift but passed on him as I only collect show characters, Runamuck is a remold of Armada Sideswipe, a horrible figure in terms of posebility and such, the ONE thing that made him tolerable for me is that he was featured on the show, thats the only way i can stand some TF's sometimes.