X-men Figures Asst 2 Found at Walmart

Postalboy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pulled them straight from a sealed case and there was no Phoenix. Which is strange because BBTS has a set of 6 for pre-order including Phoenix: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...750&mode=retail

I've been kind of busy and haven't had time to take pics but I dont think they've changed much from the pics on BBTS.

I know everyone is pysched about Juggs but hes really not that impressive and kind of ugly. My favrote is Angel. I love the wings. Thery not perfect but they offer more posability than the "butterfly" winged Angel from ML. I hate the goggles and the gun is stupid looking. Wolverine is cool and so is the jetpack. I haven't opened Beast or Cyclops yet.

Thanks for the info and the heads up. Dang, their doing to Phoenix what they did to Magneto in Series 1, I wonder what figure will be late in Series 3?

May I ask, what is the appeal of these? Ok, I understand why someone would buy a comic accurate figure from this like (ALA Iceman, Storm, Archangel) but, correct me if I'm wrong....these are made up by Toybiz. I think I recall the up and coming Rogue being in a outfit like that in the comics but (for example) I just don't recall Juggernaut ever appearing like that what so ever. Some people get so anal with this stuff and complain about ML’s not being comic accurate or something but then…..they buy and love this. It doesn’t make sense to me, no offence meant, but I truthfully hate this line. To each there own, but what’s the appeal?

I still can't find a CAT beast :(

Hey can someone post pics of the other figures in this wave as well?..

I think its stealth cyclops that is in this one.. in the blue/dark outfit... I wana see if he would make a good astonishing cyclops considering we got half the team soon :)

col,

kitty wm wave

posably stealth cyc

catbeast ...

ml12 wolvie

all we really need next is a decent non ms emma

you gota dig beast though...

or not if you didn't read the seires...

I find most who didn't read xtrem xmen series don't like cat beast much :P while those who DID read like :)

I saw the Cat beast and I thought it looked dumb, lol..

Mysterio, I remember reading somewhere(here or someone posted a link that someoen from Toy Biz stated) that Toy biz didn't get movie pics an dstill in enough time to produce the figures for the movie so they went ahead and made their own "realistic" looking line with characters that would be in the Movie... something like that...

I like them cause I'm a Joe fan, and I think a lot of them look Military enough that they cna be turned into some sweet GI Joe customs...

Synch.. I saw the new Cyclops and I didn't like him, he has light up visor and gun, so one arm has crappy "star wars like" articulation cause it houses the wire an dlight and all that.. oh, and his head is freakishly small.

I've only seen the new Cyclops and the Wolvie that I just got.. oh, and the cycle wolvie and cyclops ;)

OH, and I plan on turning this Wolvie into a custom Crimson Guard :)

I agree. It does look dumb!

Actually, all of these do...

I was hoping that they'd decide to change the clear hands and feet with the Phoenix we saw at the NYCC, but I think it was confirmed that they were the final designs.

Anyone have pics?

http://comicsnewsi.net/g/?mode=album&album...c_Con%2FToy_Biz

I hope they decided to change it to a darker repaint or a white version because I don't really like how this one looks.

Interesting... I kinda like it yet I kinda don't. If they were going to make the yellow clear, they shouldn't have left the yellow on the hips that are the top of the boot. I think they were going for the fiery look that the 5 inch figure had (with the clear hair and all).

I actually think that'd be pretty cool if this next Phoenix lit up. I'm not one for action features but I think it'd be a cooler than a rerelease.

I was hoping that they'd decide to change the clear hands and feet with the Phoenix we saw at the NYCC, but I think it was confirmed that they were the final designs.

Anyone have pics?

http://comicsnewsi.net/g/?mode=album&album...c_Con%2FToy_Biz

I hope they decided to change it to a darker repaint or a white version because I don't really like how this one looks.

Interesting... I kinda like it yet I kinda don't. If they were going to make the yellow clear, they shouldn't have left the yellow on the hips that are the top of the boot. I think they were going for the fiery look that the 5 inch figure had (with the clear hair and all).

I actually think that'd be pretty cool if this next Phoenix lit up. I'm not one for action features but I think it'd be a cooler than a rerelease.

yep, yep.

I said this a gizzlion times else where, but I had many ideas and I'd like to say it again...

When Phoenix connects to her base, she has a new switch in the back of her fiery bird, which will make both the bird and her light up. Her body looks very much like solid Phasing Vision, though so I don't know.

also, since they have three versions of Iceman, why not three versions of her?

1) Regular Phoenix/Clear Phoenix [like 626 Iceman]

2) Dark Phoenix or White Phoenix [like Ultimate Iceman]

3) "De-flamed" Phoenix aka [Jim Lee] Jean Grey [like "De-iced" Iceman otherwise known as Bobby Drake.]

It is a bit too late for them to change their minds, but hopefully Toy Biz listened to my plan, months ago. :P

Then why you keep coming back to this subject lol just to say that ? :D

May I ask, what is the appeal of these? Ok, I understand why someone would buy a comic accurate figure from this like (ALA Iceman, Storm, Archangel) but, correct me if I'm wrong....these are made up by Toybiz. I think I recall the up and coming Rogue being in a outfit like that in the comics but (for example) I just don't recall Juggernaut ever appearing like that what so ever. Some people get so anal with this stuff and complain about ML’s not being comic accurate or something but then…..they buy and love this. It doesn’t make sense to me, no offence meant, but I truthfully hate this line. To each there own, but what’s the appeal?

Well some people may just like particular characters, so they'll buy a figure of a favorite character even if its not comic accurate and the costume or scale of the figure is wrong. I'll buy some of the figures in this x-men line simply because I like the figures/sculpts. I've bought gijoes and transformers just because I like the toy figures themselves, not because I had to have some character that I saw on a cartoon, so same here with these x-men figures I don't have to had seen the costume in a comic to like the figure. I think the wolverines in series 1 and 2, juggernaut, and most of the series 3 figures are really good sculpts, so as a toy collector geek they appeal to me even if they don't appeal to the comic fan collector segment. Just look at the McFarlane Spawn series, some of those figures have never appeared in the comic but are popular just because they're cool figures with good sculpts. Was Mandarin Spawn ever in any Spawn comic? I don't think he was, but even if he was I doubt many could name what issue he appeared in.

Some of the high-tech outfits in this x-men line would work well if brought to life. The classic tight spandex costumes may look fine in 2-D comic pages, but they tend to look silly in movies or if imagined outside of the comic page in real-life. Wolverine in tight yellow spandex costume is comic accurate, but thats not what he wears in the x-men movies. Wouldn't that cyber-enhanced high-tech looking juggernaut be more impressive looking if brought to life in a movie than if he were just some big guy in brown spandex with a bucket on his head?

Cause I care about the well being of Marvel.

haha

(and Iam nosy:P)

Mynamehere is right Mysterio. Some people love the characters enought to get any version. Also the toys are nice sculpts and good looking. I love both beast fig. Plus the reason some people are "anal" as you say it about Ml's being accurate and not these is that there not supposed to be. ML are comic representations of the Marvel characters so when we get one that's not entirelly accurate or in a less popular costume we complain. Not all of us though. X-men, the costumes are meant to be imaginary so theres really no chance to mess something up. In other words if your going to make the character comic accurate then do it. Don't take creative licence and change some things. if you do we can and will complain as you say. However in Xmen's case the costumes are made up completly so theres no way they can be un accurate. hope that helps

Cause I care about the well being of Marvel.

haha

(and Iam nosy:P)

Well no worries man they flying off the pegs :P

Mynamehere is right Mysterio. Some people love the characters enought to get any version. Also the toys are nice sculpts and good looking. I love both beast fig. Plus the reason some people are "anal" as you say it about Ml's being accurate and not these is that there not supposed to be. ML are comic representations of the Marvel characters so when we get one that's not entirelly accurate or in a less popular costume we complain. Not all of us though. X-men, the costumes are meant to be imaginary so theres really no chance to mess something up. In other words if your going to make the character comic accurate then do it. Don't take creative licence and change some things. if you do we can and will complain as you say. However in Xmen's case the costumes are made up completly so theres no way they can be un accurate. hope that helps

well said for both sides :)

I really love them personally. I think the outfits all look "could be" to me. To bad I can not find wave 2, or Beast or Mags. lol

Draven

You n me both! With hasbro taking over the xmen figures may actaully be rare!! depending on how many were made...

I need

catbeast 2x

other beast 1x

s3 beast 1x

:D

STILL!! lol ... I'd be happy for just a cat beast though!! gota complete my astonishing xmen team some how!!

Then of corse I need to find

col

rogue

icemans

NC

From the other wave :P

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

aka fatchance of finding anything :(

LOL

got these today

DSCF1638.jpg

man.. wave 1 was hard enough to find in my town.. I saw them as follows:

Walmart - 1 case - no Beast/Magneto

TRU - 1 case - no Beast/Magneto

KB - 1 case - no Beast/Magneto

Walmart - 2 cases - no Beast/Magneto

TRu - 1 case- BEAST/Magneto!

but that is it.. geez, I don't know why these aren't hitting hard like Spiderman figures or something... they sell out within a day.

as for the series 2 stuff, well, nothing! They are hitting Walmart, but only 1 Walmart here even carried series 1.