Superman Returns toys out!!!

Draven79

Draven, thanks for sharing the pics, I look forward to seeing more. Its good to hear that these are starting to trickle out. I mainly wanted to pick up one "good" version of Superman, and then a Lex later on when he's released. I wasn't sure which Supes to get, but this Clark to Supes version looks pretty good from the carded shots you've shared. Although many weren't real pleased with the scale of these figures (and some of the figures themselves), I'm now hoping that Mattel will continue with the DC movies so we can in the future add Wonder Woman, Flash, Lantern, or whoever else to have a scaled "movie" Justice League. It'll be nice having Supes and Bats side by side.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm glad to know mine wasn't the only one with kinda warped/bowlegged looking legs. the walmart i picked mine up at had a case of the other set of figures, including that column bash and kryptonite bash one, and also the one with the breakapart safe. they all look to have pretty good articulation, but one of the figures, either the one with the break-apart column or the super-breath one, has a bigger nose than the other figures.

oh, and was from case assortment j7302 :D

Cool. Thanks Draven79.

Did you happen to notice if there's one Superman figure that also has ankle articulation (and the ball jointed shoulders)?

I just want one Superman Returns figure to stand next to my ToyFare exclusive Collectors Edition Batman Begins figure and have similar articulation.

They don't have any ankle articulation. Although there is a figure (J2083) pictured on the back of one of the cards that isn't in the first assortment that has ankle articulation. (He's a flying figure)

As for the ball-jointed shoulders of the first 5 released only the Clark to Superman has ball-jointed shoulders. There is another non-released figure (J5182)on the back of the cards that have ball-jointed shoulders also.

I posted loose pics of the three I bought at the ROC. Including a pic of Supes next to Battle Gear Batman from Batman Begins.

PJ

Pics can be seen here-

http://www.rocuniverse.com/forums//viewtop...2254a34d56a8f8f

for mattel, it has pretty good articulation though lol, even has *gasp* ball-jointed head. also has the waist-cut.....i'm kind of thinking that the reason there isn't ankle articulation is because of the design of the boots and not wanting to mess that up.

oh, and swivel wrists would've been nice.

Thanks for tha pics Draven. I wasn't really digging this line when the press pics came out and these new pics haven't change my mind.....they are pass for me.

I picked up the Wall Buster Supes to display with my Batman Begins fig...

as for variants i didnt see any, i passed on Clark to Supes....

It looks like this line is divided by colors ( symbolizes differnt powers) not a bad idea

Neat idea PJ, how did you do it?

Basically I took the Clark To Superman figure, because he was the only one of the first group with ball jointed shoulders and heated his elbows for about a minute. One I heated them I just popped one side of the forearm off the elbow pin. Then I did the same thing to the X-Ray Alert Superman. Then I just switched the forearms of the two figures. You will have to reheat each forearm to pop them back onto the pins. Once the flying Superman with ankle articulation is released I'll swith their legs at the knees the same way.

PJ

I saw these tonight at Walmart... they got in like 4 cases, and they look horrible.. Worse than I thought they did from the pictures.

Thats a solution PJ!

I think these figures are cool. I just opened clark to superman and he is real cool. Something i have always wanted. These are much better than the batman begins figures, becuz each superman is in a normal costume, and actually has a purpose. Unlike the batman begins batmans that had all these wierd weapons. And this is coming from someone who likes Batman a lot more than superman

Cool idea PJ with the swap but I am not paying more than $6 for my Superman. Now if they hit $1 clearance 8 months from now like all the BB's did, I will buy some to make a better Sups.

Draven

Yup, i found them today at a local toy shop called hammond toys,

D.

Saw them at my local Walmart here in Phoenix today & I will pass on these fugly toys, thank you!

I saw the figures for the first time at Wal-Mart, there was many on an endcap along with Batman EXP figres and from afar, they looked good...but close up...the face of Superman...looked like the little girl that did the Pepsi commercials... I decided to pass on them.

kndy