WM Wave hitting April 1st...

CapMan1984

I found at http://www.toywiz.com/maleacfibcos1.html :mellow::P @rambo@ @puke@ @cool@ @pun@ its the preorder for the WM set.

$169.99 for a case? Man, it's gonna be $93.96 + tax at Walmart.....dam scalpers.

There's gonna be some gouging on this wave.

I pre-ordered with a Canadian source whose offering the cases for $129. CAD--or essentially $111USD.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant that I fond the set at toywiz to help out somebody. @pow@ #Granade# @smash@ @eyerise@ @poke2@ @jason@

If you wanna help out somebody..buy a bunch of cases at walmart & then ship em to different countries at cost ;)

I found at http://www.toywiz.com/maleacfibcos1.html :mellow::P @rambo@ @puke@ @cool@ @pun@ its the preorder for the WM set.

$169.99 for a case? Man, it's gonna be $93.96 + tax at Walmart.....dam scalpers.

I pre-ordered with a Canadian source whose offering the cases for $129. CAD--or essentially $111USD.

+ taxes and shping and such on top of that right?.. that is if you're not local...

yea I just found out from my source that we won't be getting them in untilll around june as well though, ah wlel

Another update...

I went to WM last night & had quite a thorough conversation with yet another toy dept. employee that actually collects ML herself.

I asked first about the WM ad controversy and she said that 99.9% of the time, exclusives are a one-time deal. That is why they're advertised in the WM bi-weekly adverstisement. Since the WM ML series is going to last much longer than a one-time release, she knew it wouldn't get put in the bi-weekly ad. That explains that... I guess.

I then asked about the backroom and if they keep stuff under lock and key. She said they do, but she didn't know if anything was back there. She also said exclusive merchandise can be held indefinitely until the main WM HQ gives the green light for all the exclusive merchandise to be released. She also noted how it is up to the toy dept. manager whether or not they are going to order the WM ML wave; they have to consider shelf space and floor/main aisle space, so a lot of the non-Supercenter WM don't bother with the exclusives. That was sad to hear... :(

I also asked if they were having to move stuff around for a display and mentioned this wave would probably have one. She agreed, but she noted that they were not supposed to move any island or display until May, so this particular WM might not release the figs until they are done selling the other displays. She thought it would be coincide with the movie releases of Superman and X3 figs and meant that the display was not for ML but for SR and X3 figs. That hurt, too...

Looks like the Supercenters will see me more now, but I won't give up on the smaller WM in Little Rock. They have been the best for me in collecting ML...

Hope this helps in all of your searches. The hunt will begin later this week...... @pun@

+ taxes and shping and such on top of that right?.. that is if you're not local...

yea I just found out from my source that we won't be getting them in untilll around june as well though, ah wlel

Okay, I've just ran the tally I've gotten again........its $138.57 shipped to be w/ taxes included, and that is a USD amount ( apparently), as far as I understand--so I'm forking out $162 CAD for the case......which is nothing really to sneeze at.

So y'all can breathe again.

Sorry,if I ticked of anyone but some one should cheack for the east cost if there out and report back.

or we could hijack a truck or beat up some one for the info. :huh::( #tank# @pow@ @rambo@ @poke2@ @twisted@ @titanic@ #joecool# @duel@@

I'm from Viriginia and we've got nada here. I'm going to try a few other Wal-Marts around me this weekend, but I check my main one 4 times a week while they're stocking and nothing yet. Last thing they got was a few cases of ML 11.

Also, nothing on the X-Men wave 2 either.

Okay, I've just ran the tally I've gotten again........its $138.57 shipped to be w/ taxes included, and that is a USD amount ( apparently), as far as I understand--so I'm forking out $162 CAD for the case......which is nothing really to sneeze at.

So y'all can breathe again.

Yea thats more like it... I'm selling mine for $150 @can@ + whatever shiping turns out to be heh...

which I have no way of figuring out untill I actaully get the cases in :\

I then asked about the backroom and if they keep stuff under lock and key. She said they do, but she didn't know if anything was back there. She also said exclusive merchandise can be held indefinitely until the main WM HQ gives the green light for all the exclusive merchandise to be released. She also noted how it is up to the toy dept. manager whether or not they are going to order the WM ML wave; they have to consider shelf space and floor/main aisle space, so a lot of the non-Supercenter WM don't bother with the exclusives. That was sad to hear... :(

Thanks for the update. And to everyone who has ever told me I just missed them when I've posted about not every Walmart getting exclusive stuff in the past, I think I've earned an "I told you so."

Some guy in Fort Worth TX is claiming to have picked up the whole set already, No pics yet.

Mmmm that's 20 minutes from my crib... I wonder which walmart he hit?

I also received my walmart ad yesterday & no toys at all....so it's getting

suspicious now... @hmmm@

Some guy in Fort Worth TX is claiming to have picked up the whole set already, No pics yet.

suspicious now... @hmmm@

Go check it out bro!

Go Go Go!!!!

:D

suspicious now... @hmmm@

Go check it out bro!

Go Go Go!!!!

:D

Ft.Worth has about 10 walmarts...so I wouldnt' know which he hit.... @hmmm@

I think that everyone has missed the most important part of this entire thread. Look carefully:

I went to WM last night & had quite a thorough conversation with yet another toy dept. employee that actually collects ML herself.

He knows a woman who collects ML! Stop debating about release dates and start asking him if she's single!

@loll@

I think that everyone has missed the most important part of this entire thread. Look carefully:

He knows a woman who collects ML! Stop debating about release dates and start asking him if she's single!

@loll@

I once met a hot sexy blonde going thru the spiderman figs...but then I asked her if she was

a collector, & she said she was only looking for a spiderman fig for her nephew...dam.. @hmmm@

arrow some people here have paid twice that just for a full set in @usa@ funds, crazy I know!

these are nto even gona be hard to find once they hit...

its most likely going to be the largest wave toybiz has ever produced...

I went tonight and saw a giant pallet box sealed up.. it said "toys department, do not unpack"

I thought it was them... but it was stupid bike helmets!