WM Wave hitting April 1st...

CapMan1984

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I wasn't pulling an April Fool's joke. I was just relaying the info I got from a WM toy department manager who surprised me by even knowing about the display.

She said they were gonna be in the "tab" which is the in-company name for the monthly flyer. As I've just recently discovered, they have this year begun putting out two of those a month instead of just one like they used to. So she very well may have meant the 2nd one in the middle of the month or been wrong about it being in the ad at all. They also get regular monthly features in apart from the sales flyer.

I knew posting the info would garner skepticism, but I figured it better to try to alert everyone to the possibility of them coming in rather than let you all be surprised by them showing up suddenly.

its cool.. thanks for sharing what you were told bro

Wal-Mart stores get the ads that come out prior to the general public. My girlfriend checked the ad that starts on March 29th and it runs for a week. There is no mention of Marvel Legends anywhere in the ad. Just thought I'd give everyone a head's up. I don't know if the ad could change or not, or even if there will be any mention of these in the ad.

This is the best argument I have heard so far. IF, they were planned to be in the ad then the April 1st thing must be totally made up. In addition, no other ML wave has had a set date and it would not make sense for this one to either. Usually stores just put them out when they get them.

Wal-Mart stores get the ads that come out prior to the general public. My girlfriend checked the ad that starts on March 29th and it runs for a week. There is no mention of Marvel Legends anywhere in the ad. Just thought I'd give everyone a head's up. I don't know if the ad could change or not, or even if there will be any mention of these in the ad.

This is the best argument I have heard so far. IF, they were planned to be in the ad then the April 1st thing must be totally made up. In addition, no other ML wave has had a set date and it would not make sense for this one to either. Usually stores just put them out when they get them.

well, this aint a normal wave.. it is an exclusive wave that should be advertised.. when stuff usually gets advertised, it has a special release date..

some case I see say "rush to floor" or have a release date on them and say "do not break down" etc.

If they have dates on the cases for April first we should have already heard reports of them hitting the stores in Cali for at least two reasons

Some workers would post the findings somewhere.

No WM release for toys has hit without breaking a date. So this close we would have already at least seen some trickle out.

Bottom line, if they hit April first it won't be at all WM's. Maybe only West Coast. My money is on mid April to early May.

Allright Juggalo your now the 4th person to suggest an april fools joke. Why would you pull an april fools joke thats not on April fools/ Then again you could be right and we just want them so bad we don't want to think of it as a joke

The reason some suggest the thing being a trick is that some may actually check on the first day of April and end up being empty handed., thus april fools.

No, I wasn't pulling an April Fool's joke. I was just relaying the info I got from a WM toy department manager who surprised me by even knowing about the display.

She said they were gonna be in the "tab" which is the in-company name for the monthly flyer. As I've just recently discovered, they have this year begun putting out two of those a month instead of just one like they used to. So she very well may have meant the 2nd one in the middle of the month or been wrong about it being in the ad at all. They also get regular monthly features in apart from the sales flyer.

I knew posting the info would garner skepticism, but I figured it better to try to alert everyone to the possibility of them coming in rather than let you all be surprised by them showing up suddenly.

its cool.. thanks for sharing what you were told bro

Yeah, thanks for sharing that new info, Maxim. I won't have access to a WM from March 29 - April 2nd personally, so this stuff isn't that relevant for me.

Hey I'll be in the u.s. that day maybe I can pop by a wm as if I'll find em :D

Pick a whole case for me, LOL.

JOhnny Bizarro

I really hope the outerreaches comes through, especially since they charged us already.

They already charged you ? D@mn, that's fast, LOL. I emailed them before I planned to preorder the set, and they couldn't garantee a set for me, so I didn't preorder at the last minute. I was going to be put on a list instead of actually preordering it. Anyway, good luck dude.

JOhnny Bizarro

hmmm if they are charging allready then I need to check in with my guy :D wooo!

Whats the due date for the outerreaches?.. Like ... when do they normaly charge before they get stuff in?.

hmmm if they are charging allready then I need to check in with my guy :D wooo!

Whats the due date for the outerreaches?.. Like ... when do they normaly charge before they get stuff in?.

well, that depends, if you buy using a freaking coupon then they charge you the next few days after preordering. If not, then I don't know, I've never bought without Adrian's Coupon code :P .

JOhnny Bizarro

yup I'll start buging em next week :) & see what other goodies I can get from em while I'm at it... Gona see how much I can get icons and two packs for if posable :D

Okay, I have an update on the WM series.

Tonight around 10 PM, I called one of the WM here in Little Rock (probably the best place out of all WM, TRU, and Target's in LR to get ML) and talked with the main worker in the toy department. We have good rapport, so she is willing to help me out with as much info as she is allowed.

I asked about the WM wave, and she said THEY HAVE THEM! She found out the cases also had a display with them, but all was under lock and key. Not even the normal employees are allowed to get to these cases; that keeps the WM backdoor scalpers out of harm's way, for now.

She doesn't know when they're allowed to put the cases out, but she said to call every night from now until the end of the month. SHE SAID THAT, not me.

Henceforth, given that new info and Maxim's current update on the WM ad being released twice a month, I'm waiting for the gun so I can win this race against the scalpers. @smilepunch@

I understand if you're skeptical; I'm still a little iffy on when they come.

Any suggestions on how to get into that room? => #tank#

Well I have a Wal-Mart shmock (sp?), you know, that blue vest thing Walmart employees wear, I could put that on and just sneak into the stock rooms and perpetrate a jack move.

maxi and who ever else, considering that its april fools that day theres no reason to be upset about what anyone else is saying, if it was not you reporting it you would probly think the same things ;)

personlay it wouldn't surprise me, toybiz has to get the wm/ waves 13-15, twopacks, and icons out by what date? :D before hasbro takes over... So were gona be seeing just a massive, MASSIVe amount of release of figuers as they get them made up and shiped out!! I'd buy anything yall see cause these last few waves and figures are gona be the hardest to get out of all the lines!

]

Okay, I have an update on the WM series.

Tonight around 10 PM, I called one of the WM here in Little Rock (probably the best place out of all WM, TRU, and Target's in LR to get ML) and talked with the main worker in the toy department. We have good rapport, so she is willing to help me out with as much info as she is allowed.

I asked about the WM wave, and she said THEY HAVE THEM! She found out the cases also had a display with them, but all was under lock and key. Not even the normal employees are allowed to get to these cases; that keeps the WM backdoor scalpers out of harm's way, for now.

She doesn't know when they're allowed to put the cases out, but she said to call every night from now until the end of the month. SHE SAID THAT, not me.

Henceforth, given that new info and Maxim's current update on the WM ad being released twice a month, I'm waiting for the gun so I can win this race against the scalpers. @smilepunch@

I understand if you're skeptical; I'm still a little iffy on when they come.

That's incredible news! I was figuring on waiting until sometime in May before we see these. I honestly thought it was an elaborate April Fool's joke. I wonder if all WM's are gonna put these out at the same time, or if different stores will get the okay at different times. Would a WM in San Diego put them out the same time as Little Rock or New York? I wonder.

April 1st is a Saturday! That really sucks for me since I can really only get to Walmart early during the week. Rats! Then again, my Walmart is at the end of the country so we usually get things later than everyone else. Oh man, I am pumped for that Giantman!

I have been looking for them for 2 months, wizard's site saids late april. but they have had some promles, I hope there comming this week because im out for SB. @hmmm@ #US1# ;) #tank# @Spidey@