CustomMarvel Legends Snake-Eyes v.2 & Timber

Sephiroth

First, I want to say thanks to everyone who made comments while it was still a work in progress. Your support really makes these custom projects worth-while.

There haven't been too many additions to my custom Snake-Eyes since I posted on it last, but I did finally get around to making the removable backpack which finally completes this custom project. For the backpack, I used ML Nick Fury's jetpack as the base and heavily modified/sculpted it with Apoxie Sculpt. The backpack uses two metal hooks that attach to belt on Snake-Eyes' back. It has two rubber attachement points (made from those little comm-link things that some 3 3/4" figures came with) that can secure the sword firmly in place as well as the uzi and many other weapons/accessories.

Here's some pics:

1141256704741_SE_Backpack_4.jpg

Snake-Eyes comes complete with the following removable weapons/accessories: Backpack, Knife, Pistol, Uzi, Long Sword, Wrist-Arrow, and Timber.

1143648888883_SE_Backpack_3.jpg

1143860780701_SE_Backpack_2.jpg

1142719193754_SE_Backpack_1.jpg

Snake-Eyes, Agent of SHIELD? Well, I did use Nick Fury as the base for this custom which is kinda cool since the original Snake-Eyes character was strongly influenced by one of Larry Hama's "Fury Force" characters.

Now that this figure is done, I can begin work on another custom...although I'm not sure who my next custom will be yet. Let me know who you guys think I should make and I'll definitely consider it

man.. that is really beautiful, one of the best customs I have ever seen. I would buy that figure in a second, and if they ever do a Legends style treatment of these guys, that is what Snake Eyes should look like.

He is truly awesome.

the only thing you could have done to improve him is possibly use a better base.. Nick Fury is pretty ancient now @lol@.... Snake Eyes could use a figure with an ab-crunch joint..

the only thing you could have done to improve him is possibly use a better base.. Nick Fury is pretty ancient now @lol@.... Snake Eyes could use a figure with an ab-crunch joint..

Thanks! Yeah, I would have liked that added articulation, but I couldn't find a suitable base to use that was the right height, had the right proportions and was not already heavily sculpted.

Very cool, awesome work Sephiroth. As for your next custom how 'bout Zartan?

OMG! I just noticed that my ML Snake-Eyes was selected as the Custom of the Week! That's was totally unexpected and very coo of ADC! This totally made my day!

I appreciate all the nice comments, I'm glad that you guys liked it! Excellent suggestions for my next custom project. I might have to keep this one a surprise until it's completely done.

Concerning the visor; I sculpted it in two layers using Apoxie Sculpt. The first layer was the foundation (basically a wide strip at the top and a smaller thin strip on the bottom, from ear to ear) and was allowed to dry. I sanded the first layer until it was smooth and looked the right shape. I then sculpted a second layer of Apoxie Sculpt on top of the first layer's wide strip. Once I had it lined up and looking the right shape, I then took a razor and started making straight visor lines which stopped at the original foundation. I let the visor harden again and sanded it and polished up the visor lines again until it appears now. The two circle ear pieces were cut from parts of a ML Blade motorcyle.

Thanks again, guys!

Thats the coolest Joe thing I've seen.