JLU Figure Dilemna...

jabbapeconi

Ok, so im graduating hopefully soon. So ive really been going through my toys etc, and figuring out what i really love and what i can move on without.

Now ive already got a 17 figure DCD collection( 18 soon), im going for the JLA characters, well knwon baddies, and batmans rogues gallery.

Now a while ago i really got into JLU via Booster golds episode, i now have 9 figures of the JLU. I still have no idea if the show is going on or not etc.

Now my dilemna is, whether to keep these or move on without them. The figs are cool, i like the style, the scale, and the general appeal of the. On the down side, i only have 9, i have lots more to buy to get a good collection, and also with the future of the show in the air, im confused.

Am i better in all the DC fans opinions, to keep them, and finish it off? Or move on with out them and invest more into DCD which will not die soon, and also i have more of a collection established.

Opinions, suggestions etc, are needed here @can@

I understand your delima man... I really do. I recently decided I needed to cut back on the toy collecting myself. I pretty much boxed up and stoped collecting almost everything I was in to... GI Joe, Marvel Legends, Marvel SHS, DCD... but the only thhing I still have out and on display is my JLU figure collection. I fon;t know what it is about them... THey are not super articulated. They are not the best for displaying (cause they fall over way to easily. You get stuck buying multiples of a bunch of figures you don't need just to get a new one in a three pack... some of them look little like their cartoon counter parts... but for some reason I can't seem to bring myself to put them away or stop collecting them. I love them! If I were you I would keep collecting JLU... But I do understand that your JLU collection is not that extensive and if you are anything like me you want to have a whole roster of heroes on your shelf! I can totally understand why you would want to dump JLU for DCD. Sorry. Guess that wasn't much help!

Oh and this may help you. THe JLU cartoon is officially coming to and end. Only a hand full of episodes left to air before it goes bye-bye. If you only want to collect the figures because of new episodes then that may give you your answer. after 3 or 4 more weeks... JLU cartoons will be no more. But if it is nNOT the cartoons but rather new ctoy product that will keep you interested them stick with them for at least another year. THere is a whole slew of new stuff that was show at toyfair that should be coming out over the next year or so. Some really great figures are in there.

Edited by KamenDreda

Seemed like you love them since you got em, so keep em man!

I understand your delima man... I really do. I recently decided I needed to cut back on the toy collecting myself. I pretty much boxed up and stoped collecting almost everything I was in to... GI Joe, Marvel Legends, Marvel SHS, DCD... but the only thhing I still have out and on display is my JLU figure collection. I fon;t know what it is about them... THey are not super articulated. They are not the best for displaying (cause they fall over way to easily. You get stuck buying multiples of a bunch of figures you don't need just to get a new one in a three pack... some of them look little like their cartoon counter parts... but for some reason I can't seem to bring myself to put them away or stop collecting them. I love them! If I were you I would keep collecting JLU... But I do understand that your JLU collection is not that extensive and if you are anything like me you want to have a whole roster of heroes on your shelf! I can totally understand why you would want to dump JLU for DCD. Sorry. Guess that wasn't much help!

Oh and this may help you. THe JLU cartoon is officially coming to and end. Only a hand full of episodes left to air before it goes bye-bye. If you only want to collect the figures because of new episodes then that may give you your answer. after 3 or 4 more weeks... JLU cartoons will be no more. But if it is nNOT the cartoons but rather new ctoy product that will keep you interested them stick with them for at least another year. THere is a whole slew of new stuff that was show at toyfair that should be coming out over the next year or so. Some really great figures are in there.

Ya man, your exactly on my wave length. Ive pretty much stopped SO many lines, SW, ML, i still nab the odd DCD etc. But these are really cool, but i think im gonna have to let em go and or donate them to charity.

I just cant allocate space to something that is gonna be finished.. DCD will be my DC fix id say. Thnks for ur input man. I think alotta us collectors are in these situations as of late etc.

if you have the common guys then it probably is not worth it. it also might become expensive as some of the harder to find characters have disappeared from stores. seems mattel is really pushing the new stuff as the dr light and vixen 3 packs are out in major force and there are some cool guys coming out.

Eh.. they are small enough, I say just store em someplace and keep em... Unless they are mosc, then like boff says, get rid of them, or at least. .. get rid of them if they are not hard to find ;S

I wasn't going to collect the JLU toys until I saw that I could get characters that have never had a toy like Hawk and Dove and some of the Green Lantern Corps. I'm also happy that I have a few because i want to get all of the Justice Lords.

I think you should keep what you have, but just be very selective in purchasing new figures.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...I collected the JLU stuff....but only focused on the 3-packs. I only purchased single packs that were not included in the 3-packs and then the 10" figures. I didn't realize later on that the single packs came with accessories and the 3-packs didn't.

Anyway, to answer your question... collecting JLU is not cheap and with older 3-packs clogging the pegs, sometimes I wonder if I'll ever find the newer 3-packs.

But I love the animation and I don't regret buying them but if you must choose DCD or JLU... well, one thing with DCD is that they are releasing stuff like crazy and you can pretty much find two or three versions of Batman or Superman it seems every month or two months. That in itself...if you are a hard core collector or a completist, it will cost you a lot more money.

BTW...just got back at Wal-Mart and saw a red sticker with delete on the single packs. I asked the person in charge and she said that it means they won't be getting them in anymore.

With what is hapenning with the series, I hope this does not mean that stores are going to pull them off their shelves. WM just started with the singles...and not sure if it's just my store but would suck if they abandon the line since they just started with it.

kndy

Buy more DC Direct figures and cherry-pick JLU. At least that's what I do. DCD is still one of my favorite companies, but I also get the occasional JLU figure. I'm really looking forward to Etrigan Vigilante!