I saw the bat 6 pack, and a couple of the single packs today in TRU

THEY ARE THERE I GOT MINE TODAY.

WAVE 3 AND THE LOCKDOWN WERE THERE.

FIGS 5.99

6PACK I GOT FOR 19.99

@grumpy@ $5.99 for singles??

AHHHHHHH.....

BULLSH@#!!! @grumpy@

I may have to wait till somebody else in the retail industry gets them....one of those evil chains that cater to POOR people!

FIGS 5.99

6PACK I GOT FOR 19.99

AHHHHHHH.....

BULLSH@#!!! @grumpy@

I may have to wait till somebody else in the retail industry gets them....one of those evil chains that cater to POOR people!

...they're 5.99 at HTS anyhow, you're paying the same price only you don't have to deal with shipping. technically, its a better deal. don't see what the problem is.

my tru had viper lockdown and the bat 6-pack out, but no single cards yet. asked one of the floor managers who got incredibly excited and ran to a computer to check it out, said the single packs are in the store and will more than likely be put out with tomorrow's product. he was about to go rummage through the back and said it'd be a bit since they had a lot of crap to go through, but i told him not to worry about it. i already have what i want from wave 3, i'm just looking to army build some crimson guards @firedevil@

got mine today

762e6515.jpg

the new sigma 6 are out too

Edited by jjlecaros

they had htem at dublin and in hayward

FIGS 5.99

6PACK I GOT FOR 19.99

AHHHHHHH.....

BULLSH@#!!! @grumpy@

...they're 5.99 at HTS anyhow, you're paying the same price only you don't have to deal with shipping. technically, its a better deal. don't see what the problem is.

I haven't bought anything at HTS since they went to $5.99. That's outrageous even for online, but to have them return to retail for the same price makes it asinine. @grumpy@

They're SINGLE packs for cryin' out loud! I see it as a big problem.....for me, not anyone else of course. :(

My TRU seems to have just staryed their reset. I didn't even see any Sigma figures, so I will have to wait a few more days.

VH, the art design is what drove up the price. To go back to "Vintage style" on larger cards is to expect a higher price-point. It was cheaper with the CVS and Dollar Store ones because they took existing art and put it on small scale cards.

Edited by Forcehunter

VH, the art design is what drove up the price. To go back to "Vintage style" on larger cards is to expect a higher price-point. It was cheaper with the CVS and Dollar Store ones because they took existing art and put it on small scale cards.

That might be so (or what some may want us to accept as a reason.."the artwork") but it makes no difference to me, and the artwork is of no big deal to me.

I want the toy inside...not the pretty packaging I'm going to rip open anyway. I find the packaging no more involved or worth more, than any of the previous packaging designs. COOLER...most definitely! Did it cost MORE to make? I'm not inclined to think so. <_<

The raise in costs is not just art but single cards.

Draven

Wouldn't there be MORE paper and plastic housing 2 figures instead of a single? I'm not sure how you figure the single packs would garner more expense over the 2-packs?

Wouldn't there be MORE paper and plastic housing 2 figures instead of a single? I'm not sure how you figure the single packs would garner more expense over the 2-packs?

Assuming the figure quantities are equal, more materials would be used on 50,000 single packs (for instance) than 25,000 2-packs. And with 2-packs you need one set of art. With two singles you'd need a set for each card design.

Assuming the figure quantities are equal, more materials would be used on 50,000 single packs (for instance) than 25,000 2-packs. And with 2-packs you need one set of art. With two singles you'd need a set for each card design.

The single packs are smaller than the 2-packs, and all the artwork and graphics are just ink at this point, and i don't see there being that much more "ink" being used to cover the cardboard of a single pack versus a 2-pack, and the cardboard of the single packs is pretty flimsy even.

50,000 is twice the amount of 25,000 (obviously) so it's only common sense that MORE materials go into making twice as much of something. If they produced 50,000 2-packs and 50,000 single packs....the overall materials in making those single packs is going to be LESS than the 2-packs. The number of figures is irrelevant, just as is the number of people that buy them are.

If all 50,000 of them SELLOUT....does it matter if it was all by individuals or by 500 people buying multiples? The number sold and profit is still the same...right?

The single packs are smaller than the 2-packs, and all the artwork and graphics are just ink at this point, and i don't see there being that much more "ink" being used to cover the cardboard of a single pack versus a 2-pack, and the cardboard of the single packs is pretty flimsy even.

It's not just about the ink, it's about the art. Those designs don't just pop out of thin air, they need to be created. Illustrations are generally commissioned out-of-house. Package design is done in-house, but it's still the difference between designing a single 2-pack card vs. two different single packs. And a print production run for 50,000 units will cost less PER UNIT than a run of 25,000.

50,000 is twice the amount of 25,000 (obviously) so it's only common sense that MORE materials go into making twice as much of something.

It might seem like common sense at first glance, but this is about costing, not just material usage. In short, the more you buy, the more you save. The cost of producing two different packages is more than the cost of producing one package.

Things at the manufacturing level are totally different than at the end-consumer level. As collectors, most are comparing one 2-pack to one single pack. Hasbro doesn't do business like that. They have to compare a run of 50,000 figures sold as 2-packs to a run of 50,000 figures sold in single packs. The associated costs, would could vary by pennies, add up quickly.

If they produced 50,000 2-packs and 50,000 single packs....the overall materials in making those single packs is going to be LESS than the 2-packs. The number of figures is irrelevant, just as is the number of people that buy them are.

The number of figures is VERY relevant. Hasbro's not going to suddenly double their run of figures simply because they've decided to package them together. In fact, they're more likely to make fewer figures because of the higher pricepoint. This is where common sense comes in; more consumers can afford a lower pricepoint than a higher pricepoint.

If all 50,000 of them SELLOUT....does it matter if it was all by individuals or by 500 people buying multiples? The number sold and profit is still the same...right?

In that case, yes. But that holds true for product at any price. You're no longer comparing a 2-pack to a single pack.

Bottom line: You can say "the artwork is of no big deal to me," but obviously the costs involved still impact you.

Draven, I love the sig! My fav blonde is now on the Joe board!

Back to the subject at hand, I am seriously hoping that TRU will standardize their stock. Im hearing reports of people finding different waves across the country though it seems it is mostly wave three. How much is the HISS going for those of you who are finding it?

exactly, not to mention tha the double packs shared a standardized front of the package and only a differentiated back, while the single packs have different front and backs. this design change leads to printing changes, which result in production changes, set up changes, etc. etc., that cost money.

50,000 is twice the amount of 25,000 (obviously) so it's only common sense that MORE materials go into making twice as much of something. If they produced 50,000 2-packs and 50,000 single packs....the overall materials in making those single packs is going to be LESS than the 2-packs. The number of figures is irrelevant, just as is the number of people that buy them are.

but it is also common sense, withing the busines and production world at least, that the more you produce of something the less each individual unit costs, so it isn't just about the amount of materials used but the cost of the materials used for each individual unit. in regards to the double packs, the more figures Hasbro makes the cheaper each figure gets per figure because the more plastic they have to buy the cheaper it gets, so Hasbro could make more figures for double packs at a cost very near what it costs to make a production run of the same amount of packaged products of single figures.

you seem to think there is a flat rate for producing figures that only increases or decreases with the amount of figures produced, which is simply incorrect.