walmart figure price increase????????? WTF?

KENNY GUIDO

So what's the big deal? The store has a right to raise it's prices. Things like this happen with theft, it makes the prices go up. If a store is missising lots of inventory in the toy department then thay will at some point raise the price. Stop stashing and this might not happen. I know you don't think what you do might may have caused this and I don't know if you stash at Walmart but if a store starts out with so many figures and then they don't have these and their system shows no record of their sales they treat it as theft. If they find enough theft the price goes up on all the figures. I have seen it happen with Toys r us.

Besides If it bothers you so much just don't shop at Walmart. You have Target and toys R us you can shop in.

So what's the big deal? The store has a right to raise it's prices. Things like this happen with theft, it makes the prices go up. If a store is missising lots of inventory in the toy department then thay will at some point raise the price. Stop stashing and this might not happen. I know you don't think what you do might may have caused this and I don't know if you stash at Walmart but if a store starts out with so many figures and then they don't have these and their system shows no record of their sales they treat it as theft. If they find enough theft the price goes up on all the figures. I have seen it happen with Toys r us.

Besides If it bothers you so much just don't shop at Walmart. You have Target and toys R us you can shop in.

What are you talking about it didn't bother me it suprised me.This isn't going to stop me from getting them at Walmart

Edited by Wheeljack35

Thats quite the odd price...

What are you talking about it didn't bother me it suprised me.his isn't going to stop me from getting them at Walmart

There are more people than you, (it is not all about you man) just because he postes after you does not mean that he was replying to you.. Kenny posted it so maybe he was talking to him.

I agree about the stashing thing and how it can screw with the inventory lists. I know poeple that work at wal mart and when they do inventory and the numbers do not add up it can affect prices (not always but there is the possibility it could). Besides, it is not just Wal Mart, it could be Hasbro raising prices.

Man.. How come people dont complain on the message boards when Doritos go up in price?

I'll have to check the Snack section, or maybe see if there's a

Snack News International planned.. @loll@

PEOPLE... everything goes up in price... GAS, DIAPERS, COFFEE, DORITOS.. and yes.. AT-AT DRIVERS... it all has to do with our crumbling economy, companies aren't making enough money anymore to pay their employees, meet 401k plans, pay insurances, and all sorts of other stuff, so they have to raise prices..

Some companies couldn't do this for a while, say the airlines for example, the couldn't raise prices, so they had to cut jobs, car companies couldn't raise prices, so they had to shut factories and cut jobs...

Companies that can benifit from raising their price can... Frito-Lay does this every other year.. one year they raise the price of their bag, the next year they shrink the bag... When I started working for them 6 years ago, the $2.99 bag was 18oz. Now, dependig on the flavor they're 10-12oz bags.. and cost $3.49... look at the $.99 bag next time yuo're at the register.. yeah, they haven't raised the price, but I swear, they're sooo tiny now-a-days, they're almost the size of what a quarter bag used to be, lol...

The fact is that companies are going to raise prices, when the SAGA figs first came out, they were $6.99 at Target, and about a buck cheaper at Walmart.. Now they look to be flopping and Target has the cheaper price.. but I bet that wont last and soon, Target's prices will be back up near the $6.50-$7 range.. it all depends on what hasbro is charging Walmart and Target, and how much they can profit off them... Sadly we dont live in the age of a $3-$5 Star Wars or GI Joe figure anymroe, and I doubt we'll ever see that again.

What are you talking about it didn't bother me it suprised me.his isn't going to stop me from getting them at Walmart

Wheeljack I was refering to Kenny not you. When I was typing my reply your post wasn't there yet. Sorry if you thought I was talking to you. I know you don't stash.

Man.. How come people dont complain on the message boards when Doritos go up in price?

I'll have to check the Snack section, or maybe see if there's a

Snack News International planned.. @loll@

PEOPLE... everything goes up in price... GAS, DIAPERS, COFFEE, DORITOS.. and yes.. AT-AT DRIVERS... it all has to do with our crumbling economy, companies aren't making enough money anymore to pay their employees, meet 401k plans, pay insurances, and all sorts of other stuff, so they have to raise prices..

Some companies couldn't do this for a while, say the airlines for example, the couldn't raise prices, so they had to cut jobs, car companies couldn't raise prices, so they had to shut factories and cut jobs...

Companies that can benifit from raising their price can... Frito-Lay does this every other year.. one year they raise the price of their bag, the next year they shrink the bag... When I started working for them 6 years ago, the $2.99 bag was 18oz. Now, dependig on the flavor they're 10-12oz bags.. and cost $3.49... look at the $.99 bag next time yuo're at the register.. yeah, they haven't raised the price, but I swear, they're sooo tiny now-a-days, they're almost the size of what a quarter bag used to be, lol...

The fact is that companies are going to raise prices, when the SAGA figs first came out, they were $6.99 at Target, and about a buck cheaper at Walmart.. Now they look to be flopping and Target has the cheaper price.. but I bet that wont last and soon, Target's prices will be back up near the $6.50-$7 range.. it all depends on what hasbro is charging Walmart and Target, and how much they can profit off them... Sadly we dont live in the age of a $3-$5 Star Wars or GI Joe figure anymroe, and I doubt we'll ever see that again.

Very good point Joe. I hadn't thought about that. It could be Hasbro raising the price, but if it isn't then walmart whatever the reason for the price increase has the right to do so just like you said and Kenny really shouldn't be bitching. For someone who comes here and brags about how much money he has, he really is cheap. He probably can afford ten times what the rest of us can and we pay retail price for them. I just don't understand why the people with the most money cry the loudest about prices.

Edited by TOYMAN65

I think this is going to be a trend with the toy industry...everything else is going up in America and there is obviously a demand and you know, a dollar increase is not going to hurt anything. Heck, even if it went $7.99, people will still buy them up.

Anyway, going to $6.63 is not much when I first paid for Saga 1 at Target for $6.49. I hate price increases but like monthly gas payment for my car and SUV...that frustrates me a lot more than paying a almost a dollar more for a figure.

kndy

I found two more Hoth figures today and when I went to pay they were $6.63 apeice I figured WTF?They pegs still had there $5.88 price on it

Same here...that's why I only bought the vader & left the hoth & at driver on the pegs.

Wheeljack I was refering to Kenny not you. When I was typing my reply your post wasn't there yet. Sorry if you thought I was talking to you. I know you don't stash.

He does this alot Toyman.

I and everyone else knew that you were talking to Kenny.

Oh Joe, sign me up for Snack News International :D

Not a huge shock. I bet after a few months Walmart lowers them again. They seem to do this a lot. Example TMNT figures. Last year $4.44 then $5.48 for about 5 months. Now back to $4.44.

Draven

Not a huge shock. I bet after a few months Walmart lowers them again. They seem to do this a lot. Example TMNT figures. Last year $4.44 then $5.48 for about 5 months. Now back to $4.44.

Draven

Agreed. I Remember how they went up with the Commtechs.. Maybe the price increase is for better articulation and sculpts?

Oh well.

I personally don't have a problem w/ a store raising the price, especially when they are selling lower than every other store. IMO the figs just aren't worth it anymore at the pricepoint Hasbro & the stores want to charge. I used to be a hardcore SW collector but now I could care less about getting my 100th "different" Vader (different only in packaging). Would rather spend my money on new things like the Titanium stuff.

hey jerk-off, all walmarts are raising thier prices. I guess I have to stop stashing in every friggin walmart in the contintental united states so they will keep the prices down? @loll@

btw, AMAZON rose thier prices to $8.99. I guess I should stop stashing at AMAZON.COM. @smilepunch@

Word is that TARGET is raising thier prices to $7.99 as well.

hey jerk-off

Well, now THAT'S the pot calling the kettle black......

Anyway, I don't really feel like paying over $6.00 for ANY 3 3/4" figure. I'll give them credit, amy of these newer figures have been really fantastic, and I know the license costs alot, but still.

hey jerk-off, all walmarts are raising thier prices. I guess I have to stop stashing in every friggin walmart in the contintental united states so they will keep the prices down? @loll@

btw, AMAZON rose thier prices to $8.99. I guess I should stop stashing at AMAZON.COM. @smilepunch@

Oh and you know that EVERY Walmart in the continental United States has raised their price? WOW you must really get around Kenny. Speak for the Walmarts you have been to personally and let others in the forum report on the Walmarts in their area. If you don't like the flak you get for being a stasher then stop bragging about it. You can't come here to brag that you do it and then start bitching when someone tells you that do to people stashing ( not just you) causes stores to see the missing inventory as theft , and that it's not a possible cause for the price increase. I told you I saw this happen at Toys R us. Maybe you should stop stashing and Grow up! You claim you make lots of money so why the need to stash? Those of us that don't quite make what you might make in a year pay the retail price. Why do you feel you're so special? It's always the people that have the money that cry the loudest about the prices.

I never said that because you stash that was the reason for the price increase but only that because people like you and many others that do stash, it might be a possible reason. There is theft in stores too Kenny and no one here has accused you of shoplifting. Your quote of amazon.com just shows how childish you are. ( all your little @loll@ @smilepunch@ that you post when someone gets under your skin just proves how child like you can act) You can dish it out, you just can't take it. If a store is charging more than you want to pay then don't shop there. @bounce@

Edited by TOYMAN65

Oh and you know that EVERY Walmart in the continental United States has raised their price? WOW you must really get around Kenny. Speak for the Walmarts you have been to personally and let others in the forum report on the Walmarts in their area. If you don't like the flak you get for being a stasher then stop bragging about it. You can't come here to brag that you do it and then start bitching when someone tells you that do to people stashing ( not just you) causes stores to see the missing inventory as theft , and that it's not a possible cause for the price increase. I told you I saw this happen at Toys R us. Maybe you should stop stashing and Grow up! You claim you make lots of money so why the need to stash? Those of us that don't quite make what you might make in a year pay the retail price. Why do you feel you're so special? It's always the people that have the money that cry the loudest about the prices.

I never said that because you stash that was the reason for the price increase but only that because people like you and many others that do stash, it might be a possible reason. There is theft in stores too Kenny and no one here has accused you of shoplifting. Your quote of amazon.com just shows how childish you are. ( all your little @loll@ @smilepunch@ that you post when someone gets under your skin just proves how child like you can act) You can dish it out, you just can't take it. If a store is charging more than you want to pay then don't shop there. @bounce@

ok, so tell me why the hell did AMAZON raise thier prices to $8.99? lemme guess.....MAIL FRAUD? @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

as for shoplifting, I havent done that in a long, long time. @smilepunch@

hey jerk-off, .

@loll@ @loll@