CONFIRMED!!! TRU Exclusive 3.75" Single Figs

Angelus

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell good news for me (If its true) my TRU is a short drive away, it ain't closing and unless you guys know any other collectors in the Wilmington, NC area I'll have free reign on whatever I want. Hell my TRU still has like 6-8 of the Gi Joe Hydrofoils and a few 6-packs still.

Interesting news, I am wondering however if that mean that they will not be coming out with HTS exclusive figures that they were "looking into" at the con. Still great news and I am wondering if that is the reason that we have seen the viper lockdown and the ice sabre removed from HTS.

No offense to Angelus, but as Xhairs said, I'll believe it when I see it.

There has already been quite a bit of discussion about "finding" singles at TRU. AND the singles have been listed in the computer since January, but most of us speculated that it was merely a return of items bought of Amazon.

I hope it IS true though. The local TRU closed last week, but I'm moving to Albuquerque soon, so it doesn't matter.

Not really EXCLUSIVE, if a ton of online retailers are carrying them as well.

What if, as someone else suggested, this is an exclusive-to-TRU and as-yet-unannounced wave of DTC-style figures? In other words...not Wave 4. Maybe this is where the Cobra Commander, Firefly, etc will be released?

Walmart has an exclusive wave of Marvel Legends coming out. I know Walmart is 1000 times bigger than TRU, but since the DTC stuff is largely frankensteined, maybe it wouldn't be that expensive to have 6 exclusive figures. TRU is already ponying up money for exclusive 6-packs, why not a wave of singles as well?

Could be very interesting. Although, if it was a truly exclusive wave (ie not Wave 4) something would have leaked by now. Right?

I MUST AGREE WITH BLASTER ELL

I BET WE DONT SEE THEM OVER HERE IN EUROPE @sad@

MY NEAREST TRU IS 30 MILES AWAY

AT IT IS POT LUCK IF THEY HAVE ANY IN

I DID GET A RINGNECK FROM THERE AT XMAS

SO ITS A HIT OR MISS

BUT WE WONT GET THE NEW STUFF HAY WE NEVER EVEN GOT VENOM AND VALOR IN THEM YET

Not really EXCLUSIVE, if a ton of online retailers are carrying them as well.

What if, as someone else suggested, this is an exclusive-to-TRU and as-yet-unannounced wave of DTC-style figures? In other words...not Wave 4. Maybe this is where the Cobra Commander, Firefly, etc will be released?

Walmart has an exclusive wave of Marvel Legends coming out. I know Walmart is 1000 times bigger than TRU, but since the DTC stuff is largely frankensteined, maybe it wouldn't be that expensive to have 6 exclusive figures. TRU is already ponying up money for exclusive 6-packs, why not a wave of singles as well?

Could be very interesting. Although, if it was a truly exclusive wave (ie not Wave 4) something would have leaked by now. Right?

Yeah not really an exclusive but it will get 3/3/4 out in the stores as well as perhaps lead to some TRU exclusives, that is cool with me. The point is it feels empty when I go to a store and do not see any 3/3/4 figures :(

i forgot to mention how pissed i was when my last couple 6 packs were a couple dollars more then the sticker said and then realized hasbro jacked up their prices when i got on this forum that night... their were soo many crimson guards back then...so many...

and will toys r us be getting vehicles? cuz i just paid 20 bucks for a fricken hummer from hts

Haven't the HTS/DTC assortments ALWAYS been listed in the TRU system? Those SKN #'s were always available at TRU because they sell them on THEIR online store also, just not at their retail outlets.

You could always scan the barcodes, of a DTC bought package, at a local TRU store and have it register a price.

I don't know if the description of "exclusive" tells us anything conclusive on them being set up for release at retail, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Online collecting is a bore! ^_^

i just talked with a local manager here, and he said these are new sku's.. just recently added in..

and he knows Joe, he took DTC returns from a Amazon order

and he said the Sku's were totally different, and that it seems to him, this stuff is being ordered for the brick and Mortar stores. he also said he would try to find out more from higher up if they knew anything.

Well, well well, it would appear that my ambition for getting toys online only seems to have been dampered, a good thing to. Hopefully this will lead to a procrastination in the line with some life after the said wave 5.

I will definitely not be getting any more 6-packs or single pack figures unless I'm totally desperate for them...which i'm not.

The only way Hasbro is EVER going to get me to buy a 6-pack without having any doubts in my mind about it is if there was a GIJOE 6-pack with Shockwave in it(and since the 1988 mold hasn't been reused, chances are only the 1992 DEF mold is still left, and it can be used with a dark blue and black paint scheme, with camouflauge much like the original's).

Well you also have to consider that BBI and SHS figures are about the same scale and cost roughly the same without having problems selling too much. It still beats having to buy a 2 pack at $7.99 and usually having a crap figure you already have or don`t want just to get the on you do. Plus at TRU they occasionally run sales so that helps too. Buying them online at that price was getting expensive when you factor in the shipping costs. It cost me about $25 to buy 3 Cobra Troopers on HTS where as now it will be alot less