Big Scalper encounter today...

Gordan_Freeman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raise your hand if you've never bought anything on Ebay for more than retail. I didn't think so. We've all done it...myself included and this is basically the same thing.

Uh...*raises hand*...i've never used ebay once in my life, so i'm sorry to burst your bubble on the whole "We've all done it" thing.

Congratulations. Your gold star is in the mail.

Awesome! That's all i ask for, man.

Edited by slao

I'll buy stuff off ebay but not at high (scalper) prices. If they want more than $15 for a ML I don't care how rare it is, they can keep it.

Buying statues and other collectibles off ebay is actually cheaper than retail if you can buy when the item is first released!

Buying statues and other collectibles off ebay is actually cheaper than retail if you can buy when the item is first released!

This is true. I got the new Colossus statue (first in the Dark Phoenix Saga Series) for $60 shipped and it retail's for $85. So I guess Ebay isn't totally evil...

As far as when i see scalpers selling ML's or any other figures at sky-high prices(depending, but for me that is $15 and up), i just don't pay the price they want, it is that simple. That's all you got to do, but my ownly gripe is the outrageous amount they may want. Sometimes it is ridiculous. Although i have not seen anything as crazy as the first post, i would still just avoid the prices he asks for and not buy it.

The only times scalper threads should be posted is if you tell us either

A. How rough you were or

B. Where the body is buried.

Then it is elevated from just pointing out another piece of human scum and turns into entertainment for the rest of us.

As of now, this thread fails.

The only times scalper threads should be posted is if you tell us either

A. How rough you were or

B. Where the body is buried.

Then it is elevated from just pointing out another piece of human scum and turns into entertainment for the rest of us.

As of now, this thread fails.

Well, I gave him a real nasty look, and I just sent an angry email to the mall. Not much, I know, but hell, it should cause something to happen.

I love threads like this...always good for a laugh. The never ending whining about how scalpers are runining toy collecting. It's like anything else...they wouldn't snatch this stuff up and resell if there wasn't a demand. Raise your hand if you've never bought anything on Ebay for more than retail. I didn't think so. We've all done it...myself included and this is basically the same thing. To act like you have some inherent right to merchandise you have not purchased yet is ridiculous and expecting someone to leave it there for real collectors is totally unrealstic. Sorry. I don't like it anymore than anyone else but constantly whining about it is not going to change it. Just my 2 cents.

Ok, I want a gold star too! *raises hand* As for constantly whining about scalpers, no, it won't do anything about them, but if someone actually tried DOING something, it might. And, I don't think having some kind of hope that some of our fellow human beings have some sort of decency and respect for their fellow man. So it's not a matter of people claiming they have an "inherent right", its peoples disgust over lazy fat middle aged hobos who use their mommies money to buy toys and sell them at outrageous prices.

First come first serve. People can buy what they want. We really need to get over this "scalper" crap. He is in business because people will pay $25 for a figure. If we don't pay, he has no job. People need to worry about themselves. Let him buy all that he wants, I never pay more than retail for something that I want.

Yeah, people can buy whatever they want, true. But theres no real "scalper crap", the guy isn't in "business", it isn't his "job", its a support system for his laziness and apparent stupidity because he can't get a real job like the rest of us. In the end here, people complaining about this is them worrying "about themselves" because these morons are taking merchandise people want. You say you never pay more than retail for something you want, well how would you feel if you went to go buy something you really wanted, and some fat hobo grabbed it, told you that he was going to go off and sell it at 10 times its actual price, and then he waved it in your face and walked off. I guess any anger or resentment you'd have, you'd just hafta get over rght? After all, "we really need to get over this 'scalper' crap" right?

I've always wondered, since the comment is made about this being "scalper crap", would you go say that if someone was out scalping tickets to an event/concert you wanted to see??? Yes, why? Because its a completely different thing?? No, it's not. The event is there for a limited time, and so is certain merchandise. Only reason ticket scalpers get nabbed is because they're takeing money away from the owners of the venue, ie; the government. I've often wondered, on a less ranty note, if enough people were to write/email/call the toy companies and complain about this/petition or whatever would make them pay attention, wouldn't it be just as easy for toy companies to get something passed to make scalping their product just as illegal as ticket scalpers???

After all, its generally the same sort of thing going on.

<<<To Note: in case I sound snippy or rude, I apologize, but, when I rant, I sometimes tend to sound that way. *shrugs*>>

I love threads like this...always good for a laugh. The never ending whining about how scalpers are runining toy collecting. It's like anything else...they wouldn't snatch this stuff up and resell if there wasn't a demand. Raise your hand if you've never bought anything on Ebay for more than retail. I didn't think so. We've all done it...myself included and this is basically the same thing. To act like you have some inherent right to merchandise you have not purchased yet is ridiculous and expecting someone to leave it there for real collectors is totally unrealstic. Sorry. I don't like it anymore than anyone else but constantly whining about it is not going to change it. Just my 2 cents.

Ok, I want a gold star too! *raises hand* As for constantly whining about scalpers, no, it won't do anything about them, but if someone actually tried DOING something, it might. And, I don't think having some kind of hope that some of our fellow human beings have some sort of decency and respect for their fellow man. So it's not a matter of people claiming they have an "inherent right", its peoples disgust over lazy fat middle aged hobos who use their mommies money to buy toys and sell them at outrageous prices.

First come first serve. People can buy what they want. We really need to get over this "scalper" crap. He is in business because people will pay $25 for a figure. If we don't pay, he has no job. People need to worry about themselves. Let him buy all that he wants, I never pay more than retail for something that I want.

Yeah, people can buy whatever they want, true. But theres no real "scalper crap", the guy isn't in "business", it isn't his "job", its a support system for his laziness and apparent stupidity because he can't get a real job like the rest of us. In the end here, people complaining about this is them worrying "about themselves" because these morons are taking merchandise people want. You say you never pay more than retail for something you want, well how would you feel if you went to go buy something you really wanted, and some fat hobo grabbed it, told you that he was going to go off and sell it at 10 times its actual price, and then he waved it in your face and walked off. I guess any anger or resentment you'd have, you'd just hafta get over rght? After all, "we really need to get over this 'scalper' crap" right?

I've always wondered, since the comment is made about this being "scalper crap", would you go say that if someone was out scalping tickets to an event/concert you wanted to see??? Yes, why? Because its a completely different thing?? No, it's not. The event is there for a limited time, and so is certain merchandise. Only reason ticket scalpers get nabbed is because they're takeing money away from the owners of the venue, ie; the government. I've often wondered, on a less ranty note, if enough people were to write/email/call the toy companies and complain about this/petition or whatever would make them pay attention, wouldn't it be just as easy for toy companies to get something passed to make scalping their product just as illegal as ticket scalpers???

After all, its generally the same sort of thing going on.

<<<To Note: in case I sound snippy or rude, I apologize, but, when I rant, I sometimes tend to sound that way. *shrugs*>>

Wow... Your right, we do need to stop this scalper crap.... We should not complain unless they beat the @#$& out of a collector ( Then i agree with the coffee spilling coment earlier).

Awesome! That's all i ask for, man.

I can raise my hand too!

Hey, now that you are getting a gold star in the mail, can I buy it from you?

I agree with the spilling of coffee, but not on him....on his loot. It was an accident, he wasn't in a designated(licensed) store and now he has to sell his stuff at a lower rate because of damage.

I can raise my hand too!

Hey, now that you are getting a gold star in the mail, can I buy it from you?

Sure, but i'm going to let my inner scalper take possession of me...how about $100.00?

well at least he didn't make a lot of money off them if he did get them at KB

Heh, that's the first thing I thought of. <_> Edited by Bespin refugee

:rolleyes:

the easiest thing to do is just ignore them. they will go away. when stuff is not moving because he wants 25 bucks for some "hot" fig, they will learn. the only problem really is ebay and the dopey people that will pay an arm and a leg for a piece of plastic, they are just fueling the fire.

what do you consider someone who goes to wal-mart, buys as many variant ml10, 11 and 12 as they have (and all the htf normal ones) , and uses all but one of each as trade bait so they can get other rare items they need for their collection from other users on this board? does the fact that it's the ONLY way they might ever get the items they need factor into it at all?

just wondering @firedevil@

Toy scalpers are ##$%$#ed. There's just no excuse for them.

There excuse is they make tons of money off of the ##$%$#S who are such babies that they can't wait till they can find it at the store. I don't like scalpers but i don't complain, and neither should most of you. Its the people who buy off ebay that feed the scalpers just becuz they have to have it immediatly. These threads are getting to whiny.

Also its no different from someone getting 3 of one figure for there "collection". At least the scalpers still let the figure to be bought.

Toy scalpers are ##$%$#ed. There's just no excuse for them.

There excuse is they make tons of money off of the ##$%$#S who are such babies that they can't wait till they can find it at the store. I don't like scalpers but i don't complain, and neither should most of you. Its the people who buy off ebay that feed the scalpers just becuz they have to have it immediatly. These threads are getting to whiny.

Also its no different from someone getting 3 of one figure for there "collection". At least the scalpers still let the figure to be bought.

The man has some good points, people. This is what I have been trying to say. But seriously, it's not going to change. It's like the war on drugs...it's too big to make a significant difference. You can make an effort but there are so many collectors out there it's not going to cause even a dent in the demand. All you can do is take care of your own business and not give them the satisfaction of raping you on something they paid retail for, but the problem is never going to go away, unfortunately.

i totally agree with you.

Either way if you buy multiples just to trade later in life..it's still scalping....

You are takin away a chance for someone else to find a variant..

If you find one, fine, buy it, if you find 3, 4, or 5,... leave the rest for us collectors.

I know some of you will say "if I don't buy them, the scalpers will!", yeah, but now your'e the scalper :o